It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:28 am 

If Tomlin isn’t hoisting the Lombard at the end of the season, what will thie King of Yinzers do?

Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:35 am 

The back room memo said we are hoisting #7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:38 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
If Tomlin isn’t hoisting the Lombard at the end of the season, what will thie King of Yinzers do?

Absolutely nothing. Except he'll probably congratulate Tomlin on such an awesome season.

12-3

First round bye

Wtf, dude? Probably I misunderstand the post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:39 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:

Nothing, we're 12-3, 2nd seed team. There are a lot of other teams that would love to be in our spot. Some bad calls, injuries, etc., and we're still in the hunt. Unless there's a huge embarrassing (epic) collapse, Tomlin will be back.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:40 am 

VASteelerGuy wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

Nothing, we're 12-3, 2nd seed team. There are a lot of other teams that would love to be in our spot. Some bad calls, injuries, etc., and we're still in the hunt. Unless there's a huge embarrassing (epic) collapse, Tomlin will be back.

If the AFCC game ends with a Harrison strip-sack of Roethlisberger to seal the game for the Patriots, I bet that Tomlin's seat gets surprisingly hot.

EDIT: I'm not saying that the above scenario is probable. But I am pissed off that it is now possible.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:49 am 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
VASteelerGuy wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

If the AFCC game ends with a Harrison strip-sack of Roethlisberger to seal the game for the Patriots, I bet that Tomlin's seat gets surprisingly hot.

EDIT: I'm not saying that the above scenario is probable. But I am pissed off that it is now possible.

Doubt it.

Arty Deuce likely learned from his Dad not to be reactionary. Tomlin is going nowhere anytime soon.

This season has already been a huge success.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:50 am 

No CEO I know would wantonly allow his enterprise to walk into a PR fail. It's bad for business. Don't know the Steeler personnel procedure, if his approval was required to cut James loose. Where did that malpractice end, Colbert? We know Mr Rooney had nothing to do with the malpractice in the Patriot game. Under similar circumstances I can't see Art or Dan doing something this stupid. Loyalty to a fault still exists though, that's the only explanation for Haley. Warner had some telling comments about Haley, that now Haley believes he's primed for a HC job. That's admitting he took the Handkerchief job lacking all qualifications. Let's hope there's an owner stupid enough to hire him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:51 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:

This is a fucking stupid post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:56 am 

Still Lit wrote:

SO huge!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:01 am 

KC wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

SO huge!

We all of us want to mow down the Pats with a 1983 Lincoln Continental en route to a SB win. Likely many of us won't be satisfied unless that happens.

But in what universe is 12-3 with a first round bye locked up not a huge success?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:02 am 

Hmmmm.

Tomlin makes $7 million a season.

Tomlin was given a contract extension and is signed for 2018, 2019, and 2020.

Head Coaches have guaranteed contracts.

If Tomlin does not win #7 for us what does anybody really expect Art to do? Fire him?

And be on the hook for $21 million dollars?

Are you serious???

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:04 am 

Scunge wrote:
Hmmmm.

Tomlin makes $7 million a season.

Tomlin was given a contract extension and is signed for 2018, 2019, and 2020.

Head Coaches have guaranteed contracts.

If Tomlin does not win #7 for us what does anybody really expect Art to do? Fire him?

And be on the hook for $21 million dollars?

Are you serious???

Financials aside, Tomlin has done nothing to warrant not wanting him back. It's absurd.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:05 am 

Still Lit wrote:
KC wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

SO huge!

We all of us want to mow down the Pats with a 1983 Lincoln Continental en route to a SB win. Likely many of us won't be satisfied unless that happens.

But in what universe is 12-3 with a first round bye locked up not a huge success?

Cowher got to SO MANY HUGE AFC Championship games.

He had SO MUCH regular season success!

Then he was told, "it's time to win a Super Bowl, asshole.....or else".

Cowher got the message. Tomlin's lucky he's already won a Super Bowl, because it's been a long ass while.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:11 am 

KC, I will grant you everything you just said.

But still, how is 12-3 with a first round bye not a huge success?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:15 am 

Still Lit wrote:

Well, although I hate them, I liken the Steelers to teams like Duke basketball, The Lakers, The Yankees and yes, even the New England Patriots etc.

Teams of this level don't give a shit about regular season success. They EXPECT to be there in the end.

They measure success by championships.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:00 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

Absolutely nothing. Except he'll probably congratulate Tomlin on such an awesome season.

12-3

First round bye

No you didn’t misunderstand but I should have clarified with some more thoughts.

I didn’t mean to suggest that Art2 should fire Tomlin. I understand that’s not happening.

I am not a fat, sniveling , stupid little c*nt that quit my profession because I couldn’t handle getting tea bagged repeatedly by KDKA on Air personalities and swallowing Post Gazzete loads while fetching coffee.

I do think there should be more than what you suggest especially if we lose to NE in the playoffs and especially after this ridiculous move they just made with Harrison.

Belicheck knows he will most likely face Baltimore or KC in the Offs, and he knows Harrison has had a great history against those teams. Why the fuck would we give NE a gift like that? What if we see KC in AFCCG? Why wouldn’t we want to have Deebo on the roster for that game?

Who ever made that call is a dumb coffee fetching idiot: I ultimately blame the king of Yinzers, Art2.

If we don’t get out of the AFC, Tomlin should be forced to fire one or both of his coordinators and change the defensive philosophy/personnel to a 4-3 at minimum.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:06 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

Do you think Robert Kraft thinks that’s a “huge” success?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:11 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

12-3

First round bye

No you didn’t misunderstand but I should have clarified with some more thoughts.

I didn’t mean to suggest that Art2 should fire Tomlin. I understand that’s not happening.

I am not a fat, sniveling , stupid little c*nt that quit my profession because I couldn’t handle getting tea bagged repeatedly by KDKA on Air personalities and swallowing Post Gazzete loads while fetching coffee.

I do think there should be more than what you suggest especially if we lose to NE in the playoffs and especially after this ridiculous move they just made with Harrison.

Belicheck knows he will most likely face Baltimore or KC in the Offs, and he knows Harrison has had a great history against those teams. Why the fuck would we give NE a gift like that? What if we see KC in AFCCG? Why wouldn’t we want to have Deebo on the roster for that game?

Who ever made that call is a dumb coffee fetching idiot: I ultimately blame the king of Yinzers, Art2.

If we don’t get out of the AFC, Tomlin should be forced to fire one or both of his coordinators and change the defensive philosophy/personnel to a 4-3 at minimum.

Yes...this post was the epitome of a reasoned, objective analysis. Chock full of dispassionate football insight- LOADS better than anything a "coffee fetcher" could provide.

:roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:15 pm 

Holy hell this board has lost its grip. Just looking at the first page and you'd think we were ready to prepare for the draft in May. No way in hell would you know that we're 12-3 and just guaranteed us a trip to the divisional round AT HOME.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:17 pm 

Please Jeemie- enlighten me? What do you disagree with?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:20 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Holy hell this board has lost its grip. Just looking at the first page and you'd think we were ready to prepare for the draft in May. No way in hell would you know that we're 12-3 and just guaranteed us a trip to the divisional round AT HOME.

What does going 12-3 have to do with the Harrison move and being owned by NE on and now off the field in season and off season? Oh my the board has really lost it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:26 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

What does going 12-3 have to do with the Harrison move and being owned by NE on and now off the field in season and off season? Oh my the board has really lost it.

Haven't you heard? We shouldn't criticize anything the Steelers do right now because they're 12-3. Apparently, eking out wins against teams led by Deshone Kizer, Jacoby Brissett, and Brett Hundley puts the Steelers above reproach. Who are we to question them?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:34 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
. . . all of us want to mow down the Pats with a 1983 Lincoln Continental en route to a SB win.

I'm shocked, Lit, that a man of your obvious taste and refinement wouldn't select, say, the classic, incredibly heavy 1963 Continental with which to mow down the Pats, rather than one of the drab '80s editions. Unless of course that's a typo. Carry on!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:04 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

12-3

First round bye

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:06 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:

Not the whole board.

Just those without a tangible grip on reality.