It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:49 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
12-3 with a first round bye = epic failure if it does not end in hoisting a Lobardi?

You guys are either spoiled, stupid or prone to hyperbole. A combination of these perhaps.

Of course not making it to the SB would be very disappointing. Epic failure?

Read the above more closely
This is a CULMINATION of events/seasons that has proven Tomlin has underachieved with the talent on hand.

Pray, tell what roster you'd trade Pitt's for right now?
How about in the past few seasons?
Poll some GM's and I bet the Steelers wind up in at least the Top 5 (if not Top 3) rosters over the past few years.

No one has mismanaged this much talent more than Tomlin.

This year's team is more talented than it has been in several years, or are you going to try to argue that the talent level in 2013 was the same as it is now? Unsurprisingly, as the talent level has improved since then, the Steelers have made it progressively further in the playoffs. I agree that, finally, the talent level is sufficient this year to expect a super bowl win.

Last edited by Poltargyst on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:50 pm 

955876 wrote:
We should finish 13-3 which is great.

However, it still won’t be good enough to secure the #1 seed which ultimately could be the difference between a SB appearance or not.

It’s easy to look at 13-3 and say welp, good job overal.

It’s also easy to look at 13-3 and figure that with a better coached/managed second half vs NE and actually being prepared to play a woefully one dimensional Chicago team instead of focusing on how to handle the anthem we could be 14-1 and have the #1 seed secured.

Are you actually suggesting that talking about what to do about the National Anthem took away from prep time for Chicago? Like they couldn't find time to talk about that after their usual prep time was over.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:52 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Are you actually suggesting that talking about what to do about the National Anthem took away from prep time for Chicago? Like they couldn't find time to talk about that after their usual prep time was over.

I don't think that had anything to do with it....but you bring up the painful feelings after that game of how the Steelers blew a game that could ultimately impact playoff seeding. Yeah, they should have beaten NE....but if they didn't lose to Chicago it wouldn't have mattered.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:59 pm 

Considering every year where you don't win the SB a failure is just so... basic. And not realistic. The Steelers have been around for over 80 years and have 6 whole championships. Telling the guys that never hoisted a championship the other 74 odd some years that those seasons were failures and the guys who never won it all that there careers were failures just isn't right. Having said that, when you've got a team as talented as what we've got this year, the expectations should be sky high.

But yeah, good luck to the guy who goes up to Greg Lloyd as he's slowly sliding out a double-barreled shotgun from his son's shaking mouth after another "Get Tuff!" session and tells him that his whole career was a failure.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:08 pm 

I think you need to set realistic expectations of the team each off season for the coming season. If your team went 1-15 the previous year, obviously it is unrealistic to expect them to win the super bowl the next. If they go 7-9 the next year, that is one successful year. Coming into this year, it is realistic to expect the Steelers to get to the super bowl.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:10 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
I think you need to set realistic expectations of the team each off season for the coming season. If your team went 1-15 the previous year, obviously it is unrealistic to expect them to win the super bowl the next. If they go 7-9 the next year, that is one successful year. Coming into this year, it is realistic to expect the Steelers to get to the super bowl.

I thought it was realistic to expect them to go last year as we got deeper into last season. Of course, I didn't bank on Le'veon being injured vs. Patriots. I should have given his injury history, but I didn't.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:33 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
955876 wrote:
We should finish 13-3 which is great.

However, it still won’t be good enough to secure the #1 seed which ultimately could be the difference between a SB appearance or not.

It’s easy to look at 13-3 and say welp, good job overal.

It’s also easy to look at 13-3 and figure that with a better coached/managed second half vs NE and actually being prepared to play a woefully one dimensional Chicago team instead of focusing on how to handle the anthem we could be 14-1 and have the #1 seed secured.

I don’t have to suggest anything. Players said so themselves after the game. Their play on the field suggested so during the game.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/09/26/steelers-national-anthem-nfl-protests-ben-roethlisberger-mike-tomlin/stories/201709260140

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:42 pm 

Quote:
Throughout these boards you’re consistently slobbering all over Kraft’s knob, yet apparently, you don’t realize how limited and short-sighted that is.

So, I’ll give you an opportunity. Please explain why Robert Kraft is a better owner than ARII, Dan and the Chief. Go.

Show me where I have claimed Robert Kraft is a better owner than Dan or the Chief?

I have been pretty consistent saying that Art2 has been a major disappointment in how he matches up against the Patriots and what he is doing about those disappointments. He is 2-9 in their last 11 games including 2 AFCCG embarrassing blow outs.

What has been more disappointing than those losses is his lack of aggressiveness to improve the team in order to get over his biggest obstacle. He has mainly relied on the draft until late in this past offseason when he signed Joe Haden (they got very lucky he was available at that time if we are being honest). In addition to being passive in player acquisition, he has let this defensive scheme get destroyed by NE over and over again without change.

In the above 11 games mentioned, they have played man coverage primarily in 2 games, winning one and almost winning the game a few weeks ago. Definition of being stubborn and conservative.

All the time having our greatest QB on the roster. I believe his passive nature has left rings on the field.

I don't think that is limited and short sighted?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11