It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:56 pm
Posts: 1040
fortythree wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
43....sorry, guy's just a dick, as put so bluntly, and correctly, by Zeke yesterday.


I'm only a dick to people who deserve it. Don't start with me and I won't go in on you.

I have a lot of shit saved either in word files or in my memory from over the years (PMs from a very prominent poster on this site lying about having a sports radio show in his city and having the clout to have me fired from my job because I corrected him on a fact, you asking me to read over your Manifesto for editing purposes, you calling into shows on 970 ESPN and asking about me, etc.) so I remember exactly why you don't like me.

You think I'm a dick because I think it's hilarious that SteelSpiker made you horny online and you came to "her" defense only to later find out you were catfished and it was a dude, ConwayFiddy. That shit happens all the time, dude. Just own up to it. No one is judging you.

I also think it's hilarious that you have no idea of what I did when I worked at Clear Channel but you think you do because you saw interns portrayed on tv and movies as nothing but glorified gofers for their bosses and conflated that with what a producer would be.

I don't have a problem with you personally but you insist on constantly getting personal with me. The saddest part is that you're like twice my age and still act like that. Over a football message board.

So if you want to get back to talking football, great let's do it. If you want to continue the petty personal bullshit then I suggest you leave me out of it.



Well, in the spirit of Bud Dupree...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
fortythree wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
43....sorry, guy's just a dick, as put so bluntly, and correctly, by Zeke yesterday.


I'm only a dick to people who deserve it. Don't start with me and I won't go in on you.

I have a lot of shit saved either in word files or in my memory from over the years (PMs from a very prominent poster on this site lying about having a sports radio show in his city and having the clout to have me fired from my job because I corrected him on a fact, you asking me to read over your Manifesto for editing purposes, you calling into shows on 970 ESPN and asking about me, etc.) so I remember exactly why you don't like me.

You think I'm a dick because I think it's hilarious that SteelSpiker made you horny online and you came to "her" defense only to later find out you were catfished and it was a dude, ConwayFiddy. That shit happens all the time, dude. Just own up to it. No one is judging you.

I also think it's hilarious that you have no idea of what I did when I worked at Clear Channel but you think you do because you saw interns portrayed on tv and movies as nothing but glorified gofers for their bosses and conflated that with what a producer would be.

I don't have a problem with you personally but you insist on constantly getting personal with me. The saddest part is that you're like twice my age and still act like that. Over a football message board.

So if you want to get back to talking football, great let's do it. If you want to continue the petty personal bullshit then I suggest you leave me out of it.



_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:11 pm
Posts: 1902
Jesus a lot of you on this Site are full of your own ego and not really here to talk Steeler football. I ignore what I can but this thread is a good example of it getting way out of hand. Fucking follow the rules of the board and leave your personal shit out of it.

_________________
Mike Tomlin. Useless idiot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:58 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6904
Obviously wrote:
In the meantime, Cowher and Tomlin are the same.

True.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
fortythree wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
43....sorry, guy's just a dick, as put so bluntly, and correctly, by Zeke yesterday.


I'm only a dick to people who deserve it. Don't start with me and I won't go in on you.

I have a lot of shit saved either in word files or in my memory from over the years (PMs from a very prominent poster on this site lying about having a sports radio show in his city and having the clout to have me fired from my job because I corrected him on a fact, you asking me to read over your Manifesto for editing purposes, you calling into shows on 970 ESPN and asking about me, etc.) so I remember exactly why you don't like me.

You think I'm a dick because I think it's hilarious that SteelSpiker made you horny online and you came to "her" defense only to later find out you were catfished and it was a dude, ConwayFiddy. That shit happens all the time, dude. Just own up to it. No one is judging you.

I also think it's hilarious that you have no idea of what I did when I worked at Clear Channel but you think you do because you saw interns portrayed on tv and movies as nothing but glorified gofers for their bosses and conflated that with what a producer would be.

I don't have a problem with you personally but you insist on constantly getting personal with me. The saddest part is that you're like twice my age and still act like that. Over a football message board.

So if you want to get back to talking football, great let's do it. If you want to continue the petty personal bullshit then I suggest you leave me out of it.


And when all else fails, the Sniveling Little Bitch Forty-Three plays the age card...as though posters like me, KC, etc. are going to get pissed for referencing our age. You can believe what you want to believe about Steel Spiker...not going to try and convince you otherwise, because I don't really give a shit.

Funny that YOU think that I think I have a solid basis for you being a coffee gofer. How the fuck would I know what you do?? It's kind of in the same category as compound daily interest with Barney Rubble. Do you think he actually sent me a bill for the beer he bought me. Same with Ron and Beauty School Dropout. I make shit up all the time. Some of it sticks; some of it doesn't.

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about with this editing bullshit. If don't remember it that way. If you have proof like you say you do, go ahead and post it.

I DO know though, that you thought you were hot shit and being a media member....taking me to task when I dared use my own source to let posters know about James Harrison's broken orbital bone in advance of Tomlin's presser...you took at as some sort of personal affront.

Why I don't like you??? You tell me. I never didn't like you until you started being such a dick. Obviously, I'm not the only one that thinks so.

And as far as starting shit, it's happened a few times know that I've stopped responding to anything you post, other people make a reference to your being a coffee boy, and instead of responding to the person that authored the post, you bring me into your response.

So again, fuck you, Forty-Three....not my fault you're a failed fuckin' journalist....and a dick on top of it all.

Oh...and what the FUCK are you referring to with this?

PMs from a very prominent poster on this site lying about having a sports radio show in his city and having the clout to have me fired from my job because I corrected him on a fact,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:05 pm
Posts: 244
My God... this site is worse than your average soap opera targeted for women.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2409
Flanker wrote:
My God... this site is worse than your average soap opera targeted for women.


Come on man, we're all Steelers fans. In the end this is like a brotherhood.

If BengalsMom (wtf was her name again?) or Brian J (was that the name of the Ravens fucker?) or Switz, or that Patriots fan who tried to pretend to be a Steelers fan came back here to talk shit you can be sure we'd all forget our bullshit and defend our territory.

No soap opera can say that they have anything like that.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1417
Jobus Rum wrote:
Obviously wrote:
In the meantime, Cowher and Tomlin are the same.

True.


I have been thinking in this manner more and more.

Cowher had the better D’s and Tomlin the better O’s but Tomlin has had Ben his entire career.

Tomlin wins this year he’s way ahead of Cowher, but he loses, they’re quite comparable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4435
Still Lit wrote:
I will, yes.

I am saying the season has already been a huge success.


So having arguably the top 5 players in the NFL at the following positions: QB, RB, WR, C, G, DE, ILB for the past few years with ZIPPO Championships to show for it would be a success?

This isn't about JUST THIS YEAR. This is a culmination of years where Tomlin has failed to put this team in optimal position to succeed.

Tomlin is Cowher who is Dan Bylsma

They are all cut from the same cloth: early success clouded their understanding what it takes to be successful over the long haul

Tomlin is good with the financial and job security that this position entails. When he wins an AFC Championship game this decade, please call me


Last edited by Donnie Brasco on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 11336
Tomlin is a GREAT motivator and VERY POOR strategist.

That is why Belichick regularly takes his lunch money.

_________________
86n96 wrote:
Been checked to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4257
Post season is a different animal. A higher league. It's true for players and coaches.

There is more work to be done this year.

No way am I crowning this season yet.

It's been a great ride to this point. We are in good position. Nothing more than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 11336
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
I will, yes.

I am saying the season has already been a huge success.


So having arguably the top 5 players in the NFL at the following positions: QB, RB, WR, C, G, DE, ILB for the past few years with ZIPPO Championships to show for it would be a success?

This isn't about JUST THIS YEAR. This is a culmination of years where Tomlin has failed to put this team in optimal position to succeed.

Tomlin is Cowher who is Dan Bylsma

They are all cut from the same cloth: early success clouded their understanding what it takes to be successful over the long haul

Tomlin is good with the financial and job security that this position entails. When he wins an AFC Championship game this decade, please call me


BINGO.

Not winning it all this year would be an EPIC FAILURE.

_________________
86n96 wrote:
Been checked to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4261
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
I will, yes.

I am saying the season has already been a huge success.


So having arguably the top 5 players in the NFL at the following positions: QB, RB, WR, C, G, DE, ILB for the past few years with ZIPPO Championships to show for it would be a success?

This isn't about JUST THIS YEAR. This is a culmination of years where Tomlin has failed to put this team in optimal position to succeed.

Tomlin is Cowher who is Dan Bylsma

They are all cut from the same cloth: early success clouded their understanding what it takes to be successful over the long haul

Tomlin is good with the financial and job security that this position entails. When he wins an AFC Championship game this decade, please call me


Donnie - POST OF THE MONTH! Technically, though, the 2010 AFCCG was played in 2011 so counts for this decade. Tomlin's boys almost coughed that one up with a late furious comeback by Mark Sanchez and the Jets.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4435
Obviously wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
I will, yes.

I am saying the season has already been a huge success.


So having arguably the top 5 players in the NFL at the following positions: QB, RB, WR, C, G, DE, ILB for the past few years with ZIPPO Championships to show for it would be a success?

This isn't about JUST THIS YEAR. This is a culmination of years where Tomlin has failed to put this team in optimal position to succeed.

Tomlin is Cowher who is Dan Bylsma

They are all cut from the same cloth: early success clouded their understanding what it takes to be successful over the long haul

Tomlin is good with the financial and job security that this position entails. When he wins an AFC Championship game this decade, please call me


Donnie - POST OF THE MONTH! Technically, though, the 2010 AFCCG was played in 2011 so counts for this decade. Tomlin's boys almost coughed that one up with a late furious comeback by Mark Sanchez and the Jets.


My bad on the dates...that future HOF QB Mark Sanchez almost ruined Tomlin's run to SB (runner up) glory!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9681
12-3 with a first round bye = epic failure if it does not end in hoisting a Lobardi?

You guys are either spoiled, stupid or prone to hyperbole. A combination of these perhaps.

Of course not making it to the SB would be very disappointing. Epic failure?

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:36 pm
Posts: 155
In previous years, I laughed at all the Fire-The-Head-Coach talk, knowing it was just talk. (And I think it's extremely unlikely R2 will fire his head coach after a very good regular season.) The Steelers haven't fired a head coach since sometime before the 1970 merger. But now that Dan is gone, who knows how R2 will handle a bad season? He might react like the other 31 owners for all I know. I haven't noticed any major deviations from the Rooney Way since Dan's passing, but an era has ended, and I won't assume that Tomlin's job is safe just because a Rooney signs his paycheck.

_________________
Man, come on, I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4435
Still Lit wrote:
12-3 with a first round bye = epic failure if it does not end in hoisting a Lobardi?

You guys are either spoiled, stupid or prone to hyperbole. A combination of these perhaps.

Of course not making it to the SB would be very disappointing. Epic failure?


Read the above more closely
This is a CULMINATION of events/seasons that has proven Tomlin has underachieved with the talent on hand.

Pray, tell what roster you'd trade Pitt's for right now?
How about in the past few seasons?
Poll some GM's and I bet the Steelers wind up in at least the Top 5 (if not Top 3) rosters over the past few years.

No one has mismanaged this much talent more than Tomlin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4169
We should finish 13-3 which is great.

However, it still won’t be good enough to secure the #1 seed which ultimately could be the difference between a SB appearance or not.

It’s easy to look at 13-3 and say welp, good job overal.

It’s also easy to look at 13-3 and figure that with a better coached/managed second half vs NE and actually being prepared to play a woefully one dimensional Chicago team instead of focusing on how to handle the anthem we could be 14-1 and have the #1 seed secured.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 pm
Posts: 1751
Havoc wrote:
Post season is a different animal. A higher league. It's true for players and coaches.

There is more work to be done this year.

No way am I crowning this season yet.

It's been a great ride to this point. We are in good position. Nothing more than that.

Spot on

_________________
Get well soon, Matt Murray


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7617
It was an accomplishment for last year's team to get to the AFCCG. Last year was a successful season. This year, losing the AFCCG will feel like a failure. A super bowl appearance is required for this season to feel like a successful season, especially with the upgrade in talent we have this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7617
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
12-3 with a first round bye = epic failure if it does not end in hoisting a Lobardi?

You guys are either spoiled, stupid or prone to hyperbole. A combination of these perhaps.

Of course not making it to the SB would be very disappointing. Epic failure?


Read the above more closely
This is a CULMINATION of events/seasons that has proven Tomlin has underachieved with the talent on hand.

Pray, tell what roster you'd trade Pitt's for right now?
How about in the past few seasons?
Poll some GM's and I bet the Steelers wind up in at least the Top 5 (if not Top 3) rosters over the past few years.

No one has mismanaged this much talent more than Tomlin.

This year's team is more talented than it has been in several years, or are you going to try to argue that the talent level in 2013 was the same as it is now? Unsurprisingly, as the talent level has improved since then, the Steelers have made it progressively further in the playoffs. I agree that, finally, the talent level is sufficient this year to expect a super bowl win.


Last edited by Poltargyst on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7617
955876 wrote:
We should finish 13-3 which is great.

However, it still won’t be good enough to secure the #1 seed which ultimately could be the difference between a SB appearance or not.

It’s easy to look at 13-3 and say welp, good job overal.

It’s also easy to look at 13-3 and figure that with a better coached/managed second half vs NE and actually being prepared to play a woefully one dimensional Chicago team instead of focusing on how to handle the anthem we could be 14-1 and have the #1 seed secured.

Are you actually suggesting that talking about what to do about the National Anthem took away from prep time for Chicago? Like they couldn't find time to talk about that after their usual prep time was over.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11333
Poltargyst wrote:
Are you actually suggesting that talking about what to do about the National Anthem took away from prep time for Chicago? Like they couldn't find time to talk about that after their usual prep time was over.


I don't think that had anything to do with it....but you bring up the painful feelings after that game of how the Steelers blew a game that could ultimately impact playoff seeding. Yeah, they should have beaten NE....but if they didn't lose to Chicago it wouldn't have mattered.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3988
Considering every year where you don't win the SB a failure is just so... basic. And not realistic. The Steelers have been around for over 80 years and have 6 whole championships. Telling the guys that never hoisted a championship the other 74 odd some years that those seasons were failures and the guys who never won it all that there careers were failures just isn't right. Having said that, when you've got a team as talented as what we've got this year, the expectations should be sky high.

But yeah, good luck to the guy who goes up to Greg Lloyd as he's slowly sliding out a double-barreled shotgun from his son's shaking mouth after another "Get Tuff!" session and tells him that his whole career was a failure.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7617
I think you need to set realistic expectations of the team each off season for the coming season. If your team went 1-15 the previous year, obviously it is unrealistic to expect them to win the super bowl the next. If they go 7-9 the next year, that is one successful year. Coming into this year, it is realistic to expect the Steelers to get to the super bowl.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jewelsongs and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group