It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 3817
Post season is a different animal. A higher league. It's true for players and coaches.

There is more work to be done this year.

No way am I crowning this season yet.

It's been a great ride to this point. We are in good position. Nothing more than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 10308
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
I will, yes.

I am saying the season has already been a huge success.


So having arguably the top 5 players in the NFL at the following positions: QB, RB, WR, C, G, DE, ILB for the past few years with ZIPPO Championships to show for it would be a success?

This isn't about JUST THIS YEAR. This is a culmination of years where Tomlin has failed to put this team in optimal position to succeed.

Tomlin is Cowher who is Dan Bylsma

They are all cut from the same cloth: early success clouded their understanding what it takes to be successful over the long haul

Tomlin is good with the financial and job security that this position entails. When he wins an AFC Championship game this decade, please call me


BINGO.

Not winning it all this year would be an EPIC FAILURE.

_________________
randomsteelerfan wrote:
I’m going with pre-ejaculate, probably younger.

I'll bet you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 3757
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
I will, yes.

I am saying the season has already been a huge success.


So having arguably the top 5 players in the NFL at the following positions: QB, RB, WR, C, G, DE, ILB for the past few years with ZIPPO Championships to show for it would be a success?

This isn't about JUST THIS YEAR. This is a culmination of years where Tomlin has failed to put this team in optimal position to succeed.

Tomlin is Cowher who is Dan Bylsma

They are all cut from the same cloth: early success clouded their understanding what it takes to be successful over the long haul

Tomlin is good with the financial and job security that this position entails. When he wins an AFC Championship game this decade, please call me


Donnie - POST OF THE MONTH! Technically, though, the 2010 AFCCG was played in 2011 so counts for this decade. Tomlin's boys almost coughed that one up with a late furious comeback by Mark Sanchez and the Jets.

_________________
Because Tomlin.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4185
Obviously wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
I will, yes.

I am saying the season has already been a huge success.


So having arguably the top 5 players in the NFL at the following positions: QB, RB, WR, C, G, DE, ILB for the past few years with ZIPPO Championships to show for it would be a success?

This isn't about JUST THIS YEAR. This is a culmination of years where Tomlin has failed to put this team in optimal position to succeed.

Tomlin is Cowher who is Dan Bylsma

They are all cut from the same cloth: early success clouded their understanding what it takes to be successful over the long haul

Tomlin is good with the financial and job security that this position entails. When he wins an AFC Championship game this decade, please call me


Donnie - POST OF THE MONTH! Technically, though, the 2010 AFCCG was played in 2011 so counts for this decade. Tomlin's boys almost coughed that one up with a late furious comeback by Mark Sanchez and the Jets.


My bad on the dates...that future HOF QB Mark Sanchez almost ruined Tomlin's run to SB (runner up) glory!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9247
12-3 with a first round bye = epic failure if it does not end in hoisting a Lobardi?

You guys are either spoiled, stupid or prone to hyperbole. A combination of these perhaps.

Of course not making it to the SB would be very disappointing. Epic failure?

_________________
Frank Sinatra, Jr. 'Black Night'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwl7X6Jruo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:36 pm
Posts: 144
In previous years, I laughed at all the Fire-The-Head-Coach talk, knowing it was just talk. (And I think it's extremely unlikely R2 will fire his head coach after a very good regular season.) The Steelers haven't fired a head coach since sometime before the 1970 merger. But now that Dan is gone, who knows how R2 will handle a bad season? He might react like the other 31 owners for all I know. I haven't noticed any major deviations from the Rooney Way since Dan's passing, but an era has ended, and I won't assume that Tomlin's job is safe just because a Rooney signs his paycheck.

_________________
Man, come on, I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4185
Still Lit wrote:
12-3 with a first round bye = epic failure if it does not end in hoisting a Lobardi?

You guys are either spoiled, stupid or prone to hyperbole. A combination of these perhaps.

Of course not making it to the SB would be very disappointing. Epic failure?


Read the above more closely
This is a CULMINATION of events/seasons that has proven Tomlin has underachieved with the talent on hand.

Pray, tell what roster you'd trade Pitt's for right now?
How about in the past few seasons?
Poll some GM's and I bet the Steelers wind up in at least the Top 5 (if not Top 3) rosters over the past few years.

No one has mismanaged this much talent more than Tomlin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3948
We should finish 13-3 which is great.

However, it still won’t be good enough to secure the #1 seed which ultimately could be the difference between a SB appearance or not.

It’s easy to look at 13-3 and say welp, good job overal.

It’s also easy to look at 13-3 and figure that with a better coached/managed second half vs NE and actually being prepared to play a woefully one dimensional Chicago team instead of focusing on how to handle the anthem we could be 14-1 and have the #1 seed secured.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 pm
Posts: 1719
Havoc wrote:
Post season is a different animal. A higher league. It's true for players and coaches.

There is more work to be done this year.

No way am I crowning this season yet.

It's been a great ride to this point. We are in good position. Nothing more than that.

Spot on

_________________
Get well soon, Matt Murray


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art I don’t have 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 6879
It was an accomplishment for last year's team to get to the AFCCG. Last year was a successful season. This year, losing the AFCCG will feel like a failure. A super bowl appearance is required for this season to feel like a successful season, especially with the upgrade in talent we have this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group