It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: More redux...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:47 am 

Okay...I'm admittedly having trouble shutting the fuck up this week. So.....couple redux thoughts....

*Plenty of people on this esteemed website were pissed off at the way Santonio Holmes left the Steelers....his Wake & Bake, his defiance, his non-participation. That was off-season though. I've oft-said that as a Pittsburgh Steeler fan, I'll be forever indebted to Santonio Holmes.

That said, if there's remaining angst toward Holmes, think about him in light of all the recent NFL bullshit about catches, possession, ball movement, etc. Not JUST his SB-winning catch, but also the catch that beat the Ravens in Baltimore in Week 15, clinching the Norf for the Steelers....neither of those catches are catches if the ball doesn't absolutely stick to Santonio's hands, if there's the slightest hint of a bobble. Both fantastic coaches.

*The upcoming AFCCG, if in Foxboro, is going to be '74 AFCCG Redux, including "The Best Team in Football is in this Room!" This will be the modern day version....'74 Steelers lost to the Raiders in Pittsburgh, then beat them in the Oakland Alameda Coliseum. There's parallels here.

Post subject: Re: More redux...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:49 am 

Did the Raiders have all kinds of ways to use technology to cheat their asses off at home?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:54 am 

fortythree wrote:
Did the Raiders have all kinds of ways to use technology to cheat their asses off at home?

Weren't they the team that had guys climb up into trees to spy on potential opponents' practice facilities?

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:55 am 

Jeemie wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Weren't they the team that had guys climb up into trees to spy on potential opponents' practice facilities?

I dunno. I was -11 years old in 1974.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:08 am 

fortythree wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
fortythree wrote:

I dunno. I was -11 years old in 1974.

That's funny... I was +11 in '75

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:30 am 

Sadly, in July of 1974 I turned 1. I say sadly because I would of loved seeing that group tear up the 70's live, in person.
Today's NFL is just a farce of what it used to be.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:35 am 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Sadly, in July of 1974 I turned 1. I say sadly because I would of loved seeing that group tear up the 70's live, in person.

I was 7 in 1974.

I remember the tail end of that great 1970s run with scattered memories of the early seasons.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:08 am 

I dunno. I was -11 years old in 1974.[/quote]
That's funny... I was +11 in '75[/quote]

I was born.

I remember by the early 80s having watched all the NFL films VHS recaps of all the Superbowls to that point. My dad would get them for me at the library. I studied everything I possibly could Steelers/Superbowls.

Swiss, I hope you're right my man. I don't know if I could handle losing to those fuckers again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:30 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
neither of those catches are catches if the ball doesn't absolutely stick to Santonio's hands, if there's the slightest hint of a bobble. Both fantastic coaches..

It was a bit of a clumsy move by James letting his left elbow (hitting the ground) jar the ball free from his left hand. Lack of body awareness/control. You can't do that. You have to hang onto that football with a pair of vice grips and for dear life. Period.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:48 am 

Jeemie wrote:
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:

I was 7 in 1974.

I remember the tail end of that great 1970s run with scattered memories of the early seasons.

I was a few weeks shy of 20. The '74 AFCCG, in my opinion, remains the most compelling, most significant Steeler game of all time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next