It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brown Running Routes
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:02 pm 

Brown was running routes in Florida against Chad Johnson. He's Baaack. Johnson posted the Instagram today.

Post subject: Re: Brown Running Routes
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:10 pm 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdnrjcvl5-a ... =ochocinco

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:14 pm 

Thanks for the link RS. He still doesn't look 100% but has another week to rehab.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:35 pm 

If he doesn't make it back 100%, it won't be from a lack of effort.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:39 pm 

Even if he's 80%, he's better than most receivers. Re-injury is always a concern. I'd rotate him.

Miter Saw wrote:
If he doesn't make it back 100%, it won't be from a lack of effort.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:49 pm 

I think i'd sit him at 80% if it means being 100 for a potential rematch in Foxboro. He's not a big, physical WR. His game is quickness and change of direction.

The type of injury would leave me to believe that re-aggravation would be very possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:52 pm 

Ok, this one looks much more impressive than the one i posted earlier. https://twitter.com/Steel_Curtain4/stat ... 5323275265

i think he'll be good to go next sunday

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:58 pm 

80% or not, once you get to this point another week makes a huge difference. He should be damn near 100%, I'd think.

Plus, even more positive sign (I think?) in that video that he is running some routes with having it taped or wrapped.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:05 am 

Spell Brown with Bryant and keep from overusing him. Hope his calf doesn't tighten up in the cold weather.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:18 am 

I've seen a number of videos of CJ working with receivers. It would be interesting to see what he could do as a WR coach somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:53 am 

I agree with you AF, he should coach. I don't know if you can coach what he had in size, strength, leaping ability etc. but he could help younger guys. They would look up to him. One of the greatest WR of all time.

AF Stiller Fan wrote:
I've seen a number of videos of CJ working with receivers. It would be interesting to see what he could do as a WR coach somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:58 am 

If he can’t go he can’t go. This team is deep offensively. I think JuJu, Bryant, Rogers, and Hunter can handle the load at WR.

McDonald is key for me . I think he is under utilized and has much potential. We aren’t going to see Ben wing it 50+ in this game anyways. They are going to run and throw off of that success. Bell and NcDonald can help.

The concern for me is always on defense. They are going to load the box and force Jax to pass, that’s always an uncertainty with this group and that’s with Bortles or Mark Malone at QB, doesn’t matter.

If Iam Jax, I am throwing deep and often in this game hoping to get lucky or to open up some running lanes.

I hope Mitchell, Davis and Burns (sounds like a bad law firm) are up to it. If they aren’t, let’s hope Tomlin has the balls to utilize a guy like Sutton in- game to help.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:14 am 

Good points 88. Fournette taunted that bitch Mitchell to try and tackle him. Whiff had no response. Soft as a baby's ass.

]
Suwanee88 wrote:
If he can’t go he can’t go. This team is deep offensively. I think JuJu, Bryant, Rogers, and Hunter can handle the load at WR.

McDonald is key for me . I think he is under utilized and has much potential. We aren’t going to see Ben wing it 50+ in this game anyways. They are going to run and throw off of that success. Bell and NcDonald can help.

The concern for me is always on defense. They are going to load the box and force Jax to pass, that’s always an uncertainty with this group and that’s with Bortles or Mark Malone at QB, doesn’t matter.

If Iam Jax, I am throwing deep and often in this game hoping to get lucky or to open up some running lanes.

I hope Mitchell, Davis and Burns (sounds like a bad law firm) are up to it. If they aren’t, let’s hope Tomlin has the balls to utilize a guy like Sutton in- game to help.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:31 am 

Steelergenie wrote:
I agree with you AF, he should coach. I don't know if you can coach what he had in size, strength, leaping ability etc. but he could help younger guys. They would look up to him. One of the greatest WR of all time.

AF Stiller Fan wrote:

Chad Johnson was a very effective route runner, I will give you that.

Do you really believe he’s one of the best WR of all time? C’mon now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:47 am 

Your right Hines, I got Chad and Calvin mixed up.

Hinestuff wrote:
Steelergenie wrote:

AF Stiller Fan wrote:

Chad Johnson was a very effective route runner, I will give you that.

Do you really believe he’s one of the best WR of all time? C’mon now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:25 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:

Yup.
McDonald will have a much more favorable match-up using his speed against LB or nickel.
Than guys matched up vs. Ramsey and Bouye.
Same for Bell out of backfield.

With that Jags defensive line and pass rush, combined with the top notch CB's, it should be the short quick passing game that keeps the ball moving forward, moving the chains and scoring points.
Would not be surprised if McDonald, James and Bell have more combined catches than AB, JuJu and Bryant.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:39 am 

Steelergenie wrote:
Good points 88. Fournette taunted that bitch Mitchell to try and tackle him. Whiff had no response. Soft as a baby's ass.

]
Suwanee88 wrote:

WTF are you talking about? Fans perceptions can be amazingly out of whack.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:53 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

Yup.
McDonald will have a much more favorable match-up using his speed against LB or nickel.
Than guys matched up vs. Ramsey and Bouye.
Same for Bell out of backfield.

With that Jags defensive line and pass rush, combined with the top notch CB's, it should be the short quick passing game that keeps the ball moving forward, moving the chains and scoring points.
Would not be surprised if McDonald, James and Bell have more combined catches than AB, JuJu and Bryant.

In looking at that Niners highlight reel, the TE and H Back had some big plays hopefully McDonald is looking at that and is licking his chops. Its interesting to note that in their losses this year the TE did very well

1 @Hou 6 60 0 12
2 Ten 6 91 1 27.2
3 Bal 5 26 1 13.6
4 @NYJ 4 46 0 8.6
5 @Pit 3 24 0 5.4
6 LAR 2 4 1 8.4
7 @Ind 8 57 0 13.7
8 BYE - - - -
9 Cin 2 79 0 9.9
10 LAC 2 10 0 3
11 @Cle 2 18 0 3.8
12 @Ari 8 107 1 24.7
13 Ind 5 27 0 7.7
14 Sea 1 12 0 2.2
15 Hou 0 0 0 0
16 @SF 3 42 1 13.2
17 @Ten 7 43 0 11.3

I dont think the SF game included throws to the H back. In the case of the Rams and the Jets game you had really good games by the RB to offset the lack of TE production. Something else of note the Jags special teams is worse than ours.