It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NFL.com October article:Ben Roethlisberger's not a top-1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:29 am 

The media bullshit is a real shame....IMO, Ben is a combination of Elway and Montana that might never be seen again. Rodgers comes close, and is arguably(?!?) more talented, but he's just not a winner and gamer like Ben. In watching the NFL for over 30 years, NO ONE I've seen throws the ball like Ben and Rodgers.

STFU about Brady....he plays in a cheater system with Rain Man calling plays. On any other team Brady is MAYBE Steve Young without the wheels.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:37 am 

Kodiak wrote:
The media bullshit is a real shame....IMO, Ben is a combination of Elway and Montana that might never be seen again. Rodgers comes close, and is arguably(?!?) more talented, but he's just not a winner and gamer like Ben. In watching the NFL for over 30 years, NO ONE I've seen throws the ball like Ben and Rodgers.

STFU about Brady....he plays in a cheater system with Rain Man calling plays. On any other team Brady is MAYBE Steve Young without the wheels.

One thing not talked about is how other non-Brady QBs have had success under center for the Pats. Compare that with Ben’s back ups who might have won some
Games but clearly were game managers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:40 am 

Kodiak wrote:

Provided he fully recovers from his ACL injury, Carson Wentz has all the tools to become the next Ben/Rodgers QB. Also incredibly smart, having been one of the few college QBs that ran a pro-style offense and didn't have his coach doing all his thinking for him.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 am 

This board’s inferiority complex with Brady and the Pats is kinda sad. Reminds me of how Bengals fans talk and act about our team.

If Ben Roethlisberger had five Lombardi’s and was coming off a SB performance where he led the Steelers back from a 28-3 deficit, with multiple huge 3rd and 4th down conversions, multipe two point conversions just to send the game into OT and then won it in the greatest comeback in SB history, can you imagine anyone with a fucking brain on here saying “Eh, he’s just a product of the system” or try to argue another QB is more of a winner or a “gamer” than he is? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesus guys... some of you sound like whiny 10 year olds who got shoved into your locker too many times.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:13 am 

steelmann58 wrote:
Hinestuff wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
Ben got hot just at the correct time

You mean the entire second half of the year?

Second half of the colts game exactly

Thre off his chains and started calling plays/taking charge/said fuck this

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:43 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

Provided he fully recovers from his ACL injury, Carson Wentz has all the tools to become the next Ben/Rodgers QB. Also incredibly smart, having been one of the few college QBs that ran a pro-style offense and didn't have his coach doing all his thinking for him.

Ya Wentz has always reminded me of Ben as well, Darnold at USC is also a lot like Ben.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:32 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Thre off his chains and started calling plays/taking charge/said fuck this

I mean, yeah, this. :lol:

He definitely is playing a lot more inspired too. The first half of the year his body language screamed "Maybe I should have retired." It's clear to me he didn't buy into Haley's playcalling and the philosophy of the offense. What they've got now is great though. Ben has taken the reins, gets his fair share of calling his own plays, and it's definitely an explosive passing offense that works in the run, as opposed to what they were doing earlier in the year, and Haley is able to build off that, take one concept/look one week and then the next build something different off that same look the next week. I've seen designs the past couple of weeks I haven't seen all year. They may hate each other but they're doing great things together now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:37 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
At the start of the regular season, look at his targets:

AB double and triple teamed, literally.
Bryant hadn't played in a year and seemed to have forgotten how to play the position.
Bell hadn't practiced in months and looked a bit off doing everything he normally does really well.
JuJu was a rookie who'd never played in an NFL game.
Hunter had the dropsies.
Eli Rogers was running bad routes, not getting his hands ready to catch the ball, and generally being invisible.

Add to that a byzantine, asinine U shaped play card and grab bag garbage like 5 screens on the first 6 plays in Chicago... are we wondering why Ben got off to a mediocre start?

I agree with all of this, but Ben is also known for not doing shit in the off-season. He looked slow and out of shape to me, in addition to everything you said.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:53 pm 

TB wrote:
This board’s inferiority complex with Brady and the Pats is kinda sad. Reminds me of how Bengals fans talk and act about our team.

I've made that comparison as well.

It's a little brother complex.

It'll continue until the Steelers win one over them that matters.....same thing with the Bengals. Or until fans start to take their beatings like men lol.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:35 pm 

There's no inferiority complex. They cheat, have been caught multiple times (that we know of ) doing it. And multiple QB's have played very well in that system.

Montana and Young were great QB's, but they were perhaps made much greater playing in a system that was, at the time, years ahead of the defenses. But they didn't play for cheaters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next