It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NFL.com October article:Ben Roethlisberger's not a top-1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 693
It's a steeler message board and, even before the Harrison drama, the Pats were discussed ad nauseum.

The HC talks about the Patriots with games against the Packers, Bengals and Ravens yet to come.

I'd disagree there is no complex or at minimum "in their heads".

Again....going back to the '05 run, we used to laugh at the Bengals for worrying about the steelers in weeks they weren't playing them. There's no difference now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFL.com October article:Ben Roethlisberger's not a top-1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 9638
Miter Saw wrote:
The HC talks about the Patriots with games against the Packers, Bengals and Ravens yet to come.


Certainly a HC can walk and chew gum at the same time....thinking about the clear and main rival in the AFC in no way means there is a complex or "in your head", it just means your HC isn't an idiot.

That last game at Heinz field suggested nothing about the team having an inferiority complex or having NE in their heads - they outplayed NE, and got screwed out of a W.

So maybe let's just stop with all this BS. NE is a perennial top team and SB favorite. They're going to be talked about as they ARE relevant to PIT, this being a football discussion forum and all.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFL.com October article:Ben Roethlisberger's not a top-1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3485
Quote:
That last game at Heinz field suggested nothing about the team having an inferiority complex or having NE in their heads - they were outplaying NE (until they foolishly took their foot off gas waaay too early) and screwed themselves out of a W.


Fixed it for you.

I realize the bad call did screw them but it should have never came to that if we didn’t play the second half like it was Cleveland and a rookie QB on the opposing sideline.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFL.com October article:Ben Roethlisberger's not a top-1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 693
Kodiak wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
The HC talks about the Patriots with games against the Packers, Bengals and Ravens yet to come.


Certainly a HC can walk and chew gum at the same time....thinking about the clear and main rival in the AFC in no way means there is a complex or "in your head", it just means your HC isn't an idiot.

That last game at Heinz field suggested nothing about the team having an inferiority complex or having NE in their heads - they outplayed NE, and got screwed out of a W.

So maybe let's just stop with all this BS. NE is a perennial top team and SB favorite. They're going to be talked about as they ARE relevant to PIT, this being a football discussion forum and all.


I said nothing about the Pats being in their heads being the cause of the loss. Just said that the pats are in their heads as evidenced by it constantly coming up, even a month or so before they are to play.

I'd love to stop with the BS, but it keeps coming up....because they're in everyone's heads (complex).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFL.com October article:Ben Roethlisberger's not a top-1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 3530
what worries about me everyone is talking about beating NE we need to worry first about our first round game


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFL.com October article:Ben Roethlisberger's not a top-1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:56 pm
Posts: 948
Miter Saw wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
The HC talks about the Patriots with games against the Packers, Bengals and Ravens yet to come.


Certainly a HC can walk and chew gum at the same time....thinking about the clear and main rival in the AFC in no way means there is a complex or "in your head", it just means your HC isn't an idiot.

That last game at Heinz field suggested nothing about the team having an inferiority complex or having NE in their heads - they outplayed NE, and got screwed out of a W.

So maybe let's just stop with all this BS. NE is a perennial top team and SB favorite. They're going to be talked about as they ARE relevant to PIT, this being a football discussion forum and all.


I said nothing about the Pats being in their heads being the cause of the loss. Just said that the pats are in their heads as evidenced by it constantly coming up, even a month or so before they are to play.

I'd love to stop with the BS, but it keeps coming up....because they're in everyone's heads (complex).


The Steelers don’t have a Patriots complex. Steelers fans have a Patriots complex.

The Steelers know they can beat the Pats and Tomlin answering Dungys questions honestly doesn’t imply complex, at all. It’s a fact. Steelers/Patriots are/will be the biggest AFC games of the year.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BethlehemSteel, Bing [Bot], bradshaw2ben, Donnie Brasco, Google [Bot], GreekSteel, JackSplat58, Jobus Rum, LakecrestSteeler, StillerDownSouth, swissvale72 and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group