It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NFL.com October article:Ben Roethlisberger's not a top-10 QB
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:48 pm 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... a-top10-qb

:lol:

3) FACT: Ben Roethlisberger is no longer a top-10 quarterback.
Ben's a Hall of Famer. But right now, he looks done and sounds defeated (SEE: "Maybe I don't have it anymore"). While we've seen drama from Ben before -- only to see him bounce back -- the only way to describe his performance thus far in 2017 is simply awful.

Yes, Mike Tomlin deserves blame for another gruesome defeat -- check out my Schein Nine from a couple weeks back to see the laundry list of Steeler choke games under Tomlin -- and I wish Todd Haley ran the ball earlier in the game. But Roethlisberger is completely out of sorts right now. Maybe all that retirement talk in the offseason was more than just talk.

I still hold out hope for Roethlisberger to play at a winning level. But he's not a top-10 QB right now -- and given what we've seen, it's not easy to envision him back in that tier. He's not getting any younger -- Ben's an old 35, given all the damage his body has taken through the years. And his play and commentary over the past five weeks have been alarming. Very alarming.

Post subject: Re: NFL.com October article:Ben Roethlisberger's not a top-1
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:02 pm 

He got off to a bit of a rocky start, though he was far from terrible (I'd agree he wasn't top-10 at that time, but he was in that next tier).

And despite his early misses, many receiver early misses, and some unlucky interceptions....he's pretty much bang-on on his career average numbers.

It COULD have been a big season given all the plays that were there but missed early in the year (both Ben and his receivers), especially if they banished Haley sooner.

All that said, these last 10 games since the JAX debacle have been as good as any 10-game stretch I've seen in Ben's entire career - first ballot HOFer Ben nearly every play, nearly every week in that span.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:07 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
He got off to a bit of a rocky start, though he was far from terrible (I'd agree he wasn't top-10 at that time, but he was in that next tier).

And despite his early misses, many receiver early misses, and some unlucky interceptions....he's pretty much bang-on on his career average numbers.

It COULD have been a big season given all the plays that were there but missed early in the year (both Ben and his receivers), especially if they banished Haley sooner.

All that said, these last 10 games since the JAX debacle have been as good as any 10-game stretch I've seen in Ben's entire career - first ballot HOFer Ben nearly every play, nearly every week in that span.

First two games Ben threw for 243 and 263 yards. His career avg was 253 at the time. Even early season, on average, he was as good as ever. Since then, a pleasure to watch. The final interception against NE? Despite all the analysis, nobody's pointed out he's completed dozens of tight throws exactly like that to Hines, Heath, and AB.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:19 pm 

Kodiak wrote:

Starting at the Titans game and up through now, I think he's probably playing the best football of his career.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:57 pm 

We'll see these same types of bullshit articles claiming Ben isn't good enough blah, blah, blah! We'll see what kind of crap they share after the Steelers win this next Super Bowl. Means Nothing! Fuck 'em all!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:16 pm 

Does the OP know this article is from Oct 9th the day after getting annihilated by Jax and Ben throwing 14 interceptions?

Adam Schein is as big of a weinie as they come, but still.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:36 pm 

Ben got hot just at the correct time

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:08 am 

Not going to lie, I was worried early in the season about Ben. He looked off.

That said, if I was a professional "sports journalist", never in a fucking million years would i write that drivel & title it FACT...even if I was low on content.

Stealing paychecks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:17 am 

R S wrote:
Does the OP know this article is from Oct 9th the day after getting annihilated by Jax and Ben throwing 14 interceptions?

Minor details

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:39 am 

R S wrote:

Title says October article.