It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 1974 AFCG - video
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:31 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
The Stallworth play was robbery to rival any of the current-day thievery.

His left arm was being held, he STILL made the catch...and they disallowed the catch (I forget why) and no flag.

OOB. Pure bullshit. Dero had to contain himself, same with Don. Video showed he was in.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:33 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
bam morris wrote:
I cant help myself now a days watching these oldies and throwing flags in my head with todays rules...dpi; tackling to hard :lol: . roughing; blows to head; personal fouls. . not to mention a replay needed... :lol:
huge change in game from 60s-70s?? kicking! kickers now are amazing! gerela would be laughed outta camp now!

Gerela sucked even then.....was my least favorite Steeler of all time....until this week!!!

Walden was also a liability. Noll won with that dysfunction. Couldn't even risk a 4th down punt vs Dallas in SB. We figured it was loyalty to a fault.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:40 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Jack Ham was the perfect football player. Always, always, always in position to make the play. I remember him as #33 at Penn State as well, big play after big play.

My highlight as a draftnick was in the late '60s, early '70s, when my brother and I, on draft eve, would predict the Steelers #1 draft choice. Here's my run:
*1969....predicted correctly Joe Greene
*1970....along with everyone else in the football world, predicted correctly Terry Bradshaw
*1971...my all-time highlight....on draft eve, predicted Steelers would draft Frank Lewis #1...AND...Jack Ham #2
*1972....predicted correctly Franco Harris

That was the absolute end of my correct draft predictions.

Maybe perfect is an understatement. In year end film recap produced by NFL films and approved by the team Jack's helmet 59 is the only image in the closing shot. Maybe 72, not sure. He got beat outside only once and that was Simpson. The refs fucked him and us in the SD playoff game in strike season. Called holding that gave weasel I never won a SB Fouts the game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:44 pm 

bam morris wrote:
I cant help myself now a days watching these oldies and throwing flags in my head with todays rules...dpi; tackling to hard :lol: . roughing; blows to head; personal fouls. . not to mention a replay needed... :lol:
huge change in game from 60s-70s?? kicking! kickers now are amazing! gerela would be laughed outta camp now!
I hated Gerela back then. He sucked, and every time he walked on the field I prepared myself for a fuck up.

I can't believe they couldn't find another kicker. And I can't believe I'm still saying this what, 40 + years later.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:01 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
bam morris wrote:

Gerela sucked even then.....was my least favorite Steeler of all time....until this week!!!

:lol: hey gerelas gorillas beg to differ! thank gerela for the cliff harris abuse in bowl-classic moment!!! lol... it is remarkable he played as long as he did..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:26 pm 

bam morris wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
bam morris wrote:

:lol: hey gerelas gorillas beg to differ! thank gerela for the cliff harris abuse in bowl-classic moment!!! lol... it is remarkable he played as long as he did..

Kinda funny that his missed kick gave the Steelers the emotional lift needed to win that game. Do have to give the dude credit for not being afraid to stick his nose in...was a DB at New Mexico, or New Mexico State.....whichever it was. Could not count on the guy to make a kick though...especially in the playoffs.

And ya, Old School...perfect for Ham is a bit extreme....but as close to perfect as anybody playing that position.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:34 pm 

Thanks for posting that

if anyone wants to watch a whole slew of games on what is called s t e e l e r s t v go hit up mcmnwifey