It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brady playing today, but not Ben?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:51 am 

This is why we won't get out of the divisional round against the Jags or whomever. We've seen this before, a rusty Ben going into and game, regular season or post season.....and then the results, which are usually not pretty.

I'm guessing we will try to run the ball down their throats?

Belichick knows Brady needs to play today because of the rust 3 weeks of not playing will bring. Even if they had the 1st seed locked up Brady is playing AT LEAST a half, you all know it.

Not coach Tomlin, he wants a rusty QB heading into the divisional round.

Today is a day where Ben could once again develop a rapport with all the WR not named AB.

Now why wouldn't this coach want our QB (who's our only chance at winning) be at his best, like he has the 2nd half of the season?

I don't want to hear the injury excuse either. This decision is driving me nuts, and is just another reason why I will never like this coach, sorry.

I would like to add....Ben should have been lobbying hardcore to play at least a half.

Post subject: Re: Brady playing today, but not Ben?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:05 pm 

This post is ridiculous. Do you think Brady and Belichick care about things like "rust?" Just go out and execute.

Brady is playing because, as you said, they don't have the #1 seed locked up and they want homefield advantage throughout.

Remember when Belichick played Welker in a meaningless game and he tore his ACL? What a fucking genius.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:09 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
This post is ridiculous. Do you think Brady and Belichick care about things like "rust?" Just go out and execute.

Brady is playing because, as you said, they don't have the #1 seed locked up and they want homefield advantage throughout.

Remember when Belichick played Welker in a meaningless game and he tore his ACL? What a fucking genius.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:18 pm 

Hackenberg may end up playing against the Pats instead of or in addition to Rice Patty.

Probably doesn't make any difference...but defending a kid first time out sometimes leads to unknowns to defend against.

I'm with Swiss. If you don't start Ben, dress him.

Be interesting to see if McCullers gets a hat...considering the criticism Tomlin got for keeping someone he never played.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:18 pm 

I don't get the rust argument. Bens going to have 13-14 days between games if he doesn't play today. If rust is a real thing, he's going to be rusty regardless. Playing half a game 3 weeks out isn't going to change that.

Also, do we even know if rust is really a thing? Feels like one of those "facts" the people say over and over without any evidence that it's true.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:20 pm 

TTP wrote:
I don't get the rust argument. Bens going to have 13-14 days between games if he doesn't play today. If rust is a real thing, he's going to be rusty regardless. Playing half a game 3 weeks out isn't going to change that.

Also, do we even know if rust is really a thing? Feels like one of those "facts" the people say over and over without any evidence that it's true.

The tin man in Wizard of Oz experienced some rust due to a bye also.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:21 pm 

Acclimation/Assimilation to game speed is what folks refer to as rust. Yes, I believe there is a 'rust' factor for any athlete regardless of natural talent.

Is Rusty still in the Navy?

Lets see what the posts are after Brady is carted off today with a broken fn leg....fingers crossed for that! :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:23 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Lets see what the posts are after Brady is carted off today with a broken fn leg....fingers crossed for that! :D

Hell No! I want those fuckheads at full strength with no excuses when the Steelers dominate them at their next meeting. :twisted: