It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10708
Still Lit wrote:
Vertical Steel wrote:
bam morris wrote:
I thought raven win was sbi?

Maybe, but I'm not sad to see Baltimore knocked out of the playoffs.


^^^^^^this^^^^^^^

after watching me either.. :lol: but hey..i like teams in tourney who can win in foxboro..oh well..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:01 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 894
Actually I think Jax gets Buffalo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10708
StillerDownSouth wrote:
Actually I think Jax gets Buffalo

yes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10708
tits to kc


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:25 pm
Posts: 223
For the Rats to die like that = awesome. Their fans got to be pissed lol

_________________
Juju knocking out Burfict and Bell punishing Kirkpatrick
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4119
Steelers/PSU Fan wrote:
For the Rats to die like that = awesome. Their fans got to be pissed lol


To lose the way they did to us (and the way they lost to us last year) and then today... brutal.

But fuck 'em. :lol:

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:03 pm
Posts: 385
Location: Born and raised "Yinzer" living in OKC!
I haven't had the chance to read and/or watch the game-day highlights yet.

Would I be right to say that Buffalo went ahead and did enough to win the game and make the playoffs at the same time possibly losing McCoy for the upcoming games/weeks. Sorta like the Eagles waiting until the game was one to lose their QB for the season.

If so, makes the whole Playoff "field" weaker....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 728
Vertical Steel wrote:
bam morris wrote:
I thought raven win was sbi?

Maybe, but I'm not sad to see Baltimore knocked out of the playoffs.

Unless the Rats winning DIRECTLY benefits the Steelers then I will always root for them to lose. In this case hoping they would go into NE and win was a huge "maybe" ...as in maybe they win next week and maybe they win in Foxboro. I have little confidence they could do the first, let alone both. The only team they beat all year that had a winning record was they Lions and they were 9-7 so this was not a team that was going to do any damage in the post season!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8153
bam morris wrote:
:lol: but hey..i like teams in tourney who can win in foxboro..oh well..

I really don't see why people are saying the Ravens could have won in Foxboro. I know Harbaugh's done it before, but he wasn't going to do it THIS year with THIS team. He had better teams when he did it before.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:56 pm
Posts: 1040
Vertical Steel wrote:
bam morris wrote:
I thought raven win was sbi?

Maybe, but I'm not sad to see Baltimore knocked out of the playoffs.


+1000


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:37 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12049
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see NE losing to anyone. In addition to their normal cheating, the refs are helping them bigly. Unless that changes, no one is beating them.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4425
3-15 and they give up a td to lose lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 pm
Posts: 421
Primary effect of Ravens last minute collapse is that the AFC wildcard round just became more predictable. A Ravens win and they’d have been the 5th seed, setting up an interesting matchup against KC; to my mind, a toss-up. In the other game you’d have seen Titans Jaguars; playing for a second consecutive week, advantage Jags as hometeam, but not a heavy favorite by any means. Instead, it’s Buffalo at Jacksonville, Tennessee at KC. Home teams I think are far more likely
to advance. Nothing is certain, of course, but I’d be very surprised if we aren’t looking at KC at NE and Jacks at Steelers in the divisional round.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4523
Poltargyst wrote:
As Harbaugh's playoff drought continues...


Hey at least he's won a SB this decade. Tomlin can't say the same


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:33 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12049
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Hey at least he's won a SB this decade. Tomlin can't say the same


If Tomlin had Flacco as his QB I'd bet he's out of a job some time ago.

Harbaugh has been to the playoffs once in the past 5 years (and beat PIT). Tomlin's longest drought is 2 years, though he went almost 5 years without a playoff win (gifted to us by CIN), so I wouldn't laugh at Harbaugh too much.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8153
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
As Harbaugh's playoff drought continues...


Hey at least he's won a SB this decade. Tomlin can't say the same

Oh no no no no. This is a what have you done for me lately league. Harbaugh's super bowl win was a long time ago. Lately he has sucked.

Hey, I'm only using the same criteria posters use to judge Tomlin.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7433
Poltargyst wrote:
bam morris wrote:
I thought raven win was sbi?

If you think this year's Ravens have a better chance of wining in NE than this year's Steelers. Which I don't.


No...it means Ravens might have had a better chance of winning in NE than other teams in the Divisional Round. Probably doesn't much matter in the end, as long as Jax and KC win next week. I think KC at New England is SBI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7433
Still Lit wrote:
bam morris wrote:
I thought raven win was sbi?


I just cannot root for those assholes, ever.


Figures you would root counter to SBI...based on your own hatred of a particular team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4621
Poltargyst wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
As Harbaugh's playoff drought continues...


Hey at least he's won a SB this decade. Tomlin can't say the same

Oh no no no no. This is a what have you done for me lately league. Harbaugh's super bowl win was a long time ago. Lately he has sucked.

Hey, I'm only using the same criteria posters use to judge Tomlin.


Tomlin has beaten Harbaugh three in a row now so that monkey is off his back. Just have to take care of the Belichick bugaboo and he's home free.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 728
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
bam morris wrote:
I thought raven win was sbi?


I just cannot root for those assholes, ever.


Figures you would root counter to SBI...based on your own hatred of a particular team.

I don't know Swiss..... This Rats team just let freakin Andy Dalton come from behind to beat them at home when their playoff lives were on the line.

Do you really think they could stop Brady when it mattered most? I sure don't and based on the Steelers SBI probably isn't sending Flaccp into Foxboro.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7433
Probably not....comment was really in response to a so-called Steeler fan saying that regardless of SBI, he would always root against the Ravens. Some here have felt the same way about the Cowboys. To me, gotta go with SBI. I still think SBI was for Ravens to win, if only slightly. I saw only two teams, Chefs and Ravens, capable of beating Patriots in Foxboro during Divisional Round. Now, that field is done to only the Chefs. It would have been Chefs vs. Ravens next week though, so prob wouldn't have mattered. Ill be pissed though, if Titans beat Chefs, and go into Foxboro.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10179
swissvale72 wrote:
Probably not....comment was really in response to a so-called Steeler fan saying that regardless of SBI, he would always root against the Ravens. Some here have felt the same way about the Cowboys. To me, gotta go with SBI. I still think SBI was for Ravens to win, if only slightly. I saw only two teams, Chefs and Ravens, capable of beating Patriots in Foxboro during Divisional Round. Now, that field is done to only the Chefs. It would have been Chefs vs. Ravens next week though, so prob wouldn't have mattered. Ill be pissed though, if Titans beat Chefs, and go into Foxboro.


So-called?

Really, Swiss.

I would invite you to consider things in terms of SFBI, namely, in terms of quality, pleasure, and not being a pussy fan.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7433
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Probably not....comment was really in response to a so-called Steeler fan saying that regardless of SBI, he would always root against the Ravens. Some here have felt the same way about the Cowboys. To me, gotta go with SBI. I still think SBI was for Ravens to win, if only slightly. I saw only two teams, Chefs and Ravens, capable of beating Patriots in Foxboro during Divisional Round. Now, that field is done to only the Chefs. It would have been Chefs vs. Ravens next week though, so prob wouldn't have mattered. Ill be pissed though, if Titans beat Chefs, and go into Foxboro.


So-called?

Really, Swiss.

I would invite you to consider things in terms of SFBI, namely, in terms of quality, pleasure, and not being a pussy fan.


Your putting the priority on SFBI (which is Steelers Fan Best Interest), rather than SBI is all anyone needs to know, thus your being a so-called fan rings true. Your priority is your own entertainment, not the team's best interest going forward.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:54 pm
Posts: 4231
SBI is for a fresh KC team to go into Cheatsville and smack them around. Having KC engage in a bloodbath with Baltimore was not SBI since either team would have been badly beaten up. I just don't see the Titans doing much against KC.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7433
franco32 wrote:
SBI is for a fresh KC team to go into Cheatsville and smack them around. Having KC engage in a bloodbath with Baltimore was not SBI since either team would have been badly beaten up. I just don't see the Titans doing much against KC.


Probably true, Franco....my objection is to the SBI-be-damned; I'm not rooting for the Ravens position.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarryFoster, fractalsteel, Google [Bot], Havoc, Hinestuff, Ice, Jobus Rum, Kodiak, RooneyTunes, Steel Reign, Steeledge, StillerDownSouth, the-other-burg and 44 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group