steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9899
Page 13 of 15

Author:  swissvale72 [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens

Probably not....comment was really in response to a so-called Steeler fan saying that regardless of SBI, he would always root against the Ravens. Some here have felt the same way about the Cowboys. To me, gotta go with SBI. I still think SBI was for Ravens to win, if only slightly. I saw only two teams, Chefs and Ravens, capable of beating Patriots in Foxboro during Divisional Round. Now, that field is done to only the Chefs. It would have been Chefs vs. Ravens next week though, so prob wouldn't have mattered. Ill be pissed though, if Titans beat Chefs, and go into Foxboro.

Author:  Still Lit [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens

swissvale72 wrote:
Probably not....comment was really in response to a so-called Steeler fan saying that regardless of SBI, he would always root against the Ravens. Some here have felt the same way about the Cowboys. To me, gotta go with SBI. I still think SBI was for Ravens to win, if only slightly. I saw only two teams, Chefs and Ravens, capable of beating Patriots in Foxboro during Divisional Round. Now, that field is done to only the Chefs. It would have been Chefs vs. Ravens next week though, so prob wouldn't have mattered. Ill be pissed though, if Titans beat Chefs, and go into Foxboro.


So-called?

Really, Swiss.

I would invite you to consider things in terms of SFBI, namely, in terms of quality, pleasure, and not being a pussy fan.

Author:  swissvale72 [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens

Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Probably not....comment was really in response to a so-called Steeler fan saying that regardless of SBI, he would always root against the Ravens. Some here have felt the same way about the Cowboys. To me, gotta go with SBI. I still think SBI was for Ravens to win, if only slightly. I saw only two teams, Chefs and Ravens, capable of beating Patriots in Foxboro during Divisional Round. Now, that field is done to only the Chefs. It would have been Chefs vs. Ravens next week though, so prob wouldn't have mattered. Ill be pissed though, if Titans beat Chefs, and go into Foxboro.


So-called?

Really, Swiss.

I would invite you to consider things in terms of SFBI, namely, in terms of quality, pleasure, and not being a pussy fan.


Your putting the priority on SFBI (which is Steelers Fan Best Interest), rather than SBI is all anyone needs to know, thus your being a so-called fan rings true. Your priority is your own entertainment, not the team's best interest going forward.

Author:  franco32 [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens

SBI is for a fresh KC team to go into Cheatsville and smack them around. Having KC engage in a bloodbath with Baltimore was not SBI since either team would have been badly beaten up. I just don't see the Titans doing much against KC.

Author:  swissvale72 [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens

franco32 wrote:
SBI is for a fresh KC team to go into Cheatsville and smack them around. Having KC engage in a bloodbath with Baltimore was not SBI since either team would have been badly beaten up. I just don't see the Titans doing much against KC.


Probably true, Franco....my objection is to the SBI-be-damned; I'm not rooting for the Ravens position.

Author:  Still Lit [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens

swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Probably not....comment was really in response to a so-called Steeler fan saying that regardless of SBI, he would always root against the Ravens. Some here have felt the same way about the Cowboys. To me, gotta go with SBI. I still think SBI was for Ravens to win, if only slightly. I saw only two teams, Chefs and Ravens, capable of beating Patriots in Foxboro during Divisional Round. Now, that field is done to only the Chefs. It would have been Chefs vs. Ravens next week though, so prob wouldn't have mattered. Ill be pissed though, if Titans beat Chefs, and go into Foxboro.


So-called?

Really, Swiss.

I would invite you to consider things in terms of SFBI, namely, in terms of quality, pleasure, and not being a pussy fan.


Your putting the priority on SFBI (which is Steelers Fan Best Interest), rather than SBI is all anyone needs to know, thus your being a so-called fan rings true. Your priority is your own entertainment, not the team's best interest going forward.


If you were not entertained, you would not watch.

Pussy fan AND a hypocrite. My o' my!

Author:  swissvale72 [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens

Again....applying your standards. I guess now it's up to me to prove you wrong, Professor?

I've always said....don't really enjoy these games, suffer through and hope we're happy in the end. I know that's beyond the scope of your understanding.

Again...you're the guy that's on record as....
*NOT going all in on SBI
*Decrying Steelers play-calling, not because it wasn't effective, but because it was "boring as fuck."

Author:  Tundralag [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens

SBI. Is beating the next team in front of us. Instead of worrying about some elusive monster. We should be worried about not getting another 40 burger put up on us from J Ville.

Author:  Will-the-Shake [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens

I like the Ravens loss both on a personal amusement level, and with SBI in mind. For me SBI always comes first. As I stated early on in this thread, my feeling is that the wild card AFC weekend just became a lot clearer. Avoided is a back-to-back divisional south battle and a Chiefs Ravens affair that would probably leave the winner slightly less likely to beat NE. Both of those games would have had Vegas lines way smaller than what you’ll see this weekend. And as a potential (now completely hypothetical) opponent, I’d rather play the Chiefs in the AFCCG than the Ravens. SBI in my opinion because the Ravens know us so damn well and almost a given it would be a field goal game. Now it’s all fucking moot anyway.

Unrealistic SBI at this point are upsets by the Titans and Bills, with the Bills going to NE, kicking some patriot ass and visiting us at Heinz for a trip to the Super Bowl. More realistically: come up with a sound game plan for Jacksonville, stay healthy through that game, then go up to NE and beat those motherfuckers by knowing you can do it, and calling plays that show you’re not afraid. In closing, SBI now that I’m most worried about is not any particular opponent, but one particular leg.

Author:  swissvale72 [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens

Will-the-Shake wrote:
I like the Ravens loss both on a personal amusement level, and with SBI in mind. For me SBI always comes first. As I stated early on in this thread, my feeling is that the wild card AFC weekend just became a lot clearer. Avoided is a back-to-back divisional south battle and a Chiefs Ravens affair that would probably leave the winner slightly less likely to beat NE. Both of those games would have had Vegas lines way smaller than what you’ll see this weekend. And as a potential (now completely hypothetical) opponent, I’d rather play the Chiefs in the AFCCG than the Ravens. SBI in my opinion because the Ravens know us so damn well and almost a given it would be a field goal game. Now it’s all fucking moot anyway.

Unrealistic SBI at this point are upsets by the Titans and Bills, with the Bills going to NE, kicking some patriot ass and visiting us at Heinz for a trip to the Super Bowl. More realistically: come up with a sound game plan for Jacksonville, stay healthy through that game, then go up to NE and beat those motherfuckers by knowing you can do it, and calling plays that show you’re not afraid. In closing, SBI now that I’m most worried about is not any particular opponent, but one particular leg.


Well said, Will....and I'm going to predict a two-score Steelers win in Foxboro. I've got to believe that Tomlin will have learned his lesson, will keep his foot on the gas, and wouldn't be totally surprised to see Steelers ahead by three scores sometime during that afternoon....I'm going with a 31-17, 31-20, 28-17 win...something on that order.

Still not ruling out Chefs beating Pats in Foxboro....SBI article will soon follow.

Page 13 of 15 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/