It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Poor Pass D.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:45 pm 

Well Bud "The Truth" Dupree explains why the pass D was so poor against the Browns in the second half.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12/bud-dupree-defenders-freelanced-break-sack-record-blames-big-plays-allowed/

Still find it odd that even w/ the freelancing he still had no stats in this game. Not one. Maybe he was too busy uncovering the next big story in the Steelers locker room. :? :?

Post subject: Re: Poor Pass D.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:50 pm 

Seemed like we either got a sack, or gave up a 25 yard play. That was our defense today.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:38 pm 

Bud loves to to talk it up bud would love to see his play on the field match half of what his mouth says.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:40 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
Bud loves to to talk it up bud would love to see his play on the field match half of what his mouth says.

Until this week I have never heard him speak, so I don’t think this is quite true.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:41 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:

Until this week I have never heard him speak, so I don’t think this is quite true.

I'm seeing a "Dupree talks too much" meme starting based on his saying Harrison never visited Shaz.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:43 pm 

maybe his mouth was on the mend but enough talk for a guy who is invisible.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:01 pm 

Or maybe he is only a 24 yr old 3rd year player who just sat back and kept quiet while the ole grisly veteran Steeler legend was on the team and in his position room/meetings. And when Harrison was released his coaches told him its time for him to step up and take a leader role now that he is one of the more experienced OLBs in the room.

But lets not take into consideration, the inter workings of a pro team locker room influence in the ridicule of a cog and a 13-3 team that broke 55 sack season record.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:05 pm 

Sorry but i have not seen Bud stepping up into the leadership role . I not sure he be around here past his first contract.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:27 am 

Bud Dupree is close to being an embarrassment right now. He really has no place to talk right now.

Yesterday he had 0 tackles, 0 sacks, and no impact plays that I can remember at all. He's a disappearing act all too often. Even in games where he will get the occasional hustle or coverage sack, he'll disappear for the rest of the game.

I believe he has 9 tackles in his last 4 games. We can point to the poor safety play and there is a lot of truth to that. But, the #15 pick in his draft class is playing like crap.

He is facing the RT of the opposing team almost every snap and can do nothing with it. Watt is facing the LT of the other team and busting his ass and often drawing double teams and chips from TE and RB (like yesterday).

I'm in the camp that Deebo was washed up. But Bud is playing so poorly right now, that you have to wonder if Chickillo wouldn't be a better option...at least against pass heavy teams.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:37 am 

Doesn’t excuse the shit play from Mitchell and the secondary. They are getting beat on the same big plays week after week. We are not going to make a SB run with that kind of play.

Last edited by Steelergenie on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.