It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wild Card Weekend Schedule
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:37 pm 

The large print edition. :lol: :lol:

Haven’t seen anything announced about the divisional yet.

Post subject: Re: Wild Card Weekend Schedule
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:12 pm 

The bottom of the AFC bracket is really weak. It's hard to believe that Tennessee and Buffalo are playoff teams.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:15 pm 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
The bottom of the AFC bracket is really weak. It's hard to believe that Tennessee and Buffalo are playoff teams.

And any one of the NFC teams could make the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:17 pm 

all i am concerned about is the steelers win their part and get to Minny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:24 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:

And any one of the NFC teams could make the Super Bowl.

Eagles would've been a tough out with wentz. Now? Not so much. I'd argue the eagles even as the 1 seed are the least likely to advance to the super bowl. NFC is wide open

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:37 pm 

does PIT get the winner of the 3/6 (JAX/BUF) game or the 4/5 (KC/TEN)? Im really more concerned about who goes to NE? Does the 3/6 winner feed into NE side of bracket or the 4/5?

In a way I would love to see KC go to NE but what are the odds of a team beating Bellicheat 2 times in the same season?

JAX has a defense that could give Tom Terrific problems, but everyone must realize that to beat Tom Terrific and Bellicheat, one will have to beat the Pats and the refs. Its just a fact of life. I was sort of hoping BAL would get in and have a path to NE cause they have a defense that can bother Tom Terrific and their running game with Alex Collins could hurt NE. Maybe JAX with their great D along with Leonard Fournette could help us out and upset NE/refs but can BBortles not fold under playoff pressure?

Buffalo will not do it. They just got their arses handed to them by the Pats/refs (instant replay took away a TD from BUF in their game that could have changed the game possibly). Poor Jets were trying to play tough and refs called PI on a deep ball that Tom Terrific threw incomplete today. Gave the ball to NE at the Jet 14 and couple of plays later NE got a TD that deflated the Jets. It is just a given that Bellicheat/Tom B will get the benefit of calls/non calls. Teams who play them just have to accept it and make sure the refs cant take it from them.

As PIT knows oh so well, it is really really really hard to beat NE and the guys in stripes.

Anyway, I was just wondering which winner will get to go to NE?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:43 pm 

Jax (#3 seed) won't play NE if they win. NE is the #1 seed, so will ALWAYS play the lowest seed left standing in the AFC.

Last edited by Steelersfan on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
does PIT get the winner of the 3/6 (JAX/BUF) game or the 4/5 (KC/TEN)? Im really more concerned about who goes to NE? Does the 3/6 winner feed into NE side of bracket or the 4/5?

Assuming that the Jacksonville and KC both win, then the Steelers get the Jags and the Pats get the Chiefs.

We get the higher seed of the remaining afc wild card winners

MemphisSteelerFan wrote:

In a way I would love to see KC go to NE but what are the odds of a team beating Bellicheat 2 times in the same season?

JAX has a defense that could give Tom Terrific problems, but everyone must realize that to beat Tom Terrific and Bellicheat, one will have to beat the Pats and the refs. Its just a fact of life. I was sort of hoping BAL would get in and have a path to NE cause they have a defense that can bother Tom Terrific and their running game with Alex Collins could hurt NE. Maybe JAX with their great D along with Leonard Fournette could help us out and upset NE/refs but can BBortles not fold under playoff pressure?

Buffalo will not do it. They just got their arses handed to them by the Pats/refs (instant replay took away a TD from BUF in their game that could have changed the game possibly). Poor Jets were trying to play tough and refs called PI on a deep ball that Tom Terrific threw incomplete today. Gave the ball to NE at the Jet 14 and couple of plays later NE got a TD that deflated the Jets. It is just a given that Bellicheat/Tom B will get the benefit of calls/non calls. Teams who play them just have to accept it and make sure the refs cant take it from them.

As PIT knows oh so well, it is really really really hard to beat NE and the guys in stripes.

They re-seed every round. So if Buffalo beats Jax, we get the Tennessee/KC winner, and if Jax wins, we get Jax.

Jacksonville cannot play New England in the divisional round.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:58 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:

They re-seed every round. So if Buffalo beats Jax, we get the Tennessee/KC winner, and if Jax wins, we get Jax.

That sums it up.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:01 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:

good point. I had forgotten about the re-seed. Since JAX is #3, that does stand to reason that they could not go to NE.

Not exactly sure right now what results in the Wild Card round would be best for PIT. Got to think about that for a min. Since JAX cant go to NE anyway, then would it be better for JAX to win and come to PIT (just cannot see JAX beating PIT twice in the same season both at Heinz Field but you cant assume anything, I know) and then hope the KC/TEN winner goes up there and basically shocks the world?? I cant see TEN beating NE anywhere and I cant see KC beating NE for a 2nd time in the same season, but the first win was a long long time ago at the first of the year. On the other hand, we want the best matchup for PIT after the WC round and JAX defense is for real so maybe we dont want to see them again. Who knows?

What it comes down to basically is PIT needs to just take care of its business and when/if it comes time to go to Foxborough and play the Pats/refs, then so be it. For all practical purposes, we had the first game won and were without our best offensive player (AB). The equivalent personnel loss for NE would have been Gronk and I sincerely doubt NE beats PIT without Gronk. PIT can do this. They just have to believe they can do this cause NOBODY else will think so.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:13 pm 

MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:

good point. I had forgotten about the re-seed. Since JAX is #3, that does stand to reason that they could not go to NE.

Not exactly sure right now what results in the Wild Card round would be best for PIT. Got to think about that for a min. Since JAX cant go to NE anyway, then would it be better for JAX to win and come to PIT (just cannot see JAX beating PIT twice in the same season both at Heinz Field but you cant assume anything, I know) and then hope the KC/TEN winner goes up there and basically shocks the world?? I cant see TEN beating NE anywhere and I cant see KC beating NE for a 2nd time in the same season, but the first win was a long long time ago at the first of the year. On the other hand, we want the best matchup for PIT after the WC round and JAX defense is for real so maybe we dont want to see them again. Who knows?

What it comes down to basically is PIT needs to just take care of its business and when/if it comes time to go to Foxborough and play the Pats/refs, then so be it. For all practical purposes, we had the first game won and were without our best offensive player (AB). The equivalent personnel loss for NE would have been Gronk and I sincerely doubt NE beats PIT without Gronk. PIT can do this. They just have to believe they can do this cause NOBODY else will think so.

Refs fucked the Jets bad today and rescued New England when Brady wasn’t doing shit.

That makes me wonder how much more in the tank the refs are going to be for them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:13 pm 

Quote:
Blitzburgh Steelers
Blitzburgh Steelers
@steelers
·
7m
We will play our Divisional Round Playoff game on Sunday, January 14 at 1 PM at Heinz Field.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:17 pm 

SteeLori wrote:
Quote:
Blitzburgh Steelers
Blitzburgh Steelers
@steelers
·
7m
We will play our Divisional Round Playoff game on Sunday, January 14 at 1 PM at Heinz Field.

Works better for me, personally.

I’m getting off a plane from the UK on Saturday. I’d be dead tired if the game was Saturday.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:30 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Refs fucked the Jets bad today and rescued New England when Brady wasn’t doing shit.

That makes me wonder how much more in the tank the refs are going to be for them.

you are so right. They are just charmed and I cant figure out why. The league went after Tom Terrific with Deflategate. I guess its the 14M TVs in the New England area coupled with Tom going for a 6th ring and his super model wife --I have no idea but you can just bet that the refs, at the exact right time, will make a call or choose NOT to make a call and just like that.....everything will just work out for NE. Its really sickening. Or it could be suspending Gronk for only 1 game for diving head first onto a defenseless player laying on the turf and giving JuJu the same penalty for making a football play on the field but standing over Punk Burfict for just a little too long. No way was the league going to suspend Gronk for 2 games and have him miss the PIT game. (hey, I dont want to beat NE because of a suspension so Im glad he played but its the double standard NE gets when any other player would have gotten multiple games for doing what Gronk did). If JuJu had dove onto Burfict after the play was over head first, you can bet your butt that he would have gotten a multiple game suspension.

Personally I think we can win our game at the big ketchup bottle and then I think PIT can win up in NE. I honestly do. EVERYTHING that had to go NE's way went NE's way in our last game and.....well.....we all know what happened. I think it can be done. But take one game at a time. Win our game on Jan 14th at 7pm and then let the chips fall where they may. PIT will show up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:22 pm 

deleted

Last edited by blu on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:31 pm 

blu wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:

Assuming that the Jacksonville and KC both win, then the Steelers get the Jags and the Pats get the Chiefs.

The KC/Tenn game should be a toss-up considering it may be the coldest game ever or close to it. The temperature is dropping much colder for next weekend.

Weather in KC next Saturday is supposed to be about as good as you could expect in early January.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:32 pm 

blu wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:

The KC/Tenn game should be a toss-up considering it may be the coldest game ever or close to it. The temperature is dropping much colder for next weekend.

Where you getting that forecast, Blu? One I'm looking at has high of 39 in KC next Saturday, mostly sunny.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USMO0460:1:US

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:35 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
SteeLori wrote:
Quote:
Blitzburgh Steelers
Blitzburgh Steelers
@steelers
·
7m

Works better for me, personally.

I’m getting off a plane from the UK on Saturday. I’d be dead tired if the game was Saturday.

Watch out for those rapists and acid throwers LOL