It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4687
Steelersfan wrote:
Can we PLEASE kill two birds with one stone? I say we start the Haley to the Bengals rumor right here and now.

Haley out the door after the season and the Bengals maintain fighting the Browns and the Ravens for the bottom half of the division for the next forever.

To me; it would be a Steeler match made in heaven.

I think Butler is much more of a problem over Haley, 10X.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm
Posts: 869
Would hate to lose Munchak. He’s the only coach worth a damn


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4126
SteelDrama wrote:
Would hate to lose Munchak. He’s the only coach worth a damn


:?

Mike Tomlin, Keith Butler, Richard Mann, John Mitchell, Randy Fitchner...

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm
Posts: 869
TB wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:
Would hate to lose Munchak. He’s the only coach worth a damn


:?

Mike Tomlin, Keith Butler, Richard Mann, John Mitchell, Randy Fitchner...

Keith Butler?
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 899
SteelDrama wrote:
TB wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:
Would hate to lose Munchak. He’s the only coach worth a damn


:?

Mike Tomlin, Keith Butler, Richard Mann, John Mitchell, Randy Fitchner...

Keith Butler?
:lol:



Butler has done a decent job imo, his defense was outstanding with Shazier and Haden both playing, led the league in sacks and set a franchise record. Losing Shazier has hurt the defense big time, but we are still winning games. Look at the Cowboys record without Sean Lee to see how much losing a big time ILB can hurt a team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1964
I am sorry but those that think Haley will ever get a head coaching job are just delusional, no offense but did you not hear about everything that he did, said, while in KC?

He accused KC of bugging his office. Of undermining him, he made such an ass of himself, he became so hated that even his family was targeted. His wife had a rat put in her salad at McDonalds if I remember that right?

His relationship with Kansas City was so bizarre, so twisted that KC actually tried to get out from paying him the final year on his contract when they fired him. Head Coaching contracts are guaranteed, you still have to pay a coach if they have one year, two years left, etc.

Now, what in any of that makes anybody think that another NFL team would consider Todd Haley as a head coach?

He is just an offensive coordinator and that is all he will ever be, he had his chance and he blew it. He conducted himself in such a poor fashion as a head coach for KC that it has tainted him, stained him, he will probably will never be a head coach ever again.

It pains me that we have this dumbass as our OC, I so wish they would promote Fitchner and send Haley packing.

On another note, I want no part of Dom Capers in a consulting role or otherwise. We need consultants all right but more to the point we need some fresh faces, some new blood that has experience with 4-3 defenses, with man to man coverages. Capers doesn't help with that, all he does is bring more of the same tired Dick LeBeau concepts. I want Tomlin to bring in 4-3 guys to help evolve this defense. He did bring in Dwight Smith or was it Dexter Jackson?, a DB of his back in his Tampa Bay days to help with the secondary one offseason. We need more of that. Bring in a Shelton Quarles or a Simeon Rice to help the LBers and DL. Or better yet, you have two coaches for the LBers in Porter and Olsavsky, why not have two coaches for the DL? Give John Mitchell an assistant who is more experienced with 4-3 defenses? With developing pass rushing techniques? Why do our guys have to go to places in the off season like Chuck Smith's camp/clinic to learn this stuff?

_________________
#greendot51


Last edited by Scunge on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4929
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
SteelDrama wrote:
Would hate to lose Munchak. He’s the only coach worth a damn


Well, can he throw a challenge flag?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 am
Posts: 2381
Scunge wrote:
I am sorry but those that think Haley will ever get a head coaching job are just delusional, no offense but did you not hear about everything that he did, said, while in KC?

He accused KC of bugging his office. Of undermining him, he made such an ass of himself, he became so hated that even his family was targeted. His wife had a rat put in her salad at McDonalds if I remember that right?

His relationship with Kansas City was so bizarre, so twisted that KC actually tried to get out from paying him the final year on his contract when they fired him. Head Coaching contracts are guaranteed, you still have to pay a coach if they have one year, two years left, etc.

Now, what in any of that makes anybody think that another NFL team would consider Todd Haley as a head coach?

He is just an offensive coordinator and that is all he will ever be, he had his chance and he blew it. He conducted himself in such a poor fashion as a head coach for KC that it has tainted him, stained him, he will probably will never be a head coach ever again.

It pains me that we have this dumbass as our OC, I so wish they would promote Fitchner and send Haley packing.


Scunge, the rat thing was while he was in Dallas w/ Parcells I believe. I agree about what happened w/ the KC job and no one will put him in charge of another team ever again unless its somewhere like maybe Cleveland. Factor in him yelling and cussing @ the franchise QB who has gone on the record that "he does this all the time but you guys don't see it." so I don't see him getting much else after this gig.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4687
Scunge wrote:
I am sorry but those that think Haley will ever get a head coaching job are just delusional, no offense but did you not hear about everything that he did, said, while in KC?

He accused KC of bugging his office. Of undermining him, he made such an ass of himself, he became so hated that even his family was targeted. His wife had a rat put in her salad at McDonalds if I remember that right?

His relationship with Kansas City was so bizarre, so twisted that KC actually tried to get out from paying him the final year on his contract when they fired him. Head Coaching contracts are guaranteed, you still have to pay a coach if they have one year, two years left, etc.

Now, what in any of that makes anybody think that another NFL team would consider Todd Haley as a head coach?

He is just an offensive coordinator and that is all he will ever be, he had his chance and he blew it. He conducted himself in such a poor fashion as a head coach for KC that it has tainted him, stained him, he will probably will never be a head coach ever again.

It pains me that we have this dumbass as our OC, I so wish they would promote Fitchner and send Haley packing.

On another note, I want no part of Dom Capers in a consulting role or otherwise. We need consultants all right but more to the point we need some fresh faces, some new blood that has experience with 4-3 defenses, with man to man coverages. Capers doesn't help with that, all he does is bring more of the same tired Dick LeBeau concepts. I want Tomlin to bring in 4-3 guys to help evolve this defense. He did bring in Dwight Smith or was it Dexter Jackson?, a DB of his back in his Tampa Bay days to help with the secondary one offseason. We need more of that. Bring in a Shelton Quarles or a Simeon Rice to help the LBers and DL. Or better yet, you have two coaches for the LBers in Porter and Olsavsky, why not have two coaches for the DL? Give John Mitchell an assistant who is more experienced with 4-3 defenses? With developing pass rushing techniques? Why do our guys have to go to places in the off season like Chuck Smith's camp/clinic to learn this stuff?


I thought the same regarding Capers. Same reason I can’t stand Butler anymore. Wish you would be the consultant!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1964
Oh, I wish I could be a consultant, Suwanee88.

I just think it is so ironic that people keep wanting/waiting for Bud Dupree to emerge as that double digit sack man, or want more sacks from Watt, but we just set the single season team sack record with 56!

You look at the breakdown of those sacks:

Defensive Line 23 sacks
Outside Linebackers 17 sacks
Inside Linebackers 10 sacks
Cornerbacks 5 sacks
Safeties 1 sack

Only 30% of your sacks came from your OLBs!!! And just 23% of those sacks came from your starting OLBs.

Interior pressure is everything, it is the fastest way to the QB. This season you had Cam Hayward as one of the best interior pass rushers in the NFL, his 11 sacks were right there at the top. Then you look at what Vince Williams was able to do, his 8 sacks were better than either Watt or Dupree! Then the mighty mite Mike Hilton was often used as that 4th rusher, blitzing from anywhere and everywhere, and he was up near the league leaders in terms of blitzing/pass rushing among defensive backs. Those 3 players accounted for 24 sacks, a DE/DT, an ILB and a 3rd CB/Nickelback.

Now, people can argue with me all they want, but what Butler did this year, is it really that far off from a 4-3 defense? The way he utilized TJ Watt in particular, and also Bud Dupree, weren't they playing as if they were in a 4-3 defense? They were dropping into coverage more then ever before, Watt was dropping almost 40% of the time. That is not your typical 3-4 OLB production. In fact the way Watt and Dupree were used this year is more like a 4-3 OLB.

And yet, 56 sacks? Hargrave and Tuitt have so much potential as sack artists. They only contributed 5 sacks this season. I have to believe that a true 4-3 defense where you feature and exploit the talent along the defensive line would enable this team to be even more productive. All you really need is 6 good/great defensive linemen for a rotation. Many would have you believe that it takes 7,8,9 really good players to make up the defensive line in a 4-3. Baloney.

You look at Minnesota, they play a 4-3 and they rotate 3 DEs and 3 DTs. That is it, yeah, they have more defensive linemen than just 6 but those 6 are getting the vast majority of the snaps.

I remember the Seattle Seahawks when Kieth Butler played ILB for them. That team was a 3-4 defense but they did not use their OLBs as pass rushers. No, they relied on Jeff Bryant, Joe Nash and Jacob Green, the defensive line to generate the pass rush, and those 3 defensive linemen, collectively combined for almost 200 sacks. It has to be funny for Butler, almost like Back to the Future for him, as the defense he is currently coaching is eerily similar to what he played under in Seattle all those years ago.

Yes! That is what I want too. I want Javon Hargrave to be like NT Joe Nash and have 7, 8 and 9 sacks for a season. Cam Heyward is already producing like Jacob Green and Jeff Bryant did. Tuitt can and will join Cam if given a chance.

The strength of this team is the defensive line. The strength of Colbert recently is the ability to draft and find defensive linemen. Ziggy Hood and Cam Thomas aside, you look at the track record of Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave, the development of Walton and bringing in Alualu. What is more realistic, Colbert being able to add another Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave to the defensive line, or finding the next Von Miller?

This team is 90% of the way there to switching to a 4-3 defense, all it would take is one off season of acquiring more players in the draft and free agency. But they also need to shake up the coaching, they need to bring in say two more assistant coaches, one for the secondary to help Carnell Lake and one for the defensive line to help John Mitchell, that are more versed in the 4-3.

_________________
#greendot51


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16847
They dropped the OLBs into coverage a lot, because these two starters are really good at it and it works.

When they did rush Dupree, they often used him as the rabbit/flash to get the QB to move into the interior rushers. It also worked really well.

Those of you getting your knickers in a twist should quit simultaneously bitching that this defense gives up too much to the TE, that they get carved up in the middle, they give up too much cushion/underneath, that they can't get off the field on 3rd down, and can't get pass rush-- this season they were excellent in all these areas.

#1 vs TE
#5 vs throws <15 yards downfield
#5 vs middle field throws
#1 on passes to the offense's right side
7th best vs opponents on 3rd/4th down

notable improvement from 2016

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4687
Scunge wrote:
Oh, I wish I could be a consultant, Suwanee88.

I just think it is so ironic that people keep wanting/waiting for Bud Dupree to emerge as that double digit sack man, or want more sacks from Watt, but we just set the single season team sack record with 56!

You look at the breakdown of those sacks:

Defensive Line 23 sacks
Outside Linebackers 17 sacks
Inside Linebackers 10 sacks
Cornerbacks 5 sacks
Safeties 1 sack

Only 30% of your sacks came from your OLBs!!! And just 23% of those sacks came from your starting OLBs.

Interior pressure is everything, it is the fastest way to the QB. This season you had Cam Hayward as one of the best interior pass rushers in the NFL, his 11 sacks were right there at the top. Then you look at what Vince Williams was able to do, his 8 sacks were better than either Watt or Dupree! Then the mighty mite Mike Hilton was often used as that 4th rusher, blitzing from anywhere and everywhere, and he was up near the league leaders in terms of blitzing/pass rushing among defensive backs. Those 3 players accounted for 24 sacks, a DE/DT, an ILB and a 3rd CB/Nickelback.

Now, people can argue with me all they want, but what Butler did this year, is it really that far off from a 4-3 defense? The way he utilized TJ Watt in particular, and also Bud Dupree, weren't they playing as if they were in a 4-3 defense? They were dropping into coverage more then ever before, Watt was dropping almost 40% of the time. That is not your typical 3-4 OLB production. In fact the way Watt and Dupree were used this year is more like a 4-3 OLB.

And yet, 56 sacks? Hargrave and Tuitt have so much potential as sack artists. They only contributed 5 sacks this season. I have to believe that a true 4-3 defense where you feature and exploit the talent along the defensive line would enable this team to be even more productive. All you really need is 6 good/great defensive linemen for a rotation. Many would have you believe that it takes 7,8,9 really good players to make up the defensive line in a 4-3. Baloney.

You look at Minnesota, they play a 4-3 and they rotate 3 DEs and 3 DTs. That is it, yeah, they have more defensive linemen than just 6 but those 6 are getting the vast majority of the snaps.

I remember the Seattle Seahawks when Kieth Butler played ILB for them. That team was a 3-4 defense but they did not use their OLBs as pass rushers. No, they relied on Jeff Bryant, Joe Nash and Jacob Green, the defensive line to generate the pass rush, and those 3 defensive linemen, collectively combined for almost 200 sacks. It has to be funny for Butler, almost like Back to the Future for him, as the defense he is currently coaching is eerily similar to what he played under in Seattle all those years ago.

Yes! That is what I want too. I want Javon Hargrave to be like NT Joe Nash and have 7, 8 and 9 sacks for a season. Cam Heyward is already producing like Jacob Green and Jeff Bryant did. Tuitt can and will join Cam if given a chance.

The strength of this team is the defensive line. The strength of Colbert recently is the ability to draft and find defensive linemen. Ziggy Hood and Cam Thomas aside, you look at the track record of Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave, the development of Walton and bringing in Alualu. What is more realistic, Colbert being able to add another Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave to the defensive line, or finding the next Von Miller?

This team is 90% of the way there to switching to a 4-3 defense, all it would take is one off season of acquiring more players in the draft and free agency. But they also need to shake up the coaching, they need to bring in say two more assistant coaches, one for the secondary to help Carnell Lake and one for the defensive line to help John Mitchell, that are more versed in the 4-3.

Post of the year right here Brother!

Interior pressure from 4 combined with man coverage has also caused the most trouble for our friends in Boston.

You should print this and mail it to Tomlin with a copy to Colbert and Art2.

Thanks for the info!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4687
bradshaw2ben wrote:
They dropped the OLBs into coverage a lot, because these two starters are really good at it and it works.

When they did rush Dupree, they often used him as the rabbit/flash to get the QB to move into the interior rushers. It also worked really well.

Those of you getting your knickers in a twist should quit simultaneously bitching that this defense gives up too much to the TE, that they get carved up in the middle, they give up too much cushion/underneath, that they can't get off the field on 3rd down, and can't get pass rush-- this season they were excellent in all these areas.

#1 vs TE
#5 vs throws <15 yards downfield
#5 vs middle field throws
#1 on passes to the offense's right side
7th best vs opponents on 3rd/4th down

notable improvement from 2016

I like where Scunge is going with the D from an overall perspective. I think this unit has improved from last year, but I believe we also faced better QB play in 2016 too - just my guess. Let’s see how they look in the Offs - Defense will make us or break us now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1964
Well, for me, this playoff run is all about the legacy of Ben, Brown and Bell. The Killer B's finally all together and ready to put their collective hand around New England's throat and saying enough is enough.

But it isn't like that trio has to do it alone, you have Bryant, you have JuJu, you have Vance McDonald. Too many times over the last few seasons against NE we have had multiple pieces missing from the offense, either Bell was out, or Brown and Bryant were missing, or this season you had Brown leave early and Vance McDonald was out. I can't wait to see what this offense can do with EVERYBODY able to play against NE. With all of those players how does Belichick stop them? It was easy when there were injuries, when either Bell or Brown was out and you could double up on the last remaining big gun. But now? Now the Steelers should be so much better to crush NE. Try to take away Brown and JuJu and Bryant will make you pay. By some miracle if you take away that trio of WRs, then we should be able to kill NE with the short underneath routes to Bell and McDonald.

I want to see this offense just refuse to play small ball, to instead say, hey, try and keep up Brady.

I see no reason why this team can't put over 40 points on New England's defense. And if the offense has Brady playing from behind, it lets the defense play loose and be opportunistic with turnovers.

_________________
#greendot51


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Scunge, your breakdown on the D is stellar!!! Thanks

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
New Alert

2 more years of Bungles and Marvin Lewis

like i reported the other day, he said he and Mike B kissed and made up after the come from behind win.


Got to be that Marvin has nudie pics, high level extortion

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 9975945216

Quote:
Adam Schefter‏Verified account
@AdamSchefter
Follow Follow @AdamSchefter
More
Bengals signed head coach Marvin Lewis to a two-year contract through the 2019 season.

2:12 PM - 2 Jan 2018

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9826
BethlehemSteel wrote:
New Alert

2 more years of Bungles and Marvin Lewis

like i reported the other day, he said he and Mike B kissed and made up after the come from behind win.


Got to be that Marvin has nudie pics, high level extortion

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 9975945216

Quote:
Adam Schefter‏Verified account
@AdamSchefter
Follow Follow @AdamSchefter
More
Bengals signed head coach Marvin Lewis to a two-year contract through the 2019 season.

2:12 PM - 2 Jan 2018


That 4th and 12 I think changed everything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
i made this thread at the same time in NFL

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9924

these 2 stories hit at the same time, how interesting. Cornholer Buh bye

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1772
BethlehemSteel wrote:
New Alert

2 more years of Bungles and Marvin Lewis

like i reported the other day, he said he and Mike B kissed and made up after the come from behind win.


Got to be that Marvin has nudie pics, high level extortion

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 9975945216

Quote:
Adam Schefter‏Verified account
@AdamSchefter
Follow Follow @AdamSchefter
More
Bengals signed head coach Marvin Lewis to a two-year contract through the 2019 season.

2:12 PM - 2 Jan 2018

John Harbaugh must be shitting himself.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8189
It's the old "Bruce Arians is retiring" trick again, huh?

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 731
Hmmmmmmm

- Browns - 1-31 over the last 2 years
- Bungles - 2nd straight losing season and no playoff wins in Lewis' 15 years
- Ravens - Missed playoffs 3 years straight and 4 of the last 5

Combined those three teams had a record of 10-36 this when not playing each other and all three are bringing back their coaches. :roll:

Works for me :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14257
Quote:
@RapSheet
The #Bears have put in an interview request for #Chiefs OC Matt Nagy, source said. That’s two for him — Indy and Chicago. https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/948369739063193600
Quote:
Texans QB coach Sean Ryan to interview for Browns OC job; Ken Zampese as offensive assistant
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... _will.html
Quote:
@jeffzrebiecsun
The Ravens have spoken to former Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano, trying to lure him back to Baltimore to be the defensive coordinator, per colleague @MikePrestonSun. Ravens have other options, but he appears to be their focus at this point. https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiecsun/stat ... 5273183234
Quote:
@Lions
The #Lions have completed a head coaching interview with offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter. https://twitter.com/Lions/status/948347809392144384
Quote:
@MikeKlis
On Broncos radar for QB coach: Ben McAdoo and Ken Zampese. Vance Joseph and McAdoo were previous on SF staff together. Joseph and Zampese were with Bengals. McAdoo and Zampese both looking for OC jobs. Interim QB coach Klint Kubiak will stay on Broncos staff. #9sports https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/948286813000515584
Quote:
@McClain_on_NFL
Texans have reached a mutual parting of the ways with special teams coach Larry Izzo. https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/stat ... 7250207750
Quote:
@art_stapleton
#Giants requested permission earlier today to interview Broncos assistant coach Eric Studesville for HC job, per @MikeKlis.
Broncos have now fired Studesville, so NYG don't need permission.

Studesville has ties here. Plus: was interim HC in Denver when Josh McDaniels was fired. https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/statu ... 0861775872


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4537
Stillerz Bar wrote:
Hmmmmmmm

- Browns - 1-31 over the last 2 years
- Bungles - 2nd straight losing season and no playoff wins in Lewis' 15 years
- Ravens - Missed playoffs 3 years straight and 4 of the last 5

Combined those three teams had a record of 10-36 this when not playing each other and all three are bringing back their coaches. :roll:

Works for me :D


And weirdly enough we've only swept the division THIS YEAR and 2008 in Tomlin's tenure


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2445
BethlehemSteel wrote:
SP wrote:
I’m not the biggest Tomlin fan in the world, but imagine the bidding war for him if the Steelers ever cut him loose.


And the Steelers will be smart and find someone like the rams coach


Don't be so sure. When's the last time the franchise had to hire a new coach without Dan Rooney's input?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10194
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Stillerz Bar wrote:
Hmmmmmmm

- Browns - 1-31 over the last 2 years
- Bungles - 2nd straight losing season and no playoff wins in Lewis' 15 years
- Ravens - Missed playoffs 3 years straight and 4 of the last 5

Combined those three teams had a record of 10-36 this when not playing each other and all three are bringing back their coaches. :roll:

Works for me :D


And weirdly enough we've only swept the division THIS YEAR and 2008 in Tomlin's tenure


Willing to bet that since Tomlin became HC no team has swept their division more than twice.

I believe the Pats have only done it three times since Brady was drafted and the AFCE is supposed by many to be a dumpster fire.

I think Manning Colts only did it three times.

So maybe it is not weird at all?

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group