It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unsubstantiated Rumor: Todd Haley In Bar Fight/Hospital
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:37 pm 

fortythree wrote:
VASteelerGuy wrote:
VASteelerGuy wrote:
No no no, it's true, my friend's cousin Irene, heard from her hairdresser Betty's mom, that the neighbor's paperboy saw the whole thing...supposedly.

So sorry, you were apparently spot on.

Hey no hard feelings. I didn't believe it myself. I had three Steelers drama stories fall into my lap this year and this is the one I decided to finally post. Just glad it ended up being 100% accurate.

I asked a source of mine from when I covered the team about it and he said "LOL wouldn't surprise me" but nothing else. Ran with it anyway with the caveat that it could have been total bullshit because I figured no one here respects me anyway lol.

I do fortythree...even though I’m one of those old guys you despise so much... :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Confirmed: Haley Injured in “Fall”. Shoved down outside
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:51 pm 

Nice work 43. JuJu re enacting this as a TD celebration would be funny as fuck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:57 pm 

ID love to see the cameras zoom in on Haley in he booth afterwards

Pft getting in their barbs....

Quote:
The report says Haley suffered a hip injury and may need to coach next weekend’s game from the booth, instead of the sideline.

This isn’t the first time an incident with Haley at a bar has made the news. In 2013, Haley was accused of having words with patrons at a bar that included Haley asking a man, “Why do you have to be so gay?” Haley confirmed that he had been at the bar and written “Chiefs suck” on a napkin he autographed, but he denied having anything other than jovial interactions with the other patrons.

Police have reportedly investigated the shoving incident but no arrests have been made

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:58 pm 

Interesting how all this has come out. With the way it's been handled, it really does provide the ownership an excuse to give Ben what he wants, do what seems to be in the best interests of the team and cut this guy loose. Because of what's already been happening on the sidelines re: Fitchner/Ben/Haley, it's pretty much more sideshow or comedy than distraction going into the playoffs. Seems nice and convenient how these chips have fallen.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:01 pm 

Ice wrote:
Interesting how all this has come out. With the way it's been handled, it really does provide the ownership an excuse to give Ben what he wants, do what seems to be in the best interests of the team and cut this guy loose. Because of what's already been happening on the sidelines re: Fitchner/Ben/Haley, it's pretty much more sideshow or comedy than distraction going into the playoffs. Seems nice and convenient how these chips have fallen.

I hear there is an opening for early morning starter at Oakmont :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:07 pm 

(posted this in Harrison thread by mistake)

the same fucked up nepotism that got Harrison released in favor of Moats, and got us Todd Haley, and got us Mike Vick -- when NO ONE ELSE WANTED ANY OF THESE GUYS IN THE NFL -- will continue to prevent us from winning championships

I will GUARANTEE YOU that if Arthur fucking Moats were released tomorrow, NO ONE would sign him.

I GUARANTEE YOU that if Haley was fired today, no other NFL team would hire him.

And we already know that no one wanted Vick when Mikey gave him the charity contract

Steelers management is blinded by the idea of "loyalty" -- while Belichick is totally free of any such notion when it comes to signing/cutting players, or hiring/firing coaches.

who gives a fuck if your Dad worked here 40 years ago?

Who gives a fuck that you are from the same town as the HC?

This management team doesn't have the strength or fortitude to make decisions to win championships. They are gutless.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:19 pm 

Unless the legend you're worried about cutting even though his value to the team doesn't seem to be there anymore goes out and behaves in a way that allows you to part ways, save face and do what's best for the room.

Or if Dick Haley's kid, whose sideline value has already been minimized, and who is definitely causing friction with your HOF QB goes out and does something so patently ridiculous that it also allows you pretty much the very same out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:30 pm 

Have they released if it was a man or woman who shoved Haley to the ground? Just wondering.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:35 pm 

So, his knowledge of offense is mostly limited to offending bar patrons. Seems like he definitely offended the hell out of somebody at least.

Post subject: Re: Unsubstantiated Rumor: Todd Haley In Bar Fight/Hospital
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:35 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Hey no hard feelings. I didn't believe it myself. I had three Steelers drama stories fall into my lap this year and this is the one I decided to finally post. Just glad it ended up being 100% accurate.

I asked a source of mine from when I covered the team about it and he said "LOL wouldn't surprise me" but nothing else. Ran with it anyway with the caveat that it could have been total bullshit because I figured no one here respects me anyway lol.

I do fortythree...even though I’m one of those old guys you despise so much... :mrgreen:

Thanks man, i appreciate it. But like I told Swiss, some of my favorite people are old.

I am old too. To some people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next