It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Extremely detailed article on Steelers thoughts on NFL chang
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:03 am
Posts: 1280
https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/ ... ssion=true

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extremely detailed article on Steelers thoughts on NFL c
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8122
you need to rephrase the OP line. Say Mike Mitchell

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extremely detailed article on Steelers thoughts on NFL c
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:03 am
Posts: 1280
BethlehemSteel wrote:
you need to rephrase the OP line. Say Mike Mitchell



They do also interview Dupree, Wilcox, and Lloyd

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extremely detailed article on Steelers thoughts on NFL c
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8122
RooneyTunes wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
you need to rephrase the OP line. Say Mike Mitchell



They do also interview Dupree, Wilcox, and Lloyd


Sorry i quit reading after i saw whiny Mitchell crying

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extremely detailed article on Steelers thoughts on NFL c
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2149
Man to see real journalism on Bleacher Report makes me yearn for the days when some high school kid tried to edit my story for using AP Style that he wasn't familiar with.

I could've been in Minnesota writing for Yahoo and Bleacher Report and making no money if I had just known they'd become legit someday.

Anyway, as for the article. Mitchell is right except when he blames the rules for Shazier not knowing how to tackle properly.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extremely detailed article on Steelers thoughts on NFL c
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:46 pm
Posts: 356
fortythree wrote:
Man to see real journalism on Bleacher Report makes me yearn for the days when some high school kid tried to edit my story for using AP Style that he wasn't familiar with.

I could've been in Minnesota writing for Yahoo and Bleacher Report and making no money if I had just known they'd become legit someday.

Anyway, as for the article. Mitchell is right except when he blames the rules for Shazier not knowing how to tackle properly.


Fortythree - That guy who writes for SCI - Jon Ledyard - his style is born of message ramblings. I can't make myself read anything he writes. It's a shame because I really enjoy Jim Wexell's writing.

_________________
Amateur photographer who's still learning - see my Flickr page:
https://www.flickr.com/people/fotosbyfree/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extremely detailed article on Steelers thoughts on NFL c
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5535
fortythree wrote:
Anyway, as for the article. Mitchell is right except when he blames the rules for Shazier not knowing how to tackle properly.
I didn't read it that way. I think he's suggesting the rules make defenders tackle low. Shazier collided with the runner's thigh or knee, I think. It was a fluke. Not everybody will make a "proper" tackle 100% of the time. Troy P tackled like Shazier his whole career. I suppose he never learned to tackle properly either?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extremely detailed article on Steelers thoughts on NFL c
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2149
44LetzRide wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Man to see real journalism on Bleacher Report makes me yearn for the days when some high school kid tried to edit my story for using AP Style that he wasn't familiar with.

I could've been in Minnesota writing for Yahoo and Bleacher Report and making no money if I had just known they'd become legit someday.

Anyway, as for the article. Mitchell is right except when he blames the rules for Shazier not knowing how to tackle properly.


Fortythree - That guy who writes for SCI - Jon Ledyard - his style is born of message ramblings. I can't make myself read anything he writes. It's a shame because I really enjoy Jim Wexell's writing.


I love Ledyard. He knows his shit. Great on Twitter and great on radio hits. Never read his long form stuff though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extremely detailed article on Steelers thoughts on NFL c
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 224
You hit it Beth. I swear he's auditioning for an announcers job.

BethlehemSteel wrote:
RooneyTunes wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
you need to rephrase the OP line. Say Mike Mitchell



They do also interview Dupree, Wilcox, and Lloyd


Sorry i quit reading after i saw whiny Mitchell crying


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extremely detailed article on Steelers thoughts on NFL c
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2149
COR-TEN wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Anyway, as for the article. Mitchell is right except when he blames the rules for Shazier not knowing how to tackle properly.
I didn't read it that way. I think he's suggesting the rules make defenders tackle low. Shazier collided with the runner's thigh or knee, I think. It was a fluke. Not everybody will make a "proper" tackle 100% of the time. Troy P tackled like Shazier his whole career. I suppose he never learned to tackle properly either?


Shazier wasn't avoiding a headshot. He launched himself upward toward a player still in the air and the crown of his helmet hit the guy first.

To say it was due to Shaz trying to avoid a penalty is demonstrably false.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], JackSplat58 and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group