It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quick Mock at Work
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:20 pm 

1. Tremaine Edwards ILB Virginia Tech
He may not fall here, but if he does he holds the potential to be a standout in the middle of a defense that is going to miss Ryan Shazier.

2. Armani Watts FS Texas A&M
He's been my favorite safety in this class and one of my friends who is a scout confirmed to me that Watts had a great week of practice at the Senior Bowl.

3. Kemoko Turay OLB Rutgers
That same scout told me the Kemoko Turay finally looks like he is living up to his potential down in Mobile. Turay is a freak and would give the Steelers some plus athleticism out on the field.

5. Olasunkanmi Adeniyi OLB Toledo
This is Drama's guy and I am 100% sold. When you watch this guy play, he reminds of the franchise's sack holder, James Harrison.

5. Nathan Sheperd DT Fort Hays State
While he might not be the perfect NT, if the Fort Hays State product lasts this long the Steelers should snag him up. His tape is impressive due to his other-worldly strength and hustle. Hargrave needs to step his game up.

7. Kalen Ballage RB Arizona State
Another guy who has a ton of potential, he could be really good backup for Bell and he can push Conner too.

7. Ervin Phillips WR Syracuse
This roster lost its best slot WR when Eli Rogers went down, and I'm impressed with this kid Phillips. Not a burner but he can separate and make teams pay.

Post subject: Re: Quick Mock at Work
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:36 am 

Smith, I like it as always and I’m thinking you’re right Edmunds won’t be there at 28. He’s enjoying a meteoric rise up the draft board.

Cranky ass Mayock questioned their production but Turay and Ballage looked like two of the most athletic dudes at senior bowl practices this week.

Watts’ tackling worries me. I’m only being semi-sarcastic when I say who on the coaching staff could work with him to correct that?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:52 pm 

Here is one I whipped up about a week ago

Steelers trade out of Rd 1 with the NY Jets as Lamar Jackson falls to the Steeler spot and the Jets move up to get him. Steelers get 2.5 and 4.7

2.5 Leighton Vander Esch ILB Boise St. - This guy will be special. Can break down a play quickly and react. Will not be as blindly fast as Shazier but be more of a Farrior or Urlacher.

2.30 Tim Settle DT Virginia Tech - This is the key for the Hybrid defense. A big DT that can play 2 gap.

3.28 Quin Blanding, FS, Virginia - I am counting on getting FA for FS and ILB so I am hoping that Blanding has a year to learn

4.7 Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State - Another pass rusher that can stand up or put hand on the gorund

5.11 Taylor Hearn, OG, Clemson - Nice versatile Olineman. Can play multiple positions

5.28 Taron Johnson, CB, Weber State - At this point in the draft I think the small school CBs to have superior talent to what is left from the big schools. Both Johnson and Harris could develop into solid CBs but it is a low risk area to pick.

6.28 Davontae Harris, CB, Illinois State

7.28 Johnny Townsend, P, Florida - hate drafting a punter but Barry has to go

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:35 pm 

jebrick wrote:
Here is one I whipped up about a week ago

Steelers trade out of Rd 1 with the NY Jets as Lamar Jackson falls to the Steeler spot and the Jets move up to get him. Steelers get 2.5 and 4.7

2.5 Leighton Vander Esch ILB Boise St. - This guy will be special. Can break down a play quickly and react. Will not be as blindly fast as Shazier but be more of a Farrior or Urlacher.

2.30 Tim Settle DT Virginia Tech - This is the key for the Hybrid defense. A big DT that can play 2 gap.

3.28 Quin Blanding, FS, Virginia - I am counting on getting FA for FS and ILB so I am hoping that Blanding has a year to learn

4.7 Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State - Another pass rusher that can stand up or put hand on the gorund

5.11 Taylor Hearn, OG, Clemson - Nice versatile Olineman. Can play multiple positions

5.28 Taron Johnson, CB, Weber State - At this point in the draft I think the small school CBs to have superior talent to what is left from the big schools. Both Johnson and Harris could develop into solid CBs but it is a low risk area to pick.

6.28 Davontae Harris, CB, Illinois State

7.28 Johnny Townsend, P, Florida - hate drafting a punter but Barry has to go

You had me til you drafted the punter ;) ...but overall, I like it very much.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:45 pm 

Nice one smith.... my stab at it.
All fill needs IMO.
2.5 Edmunds ILB
2.30 Thomas Edge
3.28 Reid FS
4.7 Ford DT
5.11 Hamilton WR
5.28 Herndon TE
6.28 Ballage RB
7.28 Neal SS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:00 pm 

love ballage speed a home run hitter at RB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:09 pm 

He likely shot up draft charts after his good/great showing. Not gonna find him as a 6th RND'er anymore I'd wager.