steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

Combine risers
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10276
Page 1 of 16

Author:  Charles Demarr [ Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:36 am ]
Post subject:  Combine risers

The underwear Olympics are upon us. Give me 3 offensive and 3 defensive players whose stock rises after this weekend.

Defensive:

Mike Hughes CB UCF
Leighton Vander Esch ILB Boise St
Lorenzo Carter OLB Georgia

Honorable mention: Donte Jackson CB LSU

Offensive

Cedric Wilson WR Boise St.
Mark Walton RB Miami
Jamarco Jones OT Ohio State

Honorable Mention: Ian Thomas TE Indiana

Author:  Steelafan77 [ Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Combine risers

Safety Jessie Bates III Wake Forest
DLine Nathan Shepherd Fort Hays St.
ILB Chris Worley Ohio St.
Honorable mention: CB Donte Jackson LSU

RB Kerryon Johnson Auburn
WR Jake Wieneke South Dakota St.
QB Lamar Jackson Louisville
Honorable mention: TE Damon Gibson MSU-Moorhead

Author:  Ice [ Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Combine risers

Offense:

John Kelly, RB, Tennessee
Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
Mason Rudolph, QB, OKSt
HM: Brian O'Neill, OL, Pittsburgh


Defense:

Kyzir White, WVU
Arden Key, LSU
Jerome Baker, tOSU
HM: Kemoko Turay, Buttgers

Author:  jebrick [ Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Combine risers

Steelafan77 wrote:
Safety Jessie Bates III Wake Forest
DLine Nathan Shepherd Fort Hays St.
ILB Chris Worley Ohio St.
Honorable mention: CB Donte Jackson LSU



I would take these 3 as well.

I think Gallup's stock climbs on offense.

Author:  SteelDrama [ Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Combine risers

Defense:
Arden Key
Tim Settle
Josh Sweat
HM Terrance Edmunds

Offense:
Lamar Jackson
Sony Michel
Mike Gesicki
HM Jordan Lasley

Author:  Ice [ Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Combine risers

I'm betting people are solidified in Allen and Rudolph as first round QB by the time the Combine is over.

Are we thinking the same for Jackson?

Author:  Charles Demarr [ Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Combine risers

I almost put Lamar Jackson on my list. His athleticism will be on full display this weekend.

Not sure Rudolph is a 1st rounder yet, but Allen is for sure. Jackson hopefully is, so the Steelers can trade back.

Author:  Ice [ Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Combine risers

SBI is definitely 5-6 "first round" QBs. Not only to open up trade back scenarios, but to push down some impact defensive players, maybe regardless of position of need.

For instance, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of Vita Vea (pipe dream, most likely) or Tim Settle (may be out of reach post-Combine. Almost put him on my list) in the 1st. Anybody who can make an impact early is my guy.

Author:  DP39 [ Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Combine risers

Charles Demarr wrote:
I almost put Lamar Jackson on my list. His athleticism will be on full display this weekend.

Not sure Rudolph is a 1st rounder yet, but Allen is for sure. Jackson hopefully is, so the Steelers can trade back.


I wish too, but not gonna happen. The Steelers want that 5th year option that accompanies first rounders. It's how they operate. I guess they could trade back 1-4 spots and still stay in the first round, but the opportunity is really slim. Pats - for one - will be trading back when they hit the clock.

Author:  Jobus Rum [ Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Combine risers

Ice wrote:
SBI is definitely 5-6 "first round" QBs. Not only to open up trade back scenarios, but to push down some impact defensive players, maybe regardless of position of need.

For instance, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of Vita Vea (pipe dream, most likely) or Tim Settle (may be out of reach post-Combine. Almost put him on my list) in the 1st. Anybody who can make an impact early is my guy.

I keep seeing these names popping up, but fail to see how that is 1st round position of need for the Steelers. Come to grips with the fact that DT/NT is a part time position in the current defense...and no, they aren’t going to a 4-3. I won’t go into the prospects of each player...Vea, I like...Settles not so much, but with huge issues at safety, ILB, and OLB, drafting a 25 snap per game player in the first round isn’t a luxury the Steelers can afford...my two cents.

Page 1 of 16 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/