It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Freaks 2014
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:30 pm 
http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ranking-top-20-cfb-freaks-2014-college-football-preseason-070714

Post subject: Re: Freaks 2014
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:37 pm 

Maurice Falls, LB, East Carolina Pirates

At 6-3 and 247, Falls has great size for the Pirates’ 3-4 scheme to go with terrific speed (he clocked a 4.47 40) and explosiveness (36-inch vertical). Falls also has a 425-pound bench and 645-pound back squat.

He can really play

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:56 am 

Beat me to it Ziv, really like the following prospects:

1. WR Sammie Coates, Auburn
I think he could come into play if Bryant ends up being a dud this year. I think our offense could be real dynamic with Antonio Brown and Markus Wheaton in the slot and Bryant and Coates on the outside.

2. OT Brandon Scherff, Iowa
Its obvious. He's a great talent at LT and the Steelers haven't had a very good LT since Marvel Smith.

9. DE/OLB Shane Ray, Missouri
I'm not thrilled about our pass rushing depth, let alone our major questions at the starting bookends. Who says Worilds stays past this year? Does Jarvis Jones take that next step? Ray has the tools and athleticism to be a very good player.

11. LB Benardrick McKinney, Mississippi State
I thought McKinney would look great next Timmons down the road.......doubt that's even a possibility now with Shazier being drafted.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:23 am 

Not listed in Zivco's freaks list here. While not exactly a freak by any means but someone I've taken notice of is TE Braxton Deaver. Seems like a Steeler type TE all the way. Blocks well, catches well and runs solid routes. From the little bit of tape on him I've watched.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:09 pm 
Freaks list is one of my favorite preseason NCAA reads.

Orakpo is such a freak.Those genes are so rare...

Mizzo is going to have a sick pass rush. I actually think their other DE Golden is better then Ray...and he's a freaky athlete himself.

Scherff would mean we sucked...but he's the PS guy.

I haven't finalized it yet...but I'm leaning War Eagle to win it all...Iron Bowl should be huge.

Leonard Floyd didn't make this list...but I think he might blow up as a sack guy for UGA this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:46 pm 

Team mates S Jordan Richards and LB James Vaughters look like intriguing prospects. Also RT Jake Fisher Oregon intrigues me. Once a TE and DT in high school. 6'6 299 (listed)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:53 pm 

Something relevant to this thread.

Quote:
NFL implementing changes to address underclassmen issue http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... smen-issue

Thoughts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:16 am 
Steelafan77 wrote:
Something relevant to this thread.

Quote:
NFL implementing changes to address underclassmen issue http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... smen-issue

Thoughts

More propaganda. They had to know the rookie cap would cause this. Most of these guys are of the custom made or general studies type of major. There degree might as well read underemployed. If you aren't an early first rounder it's a race to contract 2. Better to make rookie minimum then risk injury. If they want a real job...they can always go back after playing...hell any four year degree in the liberal arts really isn't enough education to access much beyond Starbucks or Costco.

So I think it will be "we don't need your stinking opinion" and declare anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:38 am 

Zivco wrote:
Freaks list is one of my favorite preseason NCAA reads.

Orakpo is such a freak.Those genes are so rare...

Mizzo is going to have a sick pass rush. I actually think their other DE Golden is better then Ray...and he's a freaky athlete himself.

Scherff would mean we sucked...but he's the PS guy.

I haven't finalized it yet...but I'm leaning War Eagle to win it all...Iron Bowl should be huge.

Leonard Floyd didn't make this list...but I think he might blow up as a sack guy for UGA this year.

I get to see Missouri in person this year. They come to Toledo Week 2.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:23 pm 
smithessmokin wrote:
1. WR Sammie Coates, Auburn
I think he could come into play if Bryant ends up being a dud this year. I think our offense could be real dynamic with Antonio Brown and Markus Wheaton in the slot and Bryant and Coates on the outside.

2. OT Brandon Scherff, Iowa
Its obvious. He's a great talent at LT and the Steelers haven't had a very good LT since Marvel Smith.

9. DE/OLB Shane Ray, Missouri
I'm not thrilled about our pass rushing depth, let alone our major questions at the starting bookends. Who says Worilds stays past this year? Does Jarvis Jones take that next step? Ray has the tools and athleticism to be a very good player.

I really like those three going into this year...

Charles Demarr wrote:
I get to see Missouri in person this year. They come to Toledo Week 2.

Good game to see. I really like Mauk...and Golden is a dark horse SEC defensive POY for me. I know expectations are high in Toldeo but it's a tough match up breaking in a new QB and TB.