It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UH OH .....
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am 

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... s-shoulder

If you can still find a book that will take the action vs The Midshepmen at +18.5 I have two words for you :

LOAD IT

Other games I like early on for those that do like some action :

Tulsa -5 vs Tulane

Temple at Vandy +16

UL - Monroe vs Wake +3

Rice +24 at South Bend

The U +4 at L'Ville

Post subject: Re: UH OH .....
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:55 am 

Yeah, game might just have gotten a little more interesting. But I am pretty sure the gameplan wasing to be run it down their throats regardless. I don't bet tOSU, Pitt or Steeler games (exciting enoug because of family/alumni status/general fandom), but I'd have taken Navy and the 18.5 points before Brax went down. Hope it's not serious.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:20 am 
I have actually started making a new account 3 times in the past couple of months but I have resisted. Before all is said and done I'm fairly certain it will be a return to stupidity by October.

I think Miller's arm is pretty terrible. I think OSU just might have a better season with Barrett. I don't think he has the athleticism or arm strength that Miller does...but his high school stuff shows a smarter, more accurate QB. I know alot of people really like Miller...to me he is Vince Young redux...same type of accuracy and mobility minus the clutch plays.

But I wouldn't touch that Navy game. Navy played tough last year...but I don't think you catch OSU sleeping game 1 and it's entirely possible across the board size and athleticism turns this into a laugher in the third quarter,

Tough slate of games week 1.

Right now I'm leaning SC minus the 10.5 vs T AM...theory being SC is going to jam it down there throats as T AM is one of the softest D's in the country...and the improv O is gone.

And I'm thinking Clemson keeps it close vs UGA...but I like it alot more at +9 then the 7 it is many places.

I just might sub that out for PSU -1...UCF lost 4 oline, rb, qb, all very good players...and PSU should be flying around between last years loss and the Franklin effect.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:41 am 

There are many Buckeye fans who would have told you last year that the team would have been better off starting Kenny Guiton for the same reasons you mentioned about Barrett. Much of what I had seen (limited by geography, but a good bit, thanks to BTN and the interwebs) of Braxton this spring showed him continuing his steady improvement as a passer. He's a coachable kid and a willing learner, by all accounts, and that has been the major knock on his game.

He wasn't the most accurate thing ever last year, but if you happened to see that game against The U, as a freshman, where not only did he not complete a pass in like 18 attempts, he was barely close, he has imporved in that regard. He has also m ade his share of clutch plays over the last few seasons.

I agree that the Buckeyes probably wear the Middies down in the second half, but I am not sure they beat them by 18-plus.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:08 pm 

I have USCe locked in as well to hammer the Aggies with the best Oline that Spurrier has ever had at his disposal. Maybe the most complete offensive attack in his long run as the ol Ball Coach.

Also have PSU -1 on a ticket with Clemson at +8 vs the Dawggies ;)

Its that time of year boys !

Lets go

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:54 pm 

Penn State scares me...I would lay the point
Take Rice and the 23.5 against Notre Dame
Clemson and 8...Wow tough...I will take Clemson and the 8.
I LOVE UVA getting 22 from UCLA. West Coast team that is traveling in for a Noon EST start. UVA has a sneaky talented defense. UVA won't have to score to cover.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:19 pm 

UVA defense has allowed zero points.

Fuck me fumble scoop and scores.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:24 pm 

3 defensive touchdowns.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:18 pm 
Nice call on this VA vs UCLA game. I thought it was a cover but not a game. I didn't think much of UCLA's O going in and less now...

I was not expecting that out of T AM...that QB is going to be real good.

Oregon MSU is going to be a game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:43 pm 

Ice wrote:
There are many Buckeye fans who would have told you last year that the team would have been better off starting Kenny Guiton for the same reasons you mentioned about Barrett. Much of what I had seen (limited by geography, but a good bit, thanks to BTN and the interwebs) of Braxton this spring showed him continuing his steady improvement as a passer. He's a coachable kid and a willing learner, by all accounts, and that has been the major knock on his game.

He wasn't the most accurate thing ever last year, but if you happened to see that game against The U, as a freshman, where not only did he not complete a pass in like 18 attempts, he was barely close, he has imporved in that regard. He has also m ade his share of clutch plays over the last few seasons.

I agree that the Buckeyes probably wear the Middies down in the second half, but I am not sure they beat them by 18-plus.

Miller has a cannon, and was very accurate most of last season. Not to mention he is basically a star RB too.

I watched every second of every game. They are a much more potent offense with him, and will probably lose 2 or 3 games without him.