It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CFB week 1
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:15 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
"Incredibly, LSU now has a winning record under Les Miles when trailing in the 4th quarter. Their 22 such wins are the most in FBS since he took over in 2005 while they are the only FBS program with a winning record in such games. "

That's crazy.

That's Les Miles. I know a lot of fans give him shit, but his teams are always entertaining and competitive.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:16 pm 

Ice wrote:
Malachi Dupre is about the most Louisiana sounding name I have ever heard on a football player. Schools outside the state shouldn't even have been allowed to recruit him.

T-Bob Hebert thinks you owe him an apology.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:43 pm 

I haven't delved too deeply into any specific players yet. Just watching a handful of games casually, the skill position players are the easiest to notice. A few stood out in the games I caught.

Arizona WR Austin Hill looks all the way back from injury after missing most of last year. Good size, body control, and hands. Some deep speed is there too. Could be an early 2nd rounder, outside shot at a late 1st rounder when all is said and done.

Pitt has two elite skill players. I've been following WR Tyler Boyd since he was a Sophomore in HS. That kid is going to be a Top 20 draft pick in another year. He reminds me of Julio Jones. RB James Conner is a tough sumbitch and pretty talented runner.

I don't advocate drafting RB's in the 1st round, but this year's class has 3 guys that will be hard for teams to pass up. Bama's TJ Yeldon, SC's Todd Gurley, and Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon all look like special backs to me.

Clemson OLB Vic Beasly is overrated. If he came out last year he would have been a mid 2nd rounder. Now I see him projected as a Top 10 pick for next year. I don't see it. Too inconsistent and some holes to his game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:54 pm 

Ameer Abdullah is severely underrated as a pro prospect. I would bet anyone he turns out a better pro than Gordon does. Gordon is better once you get him to the second level (which happens a lot due to the great oline), but Abdullah is better at everything else. Long speed is really the only thing he really lacks, but he has incredible balance and lateral quickness.

Watch this run at 2:37:

Gurley is the top back bar none in this class. I'm not sold on Yeldon yet, either.