It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: CFB week 1
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:28 pm 

Ice wrote:
FSU getting a good game from Okie State. Winston has not looked good at all. At least so far.

Rashad Greene is a stud

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:29 pm 

Maybe spoke too soon on OK State.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:31 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Ice wrote:
FSU getting a good game from Okie State. Winston has not looked good at all. At least so far.

Rashad Greene is a stud

Probably the biggest positive takeaway for me, too. Walsh for OK State is going to be good.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:47 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
Iron_City wrote:
LSU stinks...... Again

Have you ever actually admitted your college team? PSU...Sucks. OSU...sucks. Or did you change this year?

LSU won't be much this year, but it has been better than your teams.

Penn State is my team and I know they suck

Is that any worse than you busting on an Ohio State team that's better than LSU every year ?

I think not

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:10 am 

Jennings can play if you let him. Coaches shouldn't handcuff him. Give him the team and let him prove unworthy, rather than the other way around.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:26 am 

So the frosh they wheeled out tonight is no good, or just very green?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:35 am 

Ice wrote:
So the frosh they wheeled out tonight is no good, or just very green?

He only played a series and didn't get a chance to do much. I think the coaching staff is just very cautious. Kind of Steelers like in not wanting young guys to play at key positions. Even with Jennings they handcuffed him the entire first half. Only started winning when we let him throw a bit.

Harris supposedly played neck and neck with Jennings in practice. Outplayed him big time in spring game.

I suspect he will get more time against lesser opponents.

Another dual threat kid. Lanky.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:02 am 
Cigarette?

I thought that was the best opening day in a long time. All damn day surprisingly good games.

If not for the sports page I would have missed the PSU CF game. Not impressed with Bama, FSU, LSU,OSU, UCLA...FSU should walk away with ACC though...I think MSU is the team to beat in the big 10 but much will be revealed against Oregon next week.

I still back PSU but until sanctions are over...War Damn Eagle.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:04 am 

Zivco wrote:
Cigarette?

I thought that was the best opening day in a long time.

If not for the sports page I would have missed the PSU CF game. Not impressed with Bama, FSU, LSU,OSU, UCLA...FSU should walk away with ACC though...I think MSU is the team to beat in the big 10 but much will be revealed against Oregon next week.

I still back PSU but until sanctions are over...War Damn Eagle.

Wisconsin getting big lead may have been worst thing for them, and best thing for LSU season. Lsu first half gameplan is a 5 loss team. Lsu 2nd half is a 3 loss team and a tough out for anyone. So young they'll only get better from here. Les just has to keep playbook open.

LSU's secondary was phenomenal. Wisco QB is garbage, but he had no one open all game.

Other thoughts:

Jameis scares me as a prospect, but I like him way more than Manziel. Jameis mental game is there usually. Off tonight. His mechanics need work, and worried that he hasn't improved in that regard this season. He throws a bit like Tebow. He floats passes. Rarely does he have zip. Not very accurate on short and intermediate. Behind or high. He's not someone you start year one.

UGA could surprise this year with that rushing attack. Gurley is my heisman favorite, but that Chubbs kid is going to be a stud as well.

Mariota is gonna Mariota, but when's the last good QB to come out of Oregon? Don't trust the QBs from that system.

Jeremy Johnson got done dirty, IMO. I know Marshall was only suspended a half, but the way johnson was lighting it up, you let him finish that game.

OSU not impressive.

Bama o-line impressive. Yeldon is a dark horse heisman candidate. Their QB is decent, but no McCarron. Secondary looked bad. Defense in general wasn't anything special.

Last edited by SteelKnife on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:05 am 

Good to know the talent is there. Teams that played "non - traditional" openers today seemed to struggle a bit, particularly early in the games. Not sure if I'm picking up something that wasn't really there or not, though. For the most part, talent seemed to win out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next