It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: CFB week 1
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:16 am 

"Incredibly, LSU now has a winning record under Les Miles when trailing in the 4th quarter. Their 22 such wins are the most in FBS since he took over in 2005 while they are the only FBS program with a winning record in such games. "

That's crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:21 am 
I'll admit I mostly just saw the first half of Bama-WVU and know they were missing Depriest but that looks like the worst D Saban has fielded at Bama.

I did watch LSU and Wis in total...and LSU front 7s aren't up to the recent past. I'm use to LSU beating teams up...the second half rush yards were more scheme then dominate. SEC is up in the air this year...

Easily the best QB to my eye at this point is the kid from T-AM...QB's are on the move so much these days you are only going to see so much of schooled mechanics...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:38 am 

Zivco wrote:
I'll admit I mostly just saw the first half of Bama-WVU and know they were missing Depriest but that looks like the worst D Saban has fielded at Bama.

I did watch LSU and Wis in total...and LSU front 7s aren't up to the recent past. I'm use to LSU beating teams up...the second half rush yards were more scheme then dominate. SEC is up in the air this year...

Easily the best QB to my eye at this point is the kid from T-AM...QB's are on the move so much these days you are only going to see so much of schooled mechanics...

Agree on A&Ms QB. Need to see more though. Week 1 is tough to make predictions off of.

LSUs front 7 struggled, but like you said, it was all scheme. Traps, counters, pulls. It wasn't being out physicaled. LSU adjusted in second half (can't believe that)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:37 am 

Kessler vs. Hogan next weekend at The Farm... Couple good young QB's.

LOC was terrible, but both USC and Stanford looked like they belonged in the Top 25.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:00 am 

Steeler Jones wrote:
Kessler vs. Hogan next weekend at The Farm... Couple good young QB's.

LOC was terrible, but both USC and Stanford looked like they belonged in the Top 25.

I still like Oregon, UCLA, Stanford and SC in that order. Though Stanford looked really good. Fresno State, minus pretty much all their best players last year, wasn't much of a test.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:05 am 
Right now I have USC and Oregon out front in the Pac 10...looking forward to next weeks game...I don't know how to view Stanford yet...I like what they have back on offense...but they lost so much on defense.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:13 am 

I'll agree UCLA looked like hot dogshit against a very game and surprisingly good (defensively) UVA team yesterday, but they also traveled east, did the early game, on the road, against a power conference team. They get some credit in my book for that. Plus, their offense will improve. The talent is there. I thought, considering what they lost, the defense definitely came through.

Oregon vs MSU will tell us a lot about this conference, and the Big Ten, for that matter. Great to see games like that early in the season.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:41 pm 

Before I stop talking about LSUs youngins...gotta give props to...

Diarse. A man out there. Redshirt freshman.

Dural. sophomore.

Quinn. Freshman.

When Malachi Dupre comes off of injury (true freshman), and when fournette can get a full game of work, lsu will have some young weapons.

This is a team that might not be in the playoff this year, but over the next couple should be toward the front of the pack.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:42 pm 

Malachi Dupre is about the most Louisiana sounding name I have ever heard on a football player. Schools outside the state shouldn't even have been allowed to recruit him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:03 pm 

Ice wrote:
Malachi Dupre is about the most Louisiana sounding name I have ever heard on a football player. Schools outside the state shouldn't even have been allowed to recruit him.

I thought that about Fournette

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next