It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guys to Keep An Eye On for 2017
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:17 pm 

Corey Davis WR Western Michigan SR
PJ Fleck has really turned the program around at WMU, but it would not have been remotely possible without this kid. AT 6'3" 205lbs, he flies on the football field. I think he's very under appreciated as a playmaker in next year's draft class.

Dan Feeney OG Indiana SR
I know we just signed Ramon Foster to another 3 year extension, but bringing in his replacement could be a priority come next offseason. Feeney could have left this year, but he returned to Indiana to work on his flaws(very few, trust me). Very mobile and strong.

Isaiah Ford WR Virginia Tech JR
Another guy who probably doesn't get a ton of hype, but he has been an impact player ever since he stepped on the field for the Hokies. Another tall and lanky WR, he can really get down the field and make the tough catch.

Anthony Walker ILB Northwestern JR
Walker is a flat our tackling machine. I caught a few games of the Wildcats this season being in Big Ten Country and this kid is a big time player. A little undersized he can do it all.

Greg Ward QB/WR/RB Houston SR
Ward is a phenomenal talent who will be a Hesiman candidate if he duplicates his success from this past season. He very likely will have to make a position switch at the next level and wherever that is he has a chance to succeed.

Derek Barnett DE/OLB Tennessee JR
Anyone in SEC Country recognizes that talent that is Derek Barnett. A big time pass rusher and with another big season, he could defeinitely be considered as a top ten talent.

Harold Landry DE/OLB Boston College
An emerging star for BC, Landry as a true sophomore was a terror on edges for the Eagles. He refuses to be blocked by TEs and has a great build at 6'3" 250lbs. He is only going to get better and is a candidate to really break out in 2016. If he comes out next year, he won't turn 21 until June.

That's all for now folks!

Post subject: Re: Guys to Keep An Eye On for 2017
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:56 pm 

I'll play.

EDGE:
Carl Lawson - Auburn: Returning from injury, an explosive athlete that should play and test well this year.
Myles Garrett - Texas A&M: Like Lawson, but probably ends up out of Steelers reach.

Free Safety:
Mike Mitchell is injury prone and a year older. Might be time to start finding his replacement.
Max Redfield - FS - Notre Dame
Dominic Sanders - FS - Georgia

ILB:
Raekwon McMillan - Ohio State: With Old Dirty Timmons at the end of his contract, ILB could suddenly become a huge void. Steelers need a new ghostface killa in the middle, a method man if you will.

Jarrad Davis - Florida: Athletic, speed and power. Suits the modern NFL defenses, a young Timmons.

WR:
JuJu Smith-Schuster - USC: Talk about a perfect name for a SteelerFury mock. If Martavis Bryant cant put the weed issues behind him, they will need another tall downfield threat depending on how Coates develops.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:03 pm 

“Next Time Methodist!” Love that movie

With the addition of Javon Hargrave the Steelers now have a potentially fearsome front three. Still, these guys need help. “My advice? Bring friends.” “Alotta of them!”

I’m ok with this years draft, but I’m not ok with James Harrison, Jarvis Jones, and Arthur Moats. Edge rushers were ignored this year. Next Time Edge Rushers!!! And no better place to look than my own backyard…the mighty SEC.

Auburn:
Carl Lawson- Proud carrier of the “Bad mother f’er” wallet. Lawson was one of the few beasts of the SEC to get the better of bong-boy Laremy Tunsil this past season.

‘Bama:
Jonathan Allen-Kind of surprised he didn’t enter the draft this year after totaling 12.5 sacks for the tide.

Timmy Williams-Oh dude. I like this kid. Turns the corner like he was shot of a cannon. Sub player this past season but will be much more involved especially if he gets his weight up a little.

Ryan Anderson- 6’2 255 looks like a true 3-4 OLb…had 6 sacks last year

Rashaan Evans- Just a pup but he’s a comin!

D’Shawn Hand The Tide just come at you in waves (see what I did there). Former top 5 recruit will make an impact this year.

Gators:
Jarrad Davis- Bad dude right here. My guy. All over the field last year.

Bryan Cox-Not elite, but the kid plays hard like his old man.

Georgia:

Lorenzo Carter: Saw this kid in person at the Georgia Dome couple years back when he beat the shit out of my local North Gwinnett HS team for the state title. Battled through some injuries last yr but kid can play.

LSU:
Lewis Neal- James Harrison clone…even wears the #92.

Arden Key-Whoa watch out for this kid…rail thin but he can really turn the corner. True Soph.

Mizzou:
Charles Harris- 6’3 235- fast dude. 18.5 TFL’s and 7 sacks.

‘Ole Miss:
Marquis Haynes-Built more like a strong safety but these types envogue in the NFL.

Razorbacks:
Deatrich Wise-All over the field vs LSU last yr. 2.5 sacks and 2.5 tfl.

Cocks:
Darius English-Muschamp going to turn him loose… former GA defensive high school player of the yr.

Tennessee:
Derek Barnett- Smithesmokin’ gave you the heads up on this kid. Dig him.

Jalen Reeves-Mabin-Another smallish hybrid type…all over the f-ing field against Oklahoma with 21 tackles.

Texas A&M
Myles Garrett- Ok obviously something went really wrong if this kid is in play for the Steelers but hey maybe Tombert trades UP. Ok not.

Daeshon Hall-He won’t see any double teams playing opposite Garrett.

Bonus: THE Ohio St. Buckeyes (F.U. Michigan)
Tyquan Lewis
Davante Booker
Sam Hubbard
Jaylon Holmes

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:28 pm 

Lawson is going to be a top 5 pick in the draft, and I hope we have no chance at picking top 5.

Will Jackson's running mate in Houston, Brandon Wilson, might go as high as Jackson. A. he can fly, B. better ball skills, C. great returner

They have a couple of DE's and WRs you're going to get to know this year-- that program is full-on loaded. Like a contender for FBS playoff type loaded. They lost a 1st round CB, their MLB leader on D, and the top skill position player from their O... but they have a terrific college QB, a stable of young OL, great DL, and a full boat at WR. If they can get it together fast enough for week 1 vs Oklahoma and Greg Ward stays healthy, he'll be in Heisman conversation and they will be a contender for the NC.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:27 pm 

That Tom Herman was no slouch, it turns out.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:51 pm 

Ice wrote:

I keep saying that he should be the next OC for the Steelers.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:13 pm 

also, on Brandon Wilson-- when their top 3 RBs were all out to injury and the team had just lost it's first (and only game of the year when their QB was out), Wilson flipped from starting CB to starting RB on a short week-- game was Thursday. Ran for like 120 and 2 TDs. Played well at RB the following week vs Temple, too... then flipped back to CB and played great in their bowl game vs Florida State. I think he looks faster than Jackson on tape, which would really be something.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:26 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Lawson is going to be a top 5 pick in the draft, and I hope we have no chance at picking top 5.

Will Jackson's running mate in Houston, Brandon Wilson, might go as high as Jackson. A. he can fly, B. better ball skills, C. great returner

They have a couple of DE's and WRs you're going to get to know this year-- that program is full-on loaded. Like a contender for FBS playoff type loaded. They lost a 1st round CB, their MLB leader on D, and the top skill position player from their O... but they have a terrific college QB, a stable of young OL, great DL, and a full boat at WR. If they can get it together fast enough for week 1 vs Oklahoma and Greg Ward stays healthy, he'll be in Heisman conversation and they will be a contender for the NC.

Another Wilson, aka Howard Wilson is going to be a stud for them this year. Also looking forward to see if DE Cameron Malveaux and WR Linell Bonner take the next step in their respective games.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:53 pm 

as I said, they are loaded, even with losing two great players on D and their main offensive weapon other than Greg Ward.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:21 am 

jebrick wrote:
Ice wrote:

I keep saying that he should be the next OC for the Steelers.

He will be the next head coach at tOSU, as soon as Urban Meyer burns out again. (Remember, you heard it here first.)