It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Time to start talking edge rushe
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:28 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
SP wrote:
Demarcus Walker of FSU has dominated some big games this year. He was unstoppable in the Florida and Ole Miss games. I have to think he's a late first rounder at this point. You want an athletic pass rusher, this might be your guy. Lawson and or Walker should be there when the Steelers pick in round 1. That's comforting.

I watched 2nd half of Florida states win last night. Kid owns Florida with 4 sacks past 2 meetings. What I like about Walker is they move him all over the line. He got a sack from defensive tackle. Seems to be the leader of the defense. Watch out for Tavares McFadden. Sophomore but leads fbs in ints. Like walker this kid always stands out to me when I catch a Florida st game

Yup. If this was the old days of the 3-4 I don't think he'd be as good a fit for the defense. He got sacks and pressures as a DT in obvious passing situations. I'm not sure he'll be very good at dropping in coverage, but with the amount of nickel and dime defense the Steelers play now, that won't matter. They can put him in position to rush the passer which is what they lack.

He's built a bit like Woodley was back in the day. Not overly long, 6'2, but thicker at 270 pounds. More of a traditional 4-3 edge, he'd fit in just fine here if they used him right.

I think he was only credited with 2 sacks against Florida, but there were at least 6 plays he completely destroyed with immediate pressure. #44 and 91 lived in the backfield all night long.

Post subject: Re: Time to start talking edge rushers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:08 pm 

SP wrote:
Because it's always a good time to talk draft. With the young pieces in the secondary, the only true weakness on the roster is edge rusher. This draft I feel they need to double dip to replace Harrison and Jarvis. I have no problem with them resigning Jones to play the 2 down LB role, but don't even bother using him as a pas rusher.

So go ahead and start filling this thread up with draft eligible edge rushers. My target, Barnett, has probably already played himself out of Pittsburgh range, although I they they should consider a trade up to target a top pass rusher next year.

Ejuan Price from Pitt has a Elvis Dumervil quality to his game. He would be my 2nd target after taking the top edge rusher I could find in round 1. Price has an injury history, is short, and is severely over aged. He could be a steal later in the draft.

Time to start preparing for a 4--3 full time defense

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:20 pm 

McKinley.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:54 pm 

cop1211 wrote:
McKinley.

This dude I think is the the next great Steeler pass rusher. Rushes with his hand down or off the ground.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:09 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
List of guys that are less hyped I found. You've got, Barnett, Garrett, Fields, Harris, Lawson and Williams. Then you have the names listed below.

Like Neal from LSU, seems to be a good fit. Also partial to Hubbard (OSU), Walker (FSU) and Kalambayi from Stanford. Have to research some of the others listed.

Kemoko Turay, Rutgers – RS Junior

Sam Hubbard, Ohio State – RS Sophomore

Al-Quadin Muhammad, Miami – RS Junior

Harold Landry, Boston College – Junior

Dawuane Smoot, Illinois – Senior

Deatrich Wise, Arkansas – RS Senior

Ryan Anderson, Alabama – RS Senior

Vince Biegel, Wisconsin – RS Senior

Andrew Trumbetti, Notre Dame – Junior

Nick DeLuca, North Dakota State – Senior

DeMarcus Walker, Florida State – Senior

Lewis Neal, LSU – Senior

Daeshon Hall, Texas A&M – Senior

Marquis Haynes, Mississippi – Junior

Bryan Cox, Florida – RS Senior

Kylie Fitts, Utah – RS Senior

Ken Ekanem, Virginia Tech – RS Senior

DaShawn Hand, Alabama – Junior

Tyquan Lewis, Ohio State – RS Junior

Chad Thomas, Miami – Junior

Lorenzo Carter, Georgia – Junior

Hunter Dimick, Utah – RS Senior

Darius English, South Carolina – RS Senior

Darius Hamilton, Rutgers – RS Senior

Ifeadi Odenigbo, Northwestern – RS Senior

Peter Kalambayi, Stanford – RS Junior

Don't know his measurables, but I've been watching a ton of PAC12 football recently, and Hunter Dimick is an animal. McKinley is as well, but will probably be long gone by time the Steelers pick.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:42 pm 

Luca Brasi wrote:
Don't know his measurables, but I've been watching a ton of PAC12 football recently, and Hunter Dimick is an animal. McKinley is as well, but will probably be long gone by time the Steelers pick.

Know very little about college ball, but I have to say Dimick seemed to single-handedly keep Utes in the game against Colorado.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:17 pm 

Steel Drummer wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:

Know very little about college ball, but I have to say Dimick seemed to single-handedly keep Utes in the game against Colorado.

Absolutely, they couldn't block him. I'm guessing his 40 time won't make anyone say wow, but holy shit his motor is non stop.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:26 am 

smithessmokin wrote:
cop1211 wrote:
McKinley.

This dude I think is the the next great Steeler pass rusher. Rushes with his hand down or off the ground.

McKinley absolutely got erased by the two Stanford OTs. Like a milk carton kid. Destroyed in run game and swallowed in pass rush. Either Stanford's redshirt Soph OTs are elite 1st round picks or McKinley is overrated.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:39 am 

My guy Joe Mathis wasn't erased by Stanford. 2 sacks was ferocious coming off right end

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:45 am 

SteelDrama wrote:
My guy Joe Mathis wasn't erased by Stanford. 2 sacks was ferocious coming off right end

Haven't seen it-- but that would be impressive. In truth, I think Stanford OTs are pretty good, especially that Kelvin Beachum-like LT.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next