It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just feel like mocking mock
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:56 pm 

Missed FSU get their ass whipped at Louisville but watched some of the Bama/Ole Miss barn burner, watched my Dawgs steal one from Mizzou, and now watching more scoring as my Buckeyes do battle with OU.

1.) Bucky Hodges 6’7 245 TE Va Tech - My Pacific Beach buddy Blonde John tried to warn me about LaDarius Green but I wouldn’t listen. I’m not sold on the Outlaw yet, but it would be cool to see what Ben could do throwing to a couple 6’7 red zone targets in JJ and Hodges.

2.) Carl Lawson 6’2 262 Edge Rusher Auburn-Don’t cringe SEC haters. I know Jervis and Bud not panning out but if Lawson falls this far into rd 2 he’ll be a “grand larceny” type of selection and add some much needed juice to the pass rush.

3.) Gareon Conley 6’0 195 DB Ohio St.- Justin Gilbert a major dart throw and the Golson kid can’t make it out of training camp. Conley got buckled tonight making a form tackle on I believe super Joe Mixon but the kid can play.

4.) Steven Taylor 6’1 225 LB Houston- ...speaking of kids who can play...this war daddy racked up 13 sacks, 14 hits and 25 pressures for Houston’s upstart defense last year. Could be an interesting package player for Kevin Butler's diverse scheme.

5.) Dietrich Wise 6’5 280 DE Arkansas-Bulk him up a little and let him cause chaos with Tuitt and Suwanee GA’s own Cam Heyward.

6C) James Connor 6’2 250 RB Pitt- I know the Steelers sent their 6th rd pick to the Browns but I love a good story so I’m going to make this cancer survivor a well spent comp pick.

7.) Nick Deluca 6’3 245 ILB North Dakota St.- Small school programs giving the big boys fits this season. I didn’t watch the Bison take down Iowa today but I’m sure this tough 'sum bitch was wreaking havoc on the hawkeyes all game long.

7C) Weston Steelhammer 6’2 200 SS Air Force- Can’t think of a better name for a hard hitting Pittsburgh Steelers safety than “Steelhammer.”

As always thanks for reading. Enjoy both the college and NFL seasons. Go Steelers!

Post subject: Re: Just feel like mocking mock
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:08 am 

Drama, the Steelers sent their 2018 6th round pick to the Browns. You can draft one more player! :lol:

As far as the players go:
1- Hodges - I like Hodges, but I think the James will acquitt himself nicely this year and be real good next year. Also, I think the Steelers will the Steelers really draft a move TE that high? I love the player, just don't know if that will happen.

2- Lawson - Beast, worry about his injury history. I also think he's more of a 43 DE, seems stiff to me.

3- Conley - Conley has become a good player. This one I totally agree with.

4- Taylor - I definitely want to spend a pick here on a guy who can cover ground and make plays, a guy who can back up Shazier. Vince Williams is locked up for a few so I want another sideline to sideline guy.

5- Wise - I think he's a top 100 talent. He absolutely destroyed Jerald Hawkins last year. He's a pure power player. Love the player.

6C- Conner - Another position I really want to address. I think Bell gets extended, but we need to get another quality backup(Karlos Williams anyone?).

7. DeLuca - How many ILBs do we need? :lol: Good player though.

7C- WHAT A NAME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:13 am 

Could be a year to get a QB.

Cooper Rush, Central Michigan could be had in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Unless someone else notices how good he is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:13 am 

Drama, you're going to want to punch me for this, but as far as TEs go I would rather see Jake Butt than Hodges.

Good call on Conley in the 3rd, he can play.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:54 am 

I'm the guy who is the Hodges fan. I think he's much more suited to the pro game-- Travis Kelce who can block.

Taylor is another one of those 225 lb pass rushers like bucannon and perhaps feeney. He's a football player and won't surprise if he finds a way.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:54 pm 

Charles!!!! Nooooooo Blue!

Ok With Green looking like a bad signing I can get on board with a few tight ends including Butt (joke in there somewhere). Obviously way to early to know what roster will look like in 2017 but if Bell and Bryant return....man would a quality TE look good paired with the outlaw. Ben would have an embarrassment of weapons.

Defensively there are A LOT of edge rushers I want to look at. Mocked Carl Lawson last year and will continue to do so here and there because whether he's only 4-3 edge player he can really get after the quarterback. Damn there are an assload of pass rushers this year!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:50 pm 

1.OLB Can't see how they don't go OLB here, with Jones doing nada, and Harrison heading into retirement.
2.CB Gholson can't make it through non contact drills, Gay a year older, Cockrell is "meh"
3.OLB See #1.
4.DE Would like a good backup for the starters to give them some breaks.
5.OT. I think Hawkins will be a nice back up, but I'd like to have another.
6.S. I wish they would have kept Hogan over the dum dum Thomas
7.G. Backups currently are pretty weak.

2018. 2019. 2020
1.TE. 1.QB. 1.OT
2.ILB. 2.G. 2.RB
3.WR. 3.CB. 3.S
4.RB. 4.DT. 4.WR
5.OLB. 5.S. 5.C
6.CB. 6.OT. 6.ILB
7.S. 7.DE. 7. OLB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:52 pm 

Cop they resigned Hagen to the Practice Squad. If that's who you meant. 09/16/2016 Signed S Jacob Hagen; Released RB Brandon Brown-Dukes.
Then!!!
09/20/2016 Signed RB Brandon Brown-Dukes to the Practice Squad; Released S Jacob Hagen from the Practice Squad. http://www.steelers.com/team/transactions.html

I'm thinking they resigned Brown-Dukes to have him emulate Sproles this week in practice. Perhaps Hagen is resigned next week. :lol:

Double dipped at edge....

1) Derek Barnett Edge 6'3 265 Tennessee

2) Davon Godchaux DE/DT 6'4 293 LSU

3) Peter Kalambayi Edge 6'3 245 Stanford

4) Tarean Folston RB 5'9 215 Notre Dame

5) David Jones FS 6'2 210 Richmond

6C) Cam Serigne TE 6'3 250 Wake Forest

7) Damore'ea Stringfellow WR 6'2 212 Ole MIss

7C) Erik Magnuson OT 6'5 296 Michigan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:53 pm 

Bump for Gareon Conley.
Kid played well last night had a fantastic leaping interception late in the game incorrectly overturned