It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hurricane Mockthew
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:21 pm 

I’m not happy with Hurricane Matthew ruining two perfectly good SEC games tomorrow. No way I’ll be watching Georgia and the Cocks on a freaking Sunday. Hopefully, none of you are impacted by what looks like one badass storm.

Anyway, I’m going to keep hoping that next year’s offense is able to boast a lineup that includes Ben, Bell, AB, Bryant, Coates, and Green. A return to health of the OL would be lovely as well. I just want to focus on building a young, fast, aggressive defense.

1.) Derrick Barnett 6’3 265 Edge Tennessee- My guy. Continued his dominant ways in a thrilling finish in Athens last week. So long as CBS keeps ranking him 25th I’ll keep mocking him here in round 1.

2.) Quincy Wilson 6’1 213 Corner Florida- Yaaaaa buddy. This kid right here is a helluva football player. I’m not sold on Ross Cockrell nor am I remotely sold on the Golson kid ever making it past his first preseason game.

3.) Dante Booker 6’2 233 ILB THE Ohio St.- With Lawrence Timmons future with the team uncertain and Ryan Shazier officially ruled out yet again for Sunday it’s back to the Buckeye well for another speedy middle linebacker. Hopefully Ohio’s “Mr. Footbal" can stay out of Mr. Tub.

4.) Harold Landry 6’2 245 Edge Boston College- Both my aunts were nuns at BC so I've got a soft spot for this school. Anyway, Just saw Landry get his 5th sack of the season on DeShaun Watson dipping under right tackle. Kid looks fast but admittedly this is the first I’ve seen of him.

5.) Jake Replogle 6’5 290 DE Purdue-I still think Tuitt and Suwanee, GA’s Cam Heyward are logging too many snaps. This Replogle kid isn’t just an all-out hustler, he’s a 3 time academic All-American.

5C.) Paul Maglorie 6’0 220 OLB Arizona-I’ve got an odd obsession with these hybrid linebacker/safety types. This kid played corner and safety at the JUCO level before being moved to outside linebacker for the Wildcats.

6.) Julie’n Davenport 6’6 315 OT Bucknell- I didn’t know Bucknell had a football program and I'm not sure Ron will approve with the spelling of his name but apparently this kid is a legitimate prospect.

7.) Joe Mathis 6’2 250 Edge Washington- Another Husky who really impressed me in last week’s ass whipping of Stanford. This kid has a motor and can really turn the corner. Im surprised CBS thinks so little of him but don’t worry Joe, 'Ol Drama will vouch for ya.

As always thanks for reading. Just throwing some names out there. Enjoy the games this weekend.

Post subject: Re: Hurricane Mockthew
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:21 am 

Landry was one of the first guys I mentioned to keep an eye on for this season. He's a got a bright future ahead of him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:55 pm 

Like it Drama. I recognise a common theme in your last few mocks, Mr. Barnett. I too believe Barnett to be a quality fit. I was going to add another mock myself here from Sunny (bone dry drought plagued and still on fire in certain parts of the state) California but I felt like it's a bit of a trespass in your thread. You know, it being Mocktober and all. Perhaps I'll change up my approach and really go off reservation in a later mock. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:05 am 

77, you're the man you go ahead and mock whenever you damn well please!!!!

As for Barnett there's no way...NOOOOOO WAAAAAY....he's available if the steelers pick late in rd 1 but he's my guy this year. Kid split out wide to cover josh f-ing Reynolds and stayed right f-ing with him 20 yds down field!!!

And how about that kamara kid at RB?!?! Holy shit is he lightning in a bottle! I'll be mocking the shit out of that shifty little bastard the rest of the year too!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:22 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
77, you're the man you go ahead and mock whenever you damn well please!!!!

As for Barnett there's no way...NOOOOOO WAAAAAY....he's available if the steelers pick late in rd 1 but he's my guy this year. Kid split out wide to cover josh f-ing Reynolds and stayed right f-ing with him 20 yds down field!!!

And how about that kamara kid at RB?!?! Holy shit is he lightning in a bottle! I'll be mocking the shit out of that shifty little bastard the rest of the year too!!!!!

Love Kamara, I've mocked him to us several times so far this year. Perfect back up to Bell and Williams(he won't last forever!).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:56 pm 

So much for changing up my approach...oh, and I stole your RB. :geek:

1. Raekwon McMillon ILB 6'2 240 Ohio State
2. Chad Thomas Edge 6'5 265 Miami
3. Montravius Adams DT 6'4 296 Auburn
4. Alvin Kamara RB 5'10 215 Tennessee
5. Mason Cole OT 6'5 305 Michigan
6. Courtland Sutton WR 6'3 205 SMU
7. Larry Allen Jr. OG 6'4 285 Harvard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:08 pm 

I like McMillon but he will go in the top 15-20. By far the best MLB in this draft.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:13 pm 

It's early mid-mocktober and I'm not really caring about accuracy. Perhaps I'll have a little better idea once mockvember gets here. :P :geek:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:00 am 

I am still a fan of Smoot for the Steelers but I figure that these guys will be gone before the 20th pick ( just looking at OLB prospects that fit the general model that the Steelers like)

Myles Garrett
Charles Harris
Derek Barnett
Tim Williams
Jarrad Davis

who may be gone
Carl Lawson
Dawuane Smoot
Sam Hubbard
Bryan Cox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:34 am 

Like a lot of players in that group, Brick. Would be satisfied with any of them falling to 32.