It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PSU-MSU
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:07 pm 

Good game so far

Post subject: Re: PSU-MSU
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:37 pm 

Penn State can't run and can't stop the Spartans thus far...except to keep them out of the end zone.

Franklin back to dumb Franklin and had a couple of bizarre play calls that put the Lions behind the sticks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:13 pm 

Let us hope MSU can figure out how to punch it in a few times and steal a victory.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:15 pm 

running them out the gym now.....

need Wisconsin to win so get a chance for playoff!

memories of the googly eyed pedophile apologist/accomplice can hopefully finally be forgotten......

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:26 pm 

So far so good.

Now...if a depleted Cincy can find a way to beat the Ravens, it'll be a clean sweep for the holidays (a Jets' win over New England would be icing on the cake).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:09 pm 

I'll ask the million dollar question:

If Penn State, Washington, and Clemson all win out, does Ohio State get left out of the playoff?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:45 pm 

Pabst wrote:

If Penn State, Washington, and Clemson all win out, does Ohio State get left out of the playoff?

My guess is that 2-loss PSU would get left out instead of the 1-loss Buckeyes that they beat. Despite the conference crown it would be harder to leave out OSU. That said, the benefitted from a controversial decision to make them # 4 a few years ago so you never know.

I was thinking that a cleaner path for Penn State would have been for Michigan to win and hope for Washington to lose. Much easier to ick Penn State over OSU if they both have 2 losses. The winner of the Big 12 title game is not out of the picture either.

Regardless, at this point they need to beat Wisconsin and see what happens - if they can muster a decisive win they may be able to get the committee to put them in.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:48 pm 

absolutely not.

OSU is in the playoff

question is whether the BIG 10 champion gets in or not......

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:56 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Let us hope MSU can figure out how to punch it in a few times and steal a victory.

Thankfully that didn't happen but you have to wonder how the Spartans would have responded with Damion Terry at QB in the second half? Sparty ran 50 plays their first 4 drives. They tilted the field the entire first half. I get why Dantonio did what he did for the kid(s) but he killed their momentum in the second half with his decision.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:03 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Thankfully that didn't happen but you have to wonder how the Spartans would have responded with Damion Terry at QB in the second half? Sparty ran 50 plays their first 4 drives. They tilted the field the entire first half. I get why Dantonio did what he did for the kid(s) but he killed their momentum in the second half with his decision.

Terry was hurt, wasn't he?

They said Michigan State was down to one healthy QB to start the second half.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:07 pm 

I didn't see/hear that during the game but it is reported now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:09 pm 

Stillerz Bar wrote:
Pabst wrote:

My guess is that 2-loss PSU would get left out instead of the 1-loss Buckeyes that they beat. Despite the conference crown it would be harder to leave out OSU. That said, the benefitted from a controversial decision to make them # 4 a few years ago so you never know.

I was thinking that a cleaner path for Penn State would have been for Michigan to win and hope for Washington to lose. Much easier to ick Penn State over OSU if they both have 2 losses. The winner of the Big 12 title game is not out of the picture either.

Regardless, at this point they need to beat Wisconsin and see what happens - if they can muster a decisive win they may be able to get the committee to put them in.

I'm trying to decide if I want Penn State in the playoff, where they'd likely be the #4 seed and thus get rolled by Alabama in the semifinal, or just go to the Rose Bowl and let them have an enjoyable time and possibly win.

Team has plenty of chances to maybe get to the playoff later.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:19 pm 

Pabst wrote:

Not all conference champions are created equal...
Tell me which of those teams has a better overall resume than OSU, then we'll talk.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:44 pm 

frying chicken in death Valley tonight.....

Watson back in the Heisman hunt?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:21 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Pabst wrote:

Tell me which of those teams has a better overall resume than OSU, then we'll talk.

Hey, just asking the question ;)

Personally, I think that if Washington and Clemson take their respective conference titles, then they should drop OSU to #4 and leave the Big Ten champ out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:18 am 

Pabst wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Pabst wrote:

Hey, just asking the question ;)

Personally, I think that if Washington and Clemson take their respective conference titles, then they should drop OSU to #4 and leave the Big Ten champ out.

Pabst I kinda disagree. I think if penn st beats Wisconsin for big 10 title they're getting majorly screwed if excluded. They'd be conference champs AND gave my Buckeyes their only loss. As much as I'd hate to see Buckeyes shut out I think it's the right move for commitee should Psu win next week.
I really dig college football.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:14 am 

It occurred to me that maybe OSU shouldn't be rooting for a PSU loss. They're in anyway.

Colorado-Washington is key to PSU or WIS chances.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:39 am 

Jim Harbaugh's a whiny bitch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:49 am 

Here's why it will be Penn State:

*J.T. Barrett....15/32, 124 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT

*Trace McSorley....17/23, 376 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:40 pm 

Ice wrote:
Jim Harbaugh's a whiny bitch

LOL....I came here to post just that. I mean, LEGENDARY crying.

And everything he's whining about were correct calls (even if the one spot was generous, it looked pretty clear to be a first down).

He's a great coach, but lacks class and character. I'd hate to be a Michigan fan and have my young kids seeing and hearing how he handles losing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:48 pm 

Pabst wrote:

no chance.

OSU is going over PSU & Washington.

"The Buckeyes will have played the strongest schedule by far of any one-loss team and there are only a few of those. When the CFP Rankings come out on Tuesday night, Ohio State will have a 3-1 record against teams in the top nine on that list. Think about that. The Buckeyes will have played four of the other eight teams in the top nine with three wins, including two on the road, and a three-point loss on the road. Nobody else can touch that."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bowl-projections-ohio-state-will-make-the-playoff-if-the-committee-does-its-job/

I think Colorado is going to beat Washington, anyway. The Huskies peaked early, the Buffaloes are peaking now.

I also think the PSU Nittany Lions don't win a game the rest of the year. Losses to Wisconsin and Western Michigan await.

Playoff is #1Alabama vs #4 Wisconsin , Michigan, or WTF knows which 2 loss team-- take your pick... and #2 Clemson vs #3 Ohio State.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:18 pm 

Seems the committee has penalized bad games in the past, and OSU was practically gifted that game at home. Several other close calls this year.

I wouldn't say it will happen, but if PSU is impressive against Wisconsin, you'd have to consider them over OSU. They'd be B1G champs AND have beaten OSU head-to-head.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:29 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Seems the committee has penalized bad games in the past, and OSU was practically gifted that game at home. Several other close calls this year.

I wouldn't say it will happen, but if PSU is impressive against Wisconsin, you'd have to consider them over OSU. They'd be B1G champs AND have beaten OSU head-to-head.

it might get them picked out of the 2 loss team pile for the #4 seed, but they won't be seeded ahead of OSU.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:38 pm 

A big question mark hanging over Penn State for their chances going forward is the health of Saquon Barkley. He hurt his ankle in the second half of the game last night, and although Franklin says he'll be ready to go next Saturday, no one knows how serious the injury was yet.

Luckily for Franklin, there were no other serious injuries, although he tempted fate by keeping McSorley in to run up the score last night. Lions may have been trying to impress the committee, but I think a lot of it was payback for last year's drubbing by the Spartans, where Michigan State ran up the score and gloated on the sidelines as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:37 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
A big question mark hanging over Penn State for their chances going forward is the health of Saquon Barkley. He hurt his ankle in the second half of the game last night, and although Franklin says he'll be ready to go next Saturday, no one knows how serious the injury was yet.

Luckily for Franklin, there were no other serious injuries, although he tempted fate by keeping McSorley in to run up the score last night. Lions may have been trying to impress the committee, but I think a lot of it was payback for last year's drubbing by the Spartans, where Michigan State ran up the score and gloated on the sidelines as well.

True....right up to the last play of the game, Penn State was throwing with a 35 point lead.