It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mockijuana
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:14 pm 

A defensive heavy draft like this only comes to fruition if Leveon and Martavis return and I guess it wouldn't hurt to lock TomBert out of the draft room.

1.) Tim Williams 6’3 252 EDGE Alabama- “Tim Williams??? You high Drama?” No I don’t use drugs. I get high off sexy perfume and the beautiful women who wear it. But you’re probably right. Even if the Steelers miss the playoffs they’ll have no shot at this pass rushing beast. And yes I too am sick of reading about these young, entitled athletes and their obsession with marijuana and pistols. Still, When the ball is snapped this kid looks like he was shot out of an effing cannon and brother let me tell you, this cat closes on the quarterback like a hungry cheetah! Smithesmokin nailed it. “Game Changers.” The defense needs them. May have to trade up to get this one.

2.) Adoree’ Jackson 5’11 185 CB USC- Look up the definition of game changer and you’ll see this kid’s mug staring right at you. AND the kid is a respected team leader. Two birds, one stone right there! Anyway, I’ll once again mock this Olympic caliber athlete who despite 2 more interceptions in the upset win over the Huskies, is still ranked a paltry 45th by the toolboxes at CBS. #JOKECBSPROSPECTRANKINGS.

3.) Jordan Willis 6’4 250 EDGE Kansas St- Ok I know the Big 12 isn’t exactly synonymous with defense, but this “Fast Riser” is a team leader and havoc wreaker sorely lacking on our beloved Steelers defense. I don’t know much, but I know Tim Williams, Jordan Willis, Chick, and Bud would be a major improvement over the crap we’ve seen coming off the edge so far this year.

4.) Steven Taylor 6’1 225 ILB Houston-So last night Heisman runaway winner Lamar Jackson was held to 33 yds on 25 carries, lost 3 fumbles, was sacked 11…that’s 11 times... and was blown out of the building 31-0 by halftime. I’ve mocked this Taylor kid before but after his 16 tackle 2.5 sack night I'm going to do again before CBS smarten’s up and makes him an early day 2 pick. Yep, it pays to play behind stud DT Ed Oliver. Man, did Tom Herman and the Cougs take it to ‘ol baloney face Bobby Petrino last night. I was only half joking when I suggested Herman be named Steelers’ head coach. I’m no longer joking.

4C) Montravius Adams 6’3 309 DT Auburn-One of my many guys this year. Tore Georgia's pathetic O-line up! Just a one man wrecking crew that would really boost the middle of a baby soft Steelers’ defense. 129? You’re reaaaallllyyy slacking CBS #hilariousCBSprospectrankings.

5) Quin Blanding 6’1 215 S Virginia- Hell no I haven’t seen a Virginia game but Bucky Brooks is a fan saying Blanding "is the new prototype at the position as a rangy playmaker with corner-like cover skills and rugged run-stopping ability." "He plays like a Tasmanian Devil near the box, exhibiting outstanding instincts, awareness and athleticism chasing down runners from sideline to sideline," Yes Please. Take a hike Mike!

6) Rasul Douglas 6’2 190 CB West Virginia- At least WVU attempts to play defense in the pass happy BIG 12. This Rasul character is a big kid and another "Fast Riser" that will have his hands full with Baker Mayfield and DeDe Westbrook tomorrow night.

7). Ralph Green III 6’4 320 DT Indiana- Ralph Green 1 and 2 probably aren’t too happy with Ralph the 3rd for his domestic violence charge, but here we have one big ‘sum bitch that anchors a Hoosier DL that held Penn St. super soph Sequan Barkley to 58 yards on 33 carries last week. That’s a 1.8 yd per carry avg. That’s just sick run defense.

7C) Trey Hendrickson 6’4 270 EDGE Florida Atlantic-Hell no I’ve never seen a Florida Atlantic game. I mocked T-Hen earlier in the year but after reading he has 47 pressures and 9 sacks this season I’m more or less reminding myself not to forget about this kid.

9:15 on a Friday night and I'm cashed out. Damn I'm old. If I don't talk to y'all enjoy your Thanksgiving and football this week!

Post subject: Re: Mockijuana
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:46 am 

1. Tim Williams
Have always felt like his best football is ahead of him. I wish that he would play some more on early running downs, but I'm drafting him on his ability to rush the passer. His motor is a big reason why I like this guy, he doesn't run cold.

2. Adoree Jackson
This kid just makes plays and that something the Steelers just don't have and his Olympic athleticism makes me think he's going to have a role right away, no matter where he lines up.

3. Jordan Willis
I'm not as high on Willis and I think some of that is because he's a little stiff and that makes me label him more as a pure 43 end. I think he's a decent player but I think he's more of a backup DE at the next level.

4. Steven Taylor
Talk about a player I couldn't agree more on Drama. He's the perfect nickel LB at the next level and a great candidate to back up Ryan Shazier.

4c. Montravious Adams
I was really high on Hargrave and I realize he is just a rookie, but I think he's going to need some time to really get adjusted to the NFL game. He's shown flashes, but the Steelers need to find better DL depth across the board. McCullers is meh and all Ricardo Mathews can do is be a mediocre rushing DT. Adams has size and real quicks, he's definitely a guy I could draft and let him get in the rotation.

5. Quin Blanding
Watched him a while ago, need to revisit. I know injuries have stunted his growth and development.

6. Rasul Douglas
Who? Haha I need to do some homework on this guy, never even heard of him. I definitely don't watch much Big 12 football.

7. Ralph Green
I know Ralph Green. I love Ralph Green the football player.....but he needs to grow up. I've said since Day 1 since he got to Indiana that he could be a next level type of guy if he would truly dedicate himself to the game. However, he's been caught up in the college lifestyle. Ralph has rare size and moves well. Also, his last incident involved hitting a women when he was drunk off his ass. He'd be worth the risk as a player, but I'm not sure he'll be on the Steelers board.

7. Trey Hendrickson
Who? Yet another guy I need to look at.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:44 am 

Ya I had Ryan Anderson plugged into the Jordan Willis slot to have a Bama duo but decided to go with a kid I hadn't yet mocked for discussion purposes. I think Steelers need to find at least two edge guys in this loaded class after whiffing badly on Jarvis. If Bud is also a bust thats bad news. Still pissed they didn't take Shane Ray but we can't live in our fears obviously.

I figured you'd know Ralph green. Tomlin killing Heyward and eventually Tuitt. Need to build a high quality rotation of big bodied beasts. I know Zeke Elliot is a stud and the Cowboys oline is great but that was just embarrassing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:40 am 

1) Jamal Adams S 6'0 211 LSU.
Good Riddance mitchell....
2) Tyquan Lewis Edge 6'4 260 OSU
Good Riddance jervis...
3) Eddie Vanderdoes DL 6'4 310 UCLA
Much needed depth...
4) Josh Harvey-Clemons ILB 6'4 230 Louisville
ILB, You ask yourself? He played safety though, right? Project ILB...
4C) Cooper Rush QB 6'3 220 Central Michigan
Another 4th RND'er...
5) Bryan Cox Edge 6'3 268 FSU
Doubling down for depth...
6) Jelani Hamilton DL 6'5 302 Miami
7) Kevin King CB 6'3 190 Washington
Corner/Safety, doubling down for depth...
7C) Julie'n Davenport OT/OG 6'6 315 Bucknell
Depth pick...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:50 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
1) Jamal Adams S 6'0 211 LSU.
Good Riddance mitchell....
2) Tyquan Lewis Edge 6'4 260 OSU
Good Riddance jervis...
3) Eddie Vanderdoes DL 6'4 310 UCLA
Much needed depth...
4) Josh Harvey-Clemons ILB 6'4 230 Louisville
ILB, You ask yourself? He played safety though, right? Project ILB...
4C) Cooper Rush QB 6'3 220 Central Michigan
Another 4th RND'er...
5) Bryan Cox Edge 6'3 268 FSU
6) Jelani Hamilton DL 6'5 302 Miami
7) Kevin King CB 6'3 190 Washington
Corner/Safety, doubling down for depth...
7C) Julie'n Davenport OT/OG 6'6 315 Bucknell
Depth pick...

Not being a dick, but Cooper Rush is nowhere near a 4th round pick. Watched him throw 3 picks in person this year and it could have been 5. He's feasted on the bottom feeders of the MAC, but most QBs do.

Zach Terrell from Western on the other hand.....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:12 pm 

Not perceived that way Demarr. I'm not always in the know and might throw someone's name in there I heard here first. Welcome to talk about Zach Terrell though. I'm all ears brutha.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:33 pm 

1.Jalen Tabor CB Florida
2.Carl Lawson OLB Auburn
3.Eddie Jackson S Bama
4.Corey Clement RB Wisconsin
4.Tyler Stewart QB Nevada
5. Stacy Coley WR Miami
6.Ejuan Price OLB Woody High
7. Greg Pyke OL UGA
7. Hardy Nickerson LB Illinois

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:58 pm 

Would be surprised if Lawson lasts till 2.50, would be floored if Jackson lasts to a similar position in the 3rd, and would take a sabbatical from my job and move to the South to personally pack game day bongs for you next season if Price lasts to a similar place in the 6th.

I'd be happy to do these things if this draft happened, though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:11 pm 

My Thanksgiving/Mockvember

1/Raekwon McMillan ILB 6'2 240 Ohio State
2/Devonte Fields EDGE 6'4 245 Louisville
3/Eddie Jackson FS 6'1 194 Alabama
4/Chris Wormley DT 6'4 289 Michigan
4comp/Brandon Facyson 6'1 190 CB Virginia Tech
5/Lewis Neal EDGE 6'2 264 LSU
6/Daeshon Hall DE 6'5 270 Texas A&M
7/Elijah McGuire RB 5'10 208 Louisiana-Lafayette
7comp/Brady Gustafson QB 6'6 235 Montana