It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ohio St. should be out of the playoff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:07 am 

Ice wrote:
This is about the most homeriffic thread on here this fall.

I will smile with quiet satisfaction if the Pitt loss keeps PSU out of the dance, of course, but hey, PSU fans, look at the bright side, if you're left out, you get to spend all off season with that "coulda been a contender" swag. In at #4, you get to lick wounds from a 45 point drubbing by Saban and the boys.

Maybe you're better off. Good season, though, PA silver medalists.

Also, by the way, you're overlooking a pretty damn good Wisconsin team.

Boom.

No joke: I would much rather watch Western Michigan and Zack Terrell play the game of their lives for three quarters + vs Alabama than see 2-loss Penn State get demolished by Alabama.

This discussion is all moot when Penn State loses in the Big 10 championship game. It is truly satisfying, though, to know it might be the humbling at Heinz that keeps those Paterno-worshippers from sniffing a playoff berth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:31 pm 

Ice wrote:

I will smile with quiet satisfaction if the Pitt loss keeps PSU out of the dance, of course, but hey, PSU fans, look at the bright side, if you're left out, you get to spend all off season with that "coulda been a contender" swag. In at #4, you get to lick wounds from a 45 point drubbing by Saban and the boys.

I live in CA. don't give a single fuck about penn st. (in fact, i stand to win some money if ohio st. wins the national championship)

I'm sharing an opinion that a trip to the final four should be earned on the field, and the first step to earning it on the field is to win a power 5 conf champ.

I don't even know how to get my arms around Western Michigan. A b2b directional school in the playoff?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:02 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ice wrote:

Boom.

No joke: I would much rather watch Western Michigan and Zack Terrell play the game of their lives for three quarters + vs Alabama than see 2-loss Penn State get demolished by Alabama.

This discussion is all moot when Penn State loses in the Big 10 championship game. It is truly satisfying, though, to know it might be the humbling at Heinz that keeps those Paterno-worshippers from sniffing a playoff berth.

This thread is hilarious. A lot of flawed logic.

Speaking of Western, How did Corey Davis not make the final 5 for the Biletnikoff award? He is hands down the best WR in the country. Whoever drafts him gets an absolute stud. This kid will make an impact day 1 in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:26 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:

Speaking of Western, How did Corey Davis not make the final 5 for the Biletnikoff award? He is hands down the best WR in the country. Whoever drafts him gets an absolute stud. This kid will make an impact day 1 in the NFL.

Any chance you'll share your non flawed logic?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:43 pm 

Lifelongsteel wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:

The whole "have to win the conference championship" in order to get in crowd from Penn St. is pretty flawed. OSU #2 in the nation, #2 strength of schedule, wins vs. 3 top 10's.

Won't matter anyway, Wisconsin beats Penn St. this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:05 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
Lifelongsteel wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:

The whole "have to win the conference championship" in order to get in crowd from Penn St. is pretty flawed. OSU #2 in the nation, #2 strength of schedule, wins vs. 3 top 10's.

Right. Then Wisconsin should be ahead of Ohio St.

In the NFL you don't make the playoff due to your power ranking, or strength of schedule, or top 10 wins. Why should college be different?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:20 pm 

We'll agree to disagree. Go check out Corey Davis and Zach Terrell from WMU. They are going to beat someone up on New Year's day. They are legit.

Great running game too. PJ Fleck is going to get paid after bowl season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:10 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:

Not so certain if Alex Hornibrook isn't ready to go.

Even if he is, I think the teams are evenly matched. This isn't the same Penn State team that lost to Pitt and got blown out by Michigan. I think some people are a little blinded to how good Penn State really is.

That said, count me in as one of those who'd rather see Penn State left out of the playoff and have a chance to win the Rose Bowl (although beating Colorado would be a daunting task) than get rolled as the #4 by Alabama.

I'm thinking the FBS people would rather that not happen either. They can talk about qualifications until they're blue in the face...they don't want the games to be boring blowouts either if they can help it.

And to be honest- judging from some of the reactions of posters here...it's probably "too soon" in the eyes of many FBS officials for Penn State to be in such a national spotlight again.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:56 pm 

tOSU vs PSU at The Shoe next year should be a HUGE game. Already looking forward.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:08 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ice wrote:

Boom.

I'm reminded of.....Penn State-48 #1Pitt-14. Remember that??
And B2B....why dub all Penn State fans Paterno-Worshippers?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next