It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ohio St. should be out of the playoff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 14085
Ice wrote:
This is about the most homeriffic thread on here this fall.

I will smile with quiet satisfaction if the Pitt loss keeps PSU out of the dance, of course, but hey, PSU fans, look at the bright side, if you're left out, you get to spend all off season with that "coulda been a contender" swag. In at #4, you get to lick wounds from a 45 point drubbing by Saban and the boys.

Maybe you're better off. Good season, though, PA silver medalists.

Also, by the way, you're overlooking a pretty damn good Wisconsin team.

Boom.

No joke: I would much rather watch Western Michigan and Zack Terrell play the game of their lives for three quarters + vs Alabama than see 2-loss Penn State get demolished by Alabama.

This discussion is all moot when Penn State loses in the Big 10 championship game. It is truly satisfying, though, to know it might be the humbling at Heinz that keeps those Paterno-worshippers from sniffing a playoff berth.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ohio St. should be out of the playoff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 am
Posts: 2932
Ice wrote:
This is about the most homeriffic thread on here this fall.

I will smile with quiet satisfaction if the Pitt loss keeps PSU out of the dance, of course, but hey, PSU fans, look at the bright side, if you're left out, you get to spend all off season with that "coulda been a contender" swag. In at #4, you get to lick wounds from a 45 point drubbing by Saban and the boys.

Maybe you're better off. Good season, though, PA silver medalists.

Also, by the way, you're overlooking a pretty damn good Wisconsin team.


I live in CA. don't give a single fuck about penn st. (in fact, i stand to win some money if ohio st. wins the national championship)

I'm sharing an opinion that a trip to the final four should be earned on the field, and the first step to earning it on the field is to win a power 5 conf champ.

I don't even know how to get my arms around Western Michigan. A b2b directional school in the playoff?

_________________
#IDrinkandIKnowThings


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ohio St. should be out of the playoff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:02 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1090
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ice wrote:
This is about the most homeriffic thread on here this fall.

I will smile with quiet satisfaction if the Pitt loss keeps PSU out of the dance, of course, but hey, PSU fans, look at the bright side, if you're left out, you get to spend all off season with that "coulda been a contender" swag. In at #4, you get to lick wounds from a 45 point drubbing by Saban and the boys.

Maybe you're better off. Good season, though, PA silver medalists.

Also, by the way, you're overlooking a pretty damn good Wisconsin team.

Boom.

No joke: I would much rather watch Western Michigan and Zack Terrell play the game of their lives for three quarters + vs Alabama than see 2-loss Penn State get demolished by Alabama.

This discussion is all moot when Penn State loses in the Big 10 championship game. It is truly satisfying, though, to know it might be the humbling at Heinz that keeps those Paterno-worshippers from sniffing a playoff berth.


This thread is hilarious. A lot of flawed logic.

Speaking of Western, How did Corey Davis not make the final 5 for the Biletnikoff award? He is hands down the best WR in the country. Whoever drafts him gets an absolute stud. This kid will make an impact day 1 in the NFL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ohio St. should be out of the playoff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 am
Posts: 2932
Charles Demarr wrote:

This thread is hilarious. A lot of flawed logic.

Speaking of Western, How did Corey Davis not make the final 5 for the Biletnikoff award? He is hands down the best WR in the country. Whoever drafts him gets an absolute stud. This kid will make an impact day 1 in the NFL.


Any chance you'll share your non flawed logic?

_________________
#IDrinkandIKnowThings


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ohio St. should be out of the playoff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:43 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1090
Lifelongsteel wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:

This thread is hilarious. A lot of flawed logic.

Speaking of Western, How did Corey Davis not make the final 5 for the Biletnikoff award? He is hands down the best WR in the country. Whoever drafts him gets an absolute stud. This kid will make an impact day 1 in the NFL.


Any chance you'll share your non flawed logic?


The whole "have to win the conference championship" in order to get in crowd from Penn St. is pretty flawed. OSU #2 in the nation, #2 strength of schedule, wins vs. 3 top 10's.

Won't matter anyway, Wisconsin beats Penn St. this weekend.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ohio St. should be out of the playoff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 am
Posts: 2932
Charles Demarr wrote:
Lifelongsteel wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:

This thread is hilarious. A lot of flawed logic.

Speaking of Western, How did Corey Davis not make the final 5 for the Biletnikoff award? He is hands down the best WR in the country. Whoever drafts him gets an absolute stud. This kid will make an impact day 1 in the NFL.


Any chance you'll share your non flawed logic?


The whole "have to win the conference championship" in order to get in crowd from Penn St. is pretty flawed. OSU #2 in the nation, #2 strength of schedule, wins vs. 3 top 10's.

Won't matter anyway, Wisconsin beats Penn St. this weekend.


Right. Then Wisconsin should be ahead of Ohio St.

In the NFL you don't make the playoff due to your power ranking, or strength of schedule, or top 10 wins. Why should college be different?

_________________
#IDrinkandIKnowThings


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ohio St. should be out of the playoff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:20 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1090
We'll agree to disagree. Go check out Corey Davis and Zach Terrell from WMU. They are going to beat someone up on New Year's day. They are legit.

Great running game too. PJ Fleck is going to get paid after bowl season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ohio St. should be out of the playoff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 20642
Charles Demarr wrote:
Won't matter anyway, Wisconsin beats Penn St. this weekend.


Not so certain if Alex Hornibrook isn't ready to go.

Even if he is, I think the teams are evenly matched. This isn't the same Penn State team that lost to Pitt and got blown out by Michigan. I think some people are a little blinded to how good Penn State really is.

That said, count me in as one of those who'd rather see Penn State left out of the playoff and have a chance to win the Rose Bowl (although beating Colorado would be a daunting task) than get rolled as the #4 by Alabama.

I'm thinking the FBS people would rather that not happen either. They can talk about qualifications until they're blue in the face...they don't want the games to be boring blowouts either if they can help it.

And to be honest- judging from some of the reactions of posters here...it's probably "too soon" in the eyes of many FBS officials for Penn State to be in such a national spotlight again.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ohio St. should be out of the playoff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 3606
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
tOSU vs PSU at The Shoe next year should be a HUGE game. Already looking forward.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ohio St. should be out of the playoff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6175
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ice wrote:
This is about the most homeriffic thread on here this fall.

I will smile with quiet satisfaction if the Pitt loss keeps PSU out of the dance, of course, but hey, PSU fans, look at the bright side, if you're left out, you get to spend all off season with that "coulda been a contender" swag. In at #4, you get to lick wounds from a 45 point drubbing by Saban and the boys.

Maybe you're better off. Good season, though, PA silver medalists.

Also, by the way, you're overlooking a pretty damn good Wisconsin team.

Boom.

No joke: I would much rather watch Western Michigan and Zack Terrell play the game of their lives for three quarters + vs Alabama than see 2-loss Penn State get demolished by Alabama.

This discussion is all moot when Penn State loses in the Big 10 championship game. It is truly satisfying, though, to know it might be the humbling at Heinz that keeps those Paterno-worshippers from sniffing a playoff berth.


I'm reminded of.....Penn State-48 #1Pitt-14. Remember that??
And B2B....why dub all Penn State fans Paterno-Worshippers?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group