It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ohio St. should be out of the playoff
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:26 am 

always a last minute surprise in this deal, which now leaves my Tigers vulnerable.....

really sucks they moved the game to Orlando from Charlotte.....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:15 pm 

Western's worst performance all year, cut them some slack. I still want to see them match-up with PSU on new year's day.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:42 pm 

Even if Penn State comes back to win, they're going to be left out because of how the game went.

Unless VA Tech also comes back somehow.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:08 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Even if Penn State comes back to win, they're going to be left out because of how the game went.

Unless VA Tech also comes back somehow.

I dunno, Jeems....they're such a freakin' exciting team....don't see how you watch this game, leave Penn State out if they hang on to win.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:09 am 

Notice how FEW penalties in this game compared to an NFL game??

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:09 am 

I'm gonna take pride in the fact that the loss to Pitt is probably what keeps Penn State out of the playoff.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:26 am 

fortythree wrote:
I'm gonna take pride in the fact that the loss to Pitt is probably what keeps Penn State out of the playoff.

Penn State-48 #1Pitt-14

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:37 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Penn State-48 #1Pitt-14

That means nothing to me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:36 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Penn State-48 #1Pitt-14

but Tomlin's 2008 & 2010 is too long ago to give him cerdit? :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:00 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Penn State-48 #1Pitt-14

but Tomlin's 2008 & 2010 is too long ago to give him cerdit? :roll:

B2B....you KNOW I've never wavered from my stance that I absolutely credit Mike Tomlin for the Steelers 6th Super Bowl trophy in '08....I've NEVER minimized his impact on that season.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:40 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
B2B....you KNOW I've never wavered from my stance that I absolutely credit Mike Tomlin for the Steelers 6th Super Bowl trophy in '08....I've NEVER minimized his impact on that season.

I mean people say 2008 and 2010 are Soooooo long ago and what have you done for me lately are also saying 48-14, which is a lifetime ago.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:17 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

I mean people say 2008 and 2010 are Soooooo long ago and what have you done for me lately are also saying 48-14, which is a lifetime ago.

It's official. All threads are potentially Tomlin threads.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:02 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
We'll agree to disagree. Go check out Corey Davis and Zach Terrell from WMU. They are going to beat someone up on New Year's day. They are legit.

Great running game too. PJ Fleck is going to get paid after bowl season.

That someone is going to be Penn State, adding to the angst here.

I think we should immediately-- as in next year-- go to an 8 team playoff, with at least 1 non power conference or whatever they are calling them these days school. Imagine every year, the top non power school program... Boise State, Western Michigan, etc. gets a shot vs the #1 team in the land. Well worth seeing their Rocky moment.

Furthermore, there 100% ought to be relegations in college football. North Dakota State can move up, Kansas can move down. Do that for a few years and then this playoff system will begin to make perfect sense.

Didn't western michigan just squeak one out vs the Ohio Bobcats? And you think they beat up PSU? Get real

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:06 am 

Wisconsin will beat Western Michigan by 17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:40 am 

R S wrote:
Didn't western michigan just squeak one out vs the Ohio Bobcats? And you think they beat up PSU? Get real

I think it would take a lot for B2B to admit Penn State is pretty damn good.

I am fully expecting a "Here's why USC will rout Penn State" post form him at some point.

(Actually, I am nervous about that game, if only because of the four-week layoff).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:47 am 

USC v Penn State should be one of the better games on News Years. USC is playing really really well. Their freshman QB is very good. Penn State is also playing well. I hope both schools come in and want to win.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:10 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
R S wrote:

I am fully expecting a "Here's why USC will rout Penn State" post form him at some point.

(Actually, I am nervous about that game, if only because of the four-week layoff).

That's Pitt fans for you.

I have a friend who's a huge Pitt fan. Of course he said PSU is way overrated. I told him they just won the best conference in the nation this year. He was aghast that anyone would consider the Big Ten the best .

I said 4 teams in the top 10?

He again used the overrated word for those top 10 teams.

I asked him to name 10 teams better than PSU., he named OSU Mich CLEM Wash OK USC and Bama

I said thank you so youre they are a top 10 team along with 2-3 other BIG Ten schools.

Some biases are just sooooo strong it doens't matter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:18 pm 

Quote:
I told him they just won the best conference in the nation this year. He was aghast that anyone would consider the Big Ten the best .

I don't know how anyone could argue this.
And I'm not so sure the PSU, playing as well as anyone right now, wouldn't give Bama all they could handle...

We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. -Clark W. Griswald
#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:05 pm 

R S wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
We'll agree to disagree. Go check out Corey Davis and Zach Terrell from WMU. They are going to beat someone up on New Year's day. They are legit.

Great running game too. PJ Fleck is going to get paid after bowl season.

That someone is going to be Penn State, adding to the angst here.

I think we should immediately-- as in next year-- go to an 8 team playoff, with at least 1 non power conference or whatever they are calling them these days school. Imagine every year, the top non power school program... Boise State, Western Michigan, etc. gets a shot vs the #1 team in the land. Well worth seeing their Rocky moment.

Furthermore, there 100% ought to be relegations in college football. North Dakota State can move up, Kansas can move down. Do that for a few years and then this playoff system will begin to make perfect sense.

Arguably Western's worst performance of the year. They looked sloppy and out of sync. 4 weeks to get things corrected, they will give Wisconsin a game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:45 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
R S wrote:

I don't think USC is any good on offense, so feels like PSU should be a decent favorite. I do hate them but I'm not stupid about it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:47 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
Arguably Western's worst performance of the year. They looked sloppy and out of sync. 4 weeks to get things corrected, they will give Wisconsin a game.

The game also means about a 1000 times more to Western Michigan than it does to Wisconsin. Important factor.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:29 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:

The game also means about a 1000 times more to Western Michigan than it does to Wisconsin. Important factor.

One of the biggest, when trying to predict bowl matchups.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:46 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:

I don't know. It's not like Wisconsin just missed the playoff or something and is a returning national champ. The bowl game should mean just as much to them as anyone else. Why wouldn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:51 pm 

Wisconsin could have won the conference championship. They didn't. If PSU makes the CFP, they might go to the Rose Bowl (personally think Richigan would have gone ahead of them). They didn't. Being disappointed in the results of the invite process gets teams all the time. Chryst has some work to do.

For Western Michigan, this is like the Super Bowl, if the Super Bowl was played every (insert number of years of the school's existence here) years. These kids were probably all told they weren't good enough by any number of Big Ten schools. Coach is one hell of a motivator. They're underdogs, playing with house money.

Not an ideal psychological matchup for the Badgers by any means.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:27 pm 

Wisconsin is going to road grate Western Michigan....

Western will not hold up against the run.....

Great season, Coach seems legit, good for the kids. undefeated is undefeated. But they don't have the horses for this rodeo......

biggest let downs come when big time programs with lax discipline policies underperform during year and a bunch of the elite players are thinking combine instead of bowl game.......that ain't Wisconsin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next