It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heismock Trophy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:43 am 

1.) Adoree’ Jackson 5’11 185 CB USC- Just now sitting down to watch the Heisman trophy presentation. Pathletic I know. I guess I'm one of the few people who watches it but what can I say I enjoy it. Anyway, if Jabril Peppers and Adoree’ Jackson were both available for the Steelers, I’d take Jackson and it’s not close. How this electrifying, Olympic caliber athlete was not at least invited to New York for tonight’s Heisman Trophy ceremony blows my little mind. I know I'm repeating myself with this kid, but I think he’s the most exciting player in college football and would be an incredible weapon for the Steelers defense and special teams. Strike a pose Adoree’, you may not have won the Heisman but you just won the first annual Drama Trophy Award!

2.) Jarrad Davis 6’1 238 ILB Florida- With Timmons having a very good year I’d be surprised if he’s not back next year. Still, he’s played a lot of football and Shazier is prone to injury so I think it’s a position worth addressing with the quarterback of the Gator defense. Dig this kid.

3.) Ryan Anderson 6’2 253 Edge Alabama- Not the explosive athlete of teammate Timmy Williams, but this Anderson kid is the one who always seems to come up with the big play. This “fast riser” is a “plug and play” starter for the Steelers front 7 desperate for pass rushers.

4.) Marcus Maye 5’11 215 S Florida- Ryan Clark deemed LSU “DBU” but I’m not so sure the Florida Gators aren’t more deserving of that moniker. Look no further than Maye’s former safetymate Keanu Neal who’s having a stellar rookie year for my transplant hometown team, the Craplanta Falcons. A broken forearm could help Maye slide into a “grand larceny” type selection here in rd 4.

4C) Wayne Gallman 6’1 215 RB Clemson- With Dabo hellbent on getting Deshaun Watson the Heisman trophy, Gallman was kind of (stupidly) the forgotten man in the Clemson offense in many games this season. DeAngelo Williams had some great games for the Steelers, but he’s of little use in the proverbial tub. Gallman is a similar back to Leveon in both build and ability.

5.) Devonte Fields 6’3 242 Edge Louisville- Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson did his part to carry the Louisville offense, but Fields and the defense weren’t as disruptive as they were in 2015. Fields decreased production and shady past could lead to a draft day slide.

6.) Nazair Jones 6’5 295 DT North Carolina- I guess one of the reasons I like the Heisman Trophy award show is I like hearing the stories of all the finalists. No better story than this kid Jones. During his senior season of high school Jones was diagnosed with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, which kept him to a wheelchair and caused a massive weight loss. This big 'sum bitch worked hard to become a dominant force along the Tar Heel front wall. Good stuff.

7.) Kevin Davis 6’2 240 LB Colorado St.- In my quest to upgrade our special teams unit I found this tackling machine who grew up on an army base in Germany before returning to the U.S. where he was a high school hockey star before leaving the ice for the gridiron at Joey Porter's old school.

7C.) Billy Brown 6’4 236 WR Shepherd- Every once in a while I just like to see if B2B is paying attention. Hell no I never saw a Shepherd game, but last year Shepherd knocked 10th ranked Slippery Rock out of the DII playoffs and this year they took out the top seed Cal Vulcans with this Brown kid hauling in 3 touchdown passes.

Thanks as always for reading. Going to be a snowy one tomorrow boys. Let's hope it's a good one.

Post subject: Re: Heismock Trophy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:18 am 

SteelDrama wrote:
1.) Adoree’ Jackson 5’11 185 CB USC- Just now sitting down to watch the Heisman trophy presentation. Pathletic I know. I guess I'm one of the few people who watches it but what can I say I enjoy it. Anyway, if Jabril Peppers and Adoree’ Jackson were both available for the Steelers, I’d take Jackson and it’s not close. How this electrifying, Olympic caliber athlete was not at least invited to New York for tonight’s Heisman Trophy ceremony blows my little mind. I know I'm repeating myself with this kid, but I think he’s the most exciting player in college football and would be an incredible weapon for the Steelers defense and special teams. Strike a pose Adoree’, you may not have won the Heisman but you just won the first annual Drama Trophy Award!

2.) Jarrad Davis 6’1 238 ILB Florida- With Timmons having a very good year I’d be surprised if he’s not back next year. Still, he’s played a lot of football and Shazier is prone to injury so I think it’s a position worth addressing with the quarterback of the Gator defense. Dig this kid.

3.) Ryan Anderson 6’2 253 Edge Alabama- Not the explosive athlete of teammate Timmy Williams, but this Anderson kid is the one who always seems to come up with the big play. This “fast riser” is a “plug and play” starter for the Steelers front 7 desperate for pass rushers.

4.) Marcus Maye 5’11 215 S Florida- Ryan Clark deemed LSU “DBU” but I’m not so sure the Florida Gators aren’t more deserving of that moniker. Look no further than Maye’s former safetymate Keanu Neal who’s having a stellar rookie year for my transplant hometown team, the Craplanta Falcons. A broken forearm could help Maye slide into a “grand larceny” type selection here in rd 4.

4C) Wayne Gallman 6’1 215 RB Clemson- With Dabo hellbent on getting Deshaun Watson the Heisman trophy, Gallman was kind of (stupidly) the forgotten man in the Clemson offense in many games this season. DeAngelo Williams had some great games for the Steelers, but he’s of little use in the proverbial tub. Gallman is a similar back to Leveon in both build and ability.

5.) Devonte Fields 6’3 242 Edge Louisville- Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson did his part to carry the Louisville offense, but Fields and the defense weren’t as disruptive as they were in 2015. Fields decreased production and shady past could lead to a draft day slide.

6.) Nazair Jones 6’5 295 DT North Carolina- I guess one of the reasons I like the Heisman Trophy award show is I like hearing the stories of all the finalists. No better story than this kid Jones. During his senior season of high school Jones was diagnosed with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, which kept him to a wheelchair and caused a massive weight loss. This big 'sum bitch worked hard to become a dominant force along the Tar Heel front wall. Good stuff.

7.) Kevin Davis 6’2 240 LB Colorado St.- In my quest to upgrade our special teams unit I found this tackling machine who grew up on an army base in Germany before returning to the U.S. where he was a high school hockey star before leaving the ice for the gridiron at Joey Porter's old school.

7C.) Billy Brown 6’4 236 WR Shepherd- Every once in a while I just like to see if B2B is paying attention. Hell no I never saw a Shepherd game, but last year Shepherd knocked 10th ranked Slippery Rock out of the DII playoffs and this year they took out the top seed Cal Vulcans with this Brown kid hauling in 3 touchdown passes.

Thanks as always for reading. Going to be a snowy one tomorrow boys. Let's hope it's a good one.

I get a notification on my phone whenever a B2B Directional guy is mentioned on the site.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:21 am 

I'd take this draft and be very happy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:42 am 

If Fields fell that far it is on character issues. Do you think the Steeler take him then?

And Jackson is a piss poor CB to take in the 1st round. He needs way more seasoning at that position. Get caught looking into the backfield too much. Is great for short area recovery but his instincts and route recognition suck. I agree he is quite a weapon at PR but he is an athlete only. He has zero polish at WR or CB. Just not worth the risk in the 1st round.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:18 am 

The only guy I don't like is Fields, looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. Not to mention he's a total shit head.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:40 pm 

Yes I'm overselling Adoree' Jackson and realize the Steelers will most likely draft for their biggest need which is clearly pass rusher. They drafted for need last year with Artie burns a raw, unpolished corner with a strong track background that interfered with his development as a football player. Jackson has an even stronger track background and his development further hindered by his use on offense.

Daniel Jeremiahs scouting report of Jackson pointed out peaking into the backfield as Jacksons biggest weakness. Peaking into the backfield is a really easy fix. The great ones all do that. Deion, Rod Woodson and Darrell Green types all know no wr can run with them so they're always looking to make that big play. That's what Jackson is a BIG PLAY waiting to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:02 am 

I just have a hard time getting behind any draft that doesn't reflect the dire straights the OLB position is in. Jarvis is a bust who hits FA and Harrison will either retire or come back as a nearly 40 year old player. Neither is good. That leave Dupree and Chickillo. The cupboard is close to bare. I'd rather see them pull a Ditka/Ricky Williams deal and trade the entire class to go get the edge rusher they need.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:24 pm 

SP wrote:
I just have a hard time getting behind any draft that doesn't reflect the dire straights the OLB position is in. Jarvis is a bust who hits FA and Harrison will either retire or come back as a nearly 40 year old player. Neither is good. That leave Dupree and Chickillo. The cupboard is close to bare. I'd rather see them pull a Ditka/Ricky Williams deal and trade the entire class to go get the edge rusher they need.

I would certainly give up a second and a fourth if it got us Derek Barnett, say at 9-11 OA. Probably still not enough, but we'll see. Lots of overanalysis left to go.