It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mocking Stuffers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:50 pm 

1.) Carl Lawson 6’2 253 EDGE Auburn- Like many of you, there are times I can watch a college kid and just know he’s going to be a good pro. Vic Beasley was one of those kids. At Clemson, he reminded me of Peter Boulware coming around the corner. Now a Falcon, Beasley and his 14.5 sacks have him in the running for DPOY. Lawson? I just DON’T know. I like what I’ve read and he certainly fills the greatest position of need but I watched him intently against UGA and the kid didn’t do much of anything as Montravius Adams dominated that contest. Against Bama he was even more invisible. Lawson only has like 28 tackles on the year with 9 of them sacks so I’m guessing he isn’t a force against the run. More worrisome is him missing 19 of 26 games before not missing a game this year for the Tigers. Still, there’s no denying Lawson is a relentless pass rusher getting by Laremy Tunsil last year for 2.5 sacks. Lawson can make himself a lot of money in a stiff test against Zeus’ kid and the high powered passing attack of Oklahoma. Stay tuned.

2.) Jake Butt 6’5 250 TE Michigan- Thanks to my in-laws, I HATE Michigan, but even more than Michigan (and my in-laws) I hate concussions. I’m hoping LaDarius Green can overcome his latest concussion, but given his history a replacement maybe needed. This Butt kid looks like a “plug and play” Heath Miller type of TE in that he won’t be a seam stretcher like Green, but he would give Ben a great weapon within the 20 yard range. Hate Big Blue, but love me some Butt. Who knows maybe chants of “Heeeeath” will one day be replaced by “Buuuutttt.” That’s just dumb Drama.

3.) Travis Rudolph 6’1 189 WR Florida St- Yes, Christmas is almost here but I’m not referencing a red nose reindeer with this pick. THIS Rudolph was rated the No. 1 WR in the country coming out of high school in 2014. I watched Florida St. get bounced by an underdog Houston team in last year’s bowl game, but Rudolph was simply dynamic dropping 200 yds on the upstart Cougs. Still, stats don’t tell the story on this kid. The definition of a playmaker, this kid has dazzling moves in the open field, yet can also take the lid off a defense. Hopefully, Martavis Bryant will be less naughty and more nice this year. If Bryant doesn’t return, I sign a veteran wr like Larry Fitzgerald or Brandon Marshall and draft Rudolph who would be a tremendous addition to the offense and a “grand larceny” selection here in rd 3.

4.) Alvin Kamara 5’10 215 RB Tennessee- Like Rudolph, I REALLY hope Kamara declares for the draft. With Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, Elijah Hood, and Royce Freeman all opting to return to school, this vaunted rb crop is thinning out a bit so getting a day 3 steal becomes less likely. I’m all over my Buckeyes’ Curtis Samuel, but Kamara is also a very exciting runner and receiving weapon who would be an excellent complement to Leveon Bell. With AB, Bell, Martavis, Rudolph, Kamara, and Butt, Ben’s stocking will be properly stuffed. Now get your shit together Haley before I grab a Titleist out of MY stocking and drive it up your ass!

4C.) Montravius Adams 6’4 309 DT Auburn- Gotta pair him with his teammate Carl Lawson right? Anyway, I’m officially worried about the state of the Steelers’ defensive line. I’m all for next man up but man this team is just snakebit by injuries. The whole league is really. The teams with the deepest rosters are going to be the ones still standing come playoff time. I know I’ve mocked Adams before, but like Santa binging on milk and cookies, I just can’t help myself.

5.) Hunter Dimick 6’3 273 EDGE Utah- A tone setter and true War Daddy with 15 sacks and an unheard of 74 qb pressures this year. There just aren’t enough superlatives to describe this kid. Utah’s all-time sack leader is just a fierce, violent, ultra-competitive, relentless football breathing dragon that I badly want on my football team.

6.) Cornelius Elder 5’10 175 CB Miami- Back to “The U” for Artie Burns’ running mate. Much like Yukon Cornelius and the abominable snowman, “Corn” won’t back down from a fight. This scrappy little dude loves to tackle coming up with an impressive 69 tackles this season for the Canes. A dynamic return man, this Elder kid would be an ideal successor to the nickel role currently occupied by William Gay.

6C) Xavier Woods 5’11 219 S Louisiana Tech- Sitting here watching the LA Tech and Navy barnburner via DVR so I figure it’s about time I introduced you fellas to this 3 time all-conference 1st team tackling machine. Not just an in the box blaster, Woods recorded 5 ints this season which can be attributed to his much renowned work ethic. Coaches often had to throw Woods out of the film room so they could go home for the night. An Academic All-american, this kid is the inspirational leader of his Bulldogs’ team. Good stuff.

7.) Larry Ogunjobi 6’2 294 DT Charlotte- Like Javon Hargrave, this small school kid could enjoy a “metoric rise” up the draft board if he performs well in post season all-star games. Started all 34 games of the Charlotte program’s existence. Son of Nigerian immigrants, this kid is not just a dominating nose tackle, he’s an all-academic performer with designs on going to med school. Those plans will have to wait until after he’s done taking Daniel McCullers place on the Steelers’ roster.

7C) Deon Watson 6’4 222 Hybrid WR/TE Idaho- What can I say I love me some bowl pick ‘em so I did indeed watch the Idaho Potato Bowl last night where I saw this Watson kid catch a 51 yd bomb and 74 yd TD from Scott Linehan’s son. Ben can't have too many weapons just like my kids can't have too many presents.

Thanks as always for reading. All I want for Christmas is peace on earth, good will toward men, and a Steelers victory over the Ravens. Merry Christmas fellas.

Post subject: Re: Mocking Stuffers
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:34 pm 

Merry Christmas and Happy Steelers Win Over The Ravens to you, also!

Post subject: Re: Mocking Stuffers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:39 pm 

1) Raekwon McMillan ILB 6'2 240 Ohio State
2) Carl Lawson OLB 6'2 257 Auburn
3) Justin Evans FS 6'0 190 Texas A&M
4) Jarron Jones DE/DT 6'5 315 Notre Dame
4C) Damore'ea Stringfellow WR 6'2 212 Ole MIss
5) Brandon Facyson CB 6'1 191 Virginia Tech
6) Darius Hamilton OLB 6'4 255 Rutgers
6C) Andrew Brown DT/DE 6'4 290 Virginia
7) J.J. Dielman OG 6'5 300 Utah
7C) Elijah McGuire RB 5'10 208 UL-Lafayette