It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mock and Peppers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:09 am 

1.) Jabril Peppers 6’1 205 Hybrid S Michigan- Mocking this kid for discussion purposes. Seems to be sliding down draft boards. Is it because he played “13 different positions” at Shitigan or the fact he was injured down the stretch run? Should he fall to the Steelers, I think I move Sean Davis to free safety and groom Peppers to play strong safety where he can cause chaos closer to the line of scrimmage. I can let go of my Michigan hate if you fellas dig this kid. Let me know your thoughts.

2.) TJ Watt 6’4 243 EDGE Wisconsin- “Repeat much Drama? You dumbass.” Yes. Yes, I do. Here’s my vision. Bring back HOFer James Harrison for one more season. Let Watt learn from the best and ultimately form one helluva pass rushing tandem with the emerging Bud Dupree. A decade of pure chaos and mayhem. And can you imagine the physical specimen Deebo and JJ Watt will turn this kid into??? Jeezus the kid will be a trained killer.

3.) Jourdan Lewis 5’10 185 CB Michigan- Ok I don’t drink often, but when I do I mock not one, but two of Jim Harbaugh's boys to my beloved Steelers. Daniel Jeremiah wrote that an “executive” told him 15 corners could be drafted in the top 40 this year. THAT my friends is a seriously deep corner class! Perhaps this Lewis kid being a little on the small side, slides due to that depth…and the fact he voluntarily wears the maize and blue. “Pure” Michigan. Fuck that state. “You’ve got a friend…IN PENNSYLVANIA!”

4.) Noah Brown 6’2 222 WR Ohio St- His early entry to the draft kind of surprised me. I don’t need to re-watch his amazing behind the back catch against Oklahoma to know the kid is a helluva an athlete. Whether it was due to poor quarterback play or piss poor coaching, Brown didn’t have the year I thought he would after that breakout game against OU. Team needs a bonafide #2, if a WR is picked earlier than this it will tell you all you need to know about Tombert's opinion of Martavis Bryant. Oh, and if I hear Antonio Brown singing one more time on that annoying as hell Madden commerical I'm going to...well I'm not going to do anything but it's enough already!

4C) Adam Shaheen 6’5 277 TE Ashland- Who? Hell if I know. Every once in a while I like to see if B2B is paying attention. Here’s a big ‘sum bitch that has caught 26 TDs the past two seasons and set several DII TE receiving records. Lot of talk about LaDarius Green never playing football again. Good thing this is a deep TE class because the Steelers are going to draft one at some point.

5.) Garrett Sickels 6’4 250 EDGE Penn St.- In the NFL you can’t have enough pass rushers and you can’t win a title without tremedous depth. Love this Sickels kid. Man, does he ever jump up when then ball is snapped. Just an all-out hustler. A warrior who will not be outworked on or off the field. A film junky, coach on the field, and team leader for the black and gold.

6.) James Connor 6’2 240 RB Pitt- Have the Steelers ever drafted Pitt and Penn St players in the same draft? If I have my way they will. Great to see both schools have such great years with PSU winning the Big Ten and beating my Buckeyes and of course Pitt taking down the National Champion Clemson Tigers. Anyway, One of the reasons I love the draft so much is reading about the stories of these kids. We all know Connor’s story, but after watching the pregame piece on ESPN before the disappointing bowl game loss to Northwestern, I knew then and there I wanted Connor to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. Leveon Bell is clearly the man, but James Connor is more than a man, he’s a hero. Salute.

7.) Charles Walker 6’2 304 DT Oklahoma-While James Connor is a never say die, never quit, never give up, warrior, this Walker kid is a quitter. Or is he? Ok he is but in his defense just hearing the word “concussion” has to scare the shit out of today’s college kid. So Walker got one and with just two games left in the regular season he did in fact quit OU to prepare for the NFL draft. Is this noble? Nope. Is he the diehard, war daddy, team leader I often mock for our beloved Steelers? Nope. But he is a pretty good football player and along with LT Walton will provide that depth a team needs to win a Super Bowl.

7C) Collin Bevins 6’5 296 DE Northwest Missouri St- Hell no I’ve never seen a Northwest Missouri St football game but I never saw a Northern Colorado game either. With Aaron Smith like size and 33 career sacks here’s hoping Steeler scouts find another small school gem. Call this a JuJu pick with the Steelers playing in icy Kansas City, Missouri this weekend.

Thanks as always for reading. I’m nervous about Sunday, but I’m optimistic our boys will find a way to beat the elements and the Chiefs. Enjoy the game fellas.

Post subject: Re: Mock and Peppers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:28 am 

:shock: :shock: WHERE IS MY HUNTER DIMICK!!! :shock: :shock:

:D You said he would be in all of your drafts :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:11 am 

jebrick wrote:
:shock: :shock: WHERE IS MY HUNTER DIMICK!!! :shock: :shock:

:D You said he would be in all of your drafts :D

I think he substituted Sickels as his "War Daddy" in this mock. Great draft Drama, I could definitely live with this one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:21 am 

Peppers is the most overrated player ever, he gets a ton of press but the guy sucks in coverage.

I think he's got a better chance to be a RB than a DB and he's too small to play LB.

Big fan of adding Watt to this team, he's going to be good.

Noah Brown is an intriguing option, he has plenty of talent.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:24 pm 

Solid draft Drama as always. I would be happy with that haul as well.

1. Charles Harris Edge 6'3 255 Missouri
2. Marcus Williams FS 6'0 195 Utah
3. Jarron Jones DL 6'5 315 Notre Dame
4. Chidobe Awuzie CB 5'11 203 Colorado
4c. Cole Hikutini TE 6'4 248 Louisville
5. Kyle Fuller OC/OG 6'4 310 Baylor
6. Riley Bullough ILB 6'1 227 Michigan State
7. Matthew Dayes RB 5'8 203 NC State
7c. RJ Shelton WR 5'11 202 Michigan State

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:30 pm 

smithessmokin wrote:
Peppers is the most overrated player ever, he gets a ton of press but the guy sucks in coverage.

I agree...was going to post the same. Beat me too it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:13 pm 

So that's two emphatic NOs for Peppers. I try to avoid watching Michigan whenever possible so not going to agree or disagree I just think if Harbaugh would've just let this kid play one position he would've been much better off. Who knows maybe Jim will talk John into drafting him for the Ravens then I'll really hope Y'all are right and Peppers busts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:29 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
So that's two emphatic NOs for Peppers. I try to avoid watching Michigan whenever possible so not going to agree or disagree I just think if Harbaugh would've just let this kid play one position he would've been much better off. Who knows maybe Jim will talk John into drafting him for the Ravens then I'll really hope Y'all are right and Peppers busts

I've had this debate with a lot of people in IU's recruiting offense that he should've been a running back all along. That would've been his best chance in my opinion to prepare for the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:40 pm 

I just cant see TJ Watt falling to 60+. Might not make it to 40.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:24 am 

TJ Watt will be a board favorite 1st round selection come the draft. You're right, no way he makes it to 40.