It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Boston Mocksacre
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:40 pm 

Sadly, Tombert won’t do much of anything this offseason, but if they were truly serious about getting to another Super Bowl they sure as shit would. Anyway, here’s MY way too early, not very organized, highly reactionary, off-season plan in the aftermath of last night’s massacre that took place in rural Boston.

*Sign quality veteran OLB Melvin Ingram. Money, Drama? Do you want another Super Bowl or not? He starts with Dupree. James Harrison waves in with a bunch of high motor white guys.

*IF Martavis Bryant does not return, sign a veteran WR hungry for a Super Bowl ring: Some possible names include Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon etc.

*Find a quality, veteran backup qb, a Matt Morris type. Ben not exactly durable.

*Then, I fire a shot or two across Tomlin’s bow. Fire a coach or 3. Danny Smith, Carnell Lake, Joey Porter for sure could go. Todd Haley and Keith Butler I’m guessing are not going anywhere, although if I had my way they would be.

Again, I know nothing will happen but it’s pretty obvious to me that NOBODY on Tomlin’s staff has an effing clue how to stop the Patriots so I’d go out and poach a couple coaches off their staff. Hell, go straight to the source and hire away Belichick’s own son Steve to coach the secondary. Try SOMETHING, ANYTHING, to beat these "assholes!"

1.) Corey Davis 6’3 213 WR Western Michigan- With (rare) free agent signee Melvin Ingram filling the pass rush void, I’m going shift my attention to finding AB a running-mate. I’d make a Santonio Holmes-like trade up for arguably the best wr in a weak class in Mr. Davis here. Even if Bryant does return for 2017, this unit is in dire need of retooling. “Retooling. I’ll RETOOL YOU!” Sammie Coates I would’ve cut in the locker room immediately after the game. Cobi Hamilton and DHB are not NFL quality WRs as we were painfully reminded in an embarrassing fashion at irritating razor stadium.

2.) Cordrea Tankersley 6’0 200 CB Clemson- I always associated minimum coverage with cut rate car insurance not an NFL secondary playing Tom Brady for the right to play in the Super Bowl. Piss poor coaching aside, my disdain for Ross Cockrell has increased to the point I’d have no problem drafting a corner in round 1. Several good ones this year including this Tankersley kid who inexplicably did not make the well connected, Daniel Jeremiah’s top 50 list so in my little mind he’s in play here late in round 2.

3.) Traded for Davis

4.) Traded for Davis

4C) Eddie Jackson 6’0 194 S Alabama- Not sure who played worse last night Sean Davis or Mike Mitchell. All I know is that a field general and playmaker is desperately needed in the deep patrol. I also know Nick Saban could’ve used Jackson against Clemson just like Mike Tomlin sure could’ve used this savvy, team leader against Brady and the albino jackrabbits last night in Foxboro/Foxborough or however the hell you spell it.

5.) Dietrich Wise 6’5 275 DE Arkansas-Was all over the field during the East-West Shrine game which I’m quite sure you intently watched Saturday afternoon. CBS still doesn’t think much of Wise ranking him as a 6-7th rd pick. I think he works his way up to early day 3, but for now I’ll call FC’s guy a “grand larceny” pick here in rd 5.

6.) Hunter Dimick 6’3 270 EDGE Utah- Was not on the field during the East-West Shrine game which I’m quite sure you intently watched Saturday afternoon. My guy Dimick here pulled out of the event due to injury. No matter, this pass rushing beast will be measured on his game tape not post season exhibitions.

6C) Eric Saubert 6’5 247 TE Drake- Somebody teach Mike Mayock to say the name “Eric.” It’s not “Aric” ya half-a meatball! Anyway, both Mayock and Jeremiah “loved the Drake” at the East-West practices this week calling this Saubert kid a non-blocking tight end who “can really run” and a “riser.” I think the Steelers draft a TE higher than this should LaDarius Green’s career be in fact over, but IF the wr group is significantly upgraded I think Jesse James, Grimble and a day 3 prospect would be an acceptable trio.

7.) Karter Schult 6’3 270 EDGE Northern Iowa- What can I say I like the relentless, war daddy types. Here’s yet another high motor pass rusher whose 17 sacks led the FCS this past season. Last year, I mocked you the 2015 FCS sack leader, Matt Judon, who had a very good rookie year for the Ravens. Why Tomlin and Butler opted to not blitz Brady is beyond my minimal level of comprehension, but if it’s me running the show I’m blitzing in waves of chaos and mayhem.

Thanks as always for reading. I've never claimed to be a coaching expert, but I’m still stupefied by the coaching decisions made by our beloved Steelers last night. Now I’m stuck hoping my transplant hometown Falcons find a way to thwart Belichick and Brady... in the Super Bowl. Sigh.

Post subject: Re: Boston Mocksacre
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:53 pm 

Interesting. i was just thinking they could trade back and get Marcus Williams for their 1st pick then someone like Ryan Anderson for the 2nd. Williams is a pure C2 FS with very good cover and ball skills.

Or a trade up in the 2nd to get him with a EDGE player in the 1st.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:23 pm 

Me personally, but if I trade that much to move up it better be a guy who starts day 1 without question.

I'm really hoping that Bryant gets back to this team. This team needs him and his talent so badly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:40 pm 

I agree with the assistant coach pink slips. Danny Smith may find himself in the unemployment line. Lake isn't on my list because I believe he has put both Burns and Davis in positions to be great. They still have a ways to go developmental wise putting things together. I am encouraged with the season both rookies had. Replacing Porter is high on the to do list. Bring in Kevin Greene to coach up those LBs. Since Greene left Greenbay I believe their LB'ing corps have fallen off a bit in production. I also agree, If the Steelers are serious about getting back to the postseason they have to consider FA as an option for pass rusher and receiver. I'm not entirely convinced Marty is done with off the field issues. If not, drafting a WR means he'll be sitting most the season so spending a high round pick is a bit on the risky side IMO. Perhaps, Noah Brown could miraculously fall to the end of the 4th RND? :mrgreen:
Pass rusher, Safety, DLine, TE, CB, WR, and RB are all positions of need IMO. Very good draft Drama. Be happy with all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:25 am 

SteelDrama wrote:

Sadly, Tombert won’t do much of anything this offseason, but if they were truly serious about getting to another Super Bowl they sure as shit would. Anyway, here’s MY way too early, not very organized, highly reactionary, off-season plan in the aftermath of last night’s massacre that took place in rural Boston.

*Sign quality veteran OLB Melvin Ingram. Money, Drama? Do you want another Super Bowl or not? He starts with Dupree. James Harrison waves in with a bunch of high motor white guys.

*IF Martavis Bryant does not return, sign a veteran WR hungry for a Super Bowl ring: Some possible names include Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon etc.

*Find a quality, veteran backup qb, a Matt Morris type. Ben not exactly durable.

*Then, I fire a shot or two across Tomlin’s bow. Fire a coach or 3. Danny Smith, Carnell Lake, Joey Porter for sure could go. Todd Haley and Keith Butler I’m guessing are not going anywhere, although if I had my way they would be.

Again, I know nothing will happen but it’s pretty obvious to me that NOBODY on Tomlin’s staff has an effing clue how to stop the Patriots so I’d go out and poach a couple coaches off their staff. Hell, go straight to the source and hire away Belichick’s own son Steve to coach the secondary. Try SOMETHING, ANYTHING, to beat these "assholes!"

1.) Corey Davis 6’3 213 WR Western Michigan- With (rare) free agent signee Melvin Ingram filling the pass rush void, I’m going shift my attention to finding AB a running-mate. I’d make a Santonio Holmes-like trade up for arguably the best wr in a weak class in Mr. Davis here. Even if Bryant does return for 2017, this unit is in dire need of retooling. “Retooling. I’ll RETOOL YOU!” Sammie Coates I would’ve cut in the locker room immediately after the game. Cobi Hamilton and DHB are not NFL quality WRs as we were painfully reminded in an embarrassing fashion at irritating razor stadium.

2.) Cordrea Tankersley 6’0 200 CB Clemson- I always associated minimum coverage with cut rate car insurance not an NFL secondary playing Tom Brady for the right to play in the Super Bowl. Piss poor coaching aside, my disdain for Ross Cockrell has increased to the point I’d have no problem drafting a corner in round 1. Several good ones this year including this Tankersley kid who inexplicably did not make the well connected, Daniel Jeremiah’s top 50 list so in my little mind he’s in play here late in round 2.

3.) Traded for Davis

4.) Traded for Davis

4C) Eddie Jackson 6’0 194 S Alabama- Not sure who played worse last night Sean Davis or Mike Mitchell. All I know is that a field general and playmaker is desperately needed in the deep patrol. I also know Nick Saban could’ve used Jackson against Clemson just like Mike Tomlin sure could’ve used this savvy, team leader against Brady and the albino jackrabbits last night in Foxboro/Foxborough or however the hell you spell it.

5.) Dietrich Wise 6’5 275 DE Arkansas-Was all over the field during the East-West Shrine game which I’m quite sure you intently watched Saturday afternoon. CBS still doesn’t think much of Wise ranking him as a 6-7th rd pick. I think he works his way up to early day 3, but for now I’ll call FC’s guy a “grand larceny” pick here in rd 5.

6.) Hunter Dimick 6’3 270 EDGE Utah- Was not on the field during the East-West Shrine game which I’m quite sure you intently watched Saturday afternoon. My guy Dimick here pulled out of the event due to injury. No matter, this pass rushing beast will be measured on his game tape not post season exhibitions.

6C) Eric Saubert 6’5 247 TE Drake- Somebody teach Mike Mayock to say the name “Eric.” It’s not “Aric” ya half-a meatball! Anyway, both Mayock and Jeremiah “loved the Drake” at the East-West practices this week calling this Saubert kid a non-blocking tight end who “can really run” and a “riser.” I think the Steelers draft a TE higher than this should LaDarius Green’s career be in fact over, but IF the wr group is significantly upgraded I think Jesse James, Grimble and a day 3 prospect would be an acceptable trio.

7.) Karter Schult 6’3 270 EDGE Northern Iowa- What can I say I like the relentless, war daddy types. Here’s yet another high motor pass rusher whose 17 sacks led the FCS this past season. Last year, I mocked you the 2015 FCS sack leader, Matt Judon, who had a very good rookie year for the Ravens. Why Tomlin and Butler opted to not blitz Brady is beyond my minimal level of comprehension, but if it’s me running the show I’m blitzing in waves of chaos and mayhem.

Thanks as always for reading. I've never claimed to be a coaching expert, but I’m still stupefied by the coaching decisions made by our beloved Steelers last night. Now I’m stuck hoping my transplant hometown Falcons find a way to thwart Belichick and Brady... in the Super Bowl. Sigh.

Corey Davis is a stud. I have him ranked inside my top 15 players. Melvin Ingram is the closest thing to James Harrison playing style wise in the NFL. That's my unrealistic FA dream signing. Big fan of Tankersly and Jackson as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:00 pm 

Been saying this for a while now, Corey Davis is the best skill player in this draft. Pro-ready day 1. He will end up no later than #13 to the Cardinals.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:14 pm 

I'd be ok for a trade up but not for a WR, I'd say for an OLB, or a safety.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:42 pm 

Go up for Mike Williams and give up less.