It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lets do something different mock
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:08 am 

The draft unfolds and the Steelers sit like a lump at their table. Charles Harris is taken by GB just before the Steelers pick. As Tomlin prepares to sprint to the podium, Colbert restrains him. The Steelers take their full time and then announce a trade. SteelerFury and Steeler Nation freak out!!
Steelers trade back 8 picks to the 2nd with the Chargers pick up a 5th

2.38) T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin Has a high ceiling.
Steelers trade 2nd and 6th to TB move up in the 2nd round
2.49) Marcus Williams, S, Utah Steeler fans further freak out as the Steelers move up 11 spots to grab the best cover 2 FS in the draft.
3.94) Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson Inconsistent in effort cause Leggett to fall. The Steelers take a chance on what he could be in the NFL
4) Hunter Dimick EDGE Utah - Keep Drama's War Daddy on the list.
4c) Noah Brown, WR, Ohio State I would freak out at this selection. All speed and very little training but the best ceiling for the WR remaining in the draft.
5a) Elijah McGuire, RB, La.-Lafayette - compares well to Kenneth Dixon
5b) Deatrich Wise Jr., DE, Arkansas I will trust FC on this. He has the build to work well in the NFL
7)Collin Bevins, DE, Northwest Missouri State - Homage to B2B Directional State. This guy is a beast that just needs some weight and time to become a very good Steeler DE.

Post subject: Re: Lets do something different mock
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:16 pm 

I like it, I'd like it better with a corner in the 3rd or wide receiver with speed over the tight end.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:27 pm 

I made it before the Green announcement, i would take Kevin King or Fabian Moreau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:07 am 

jebrick wrote:
I made it before the Green announcement, i would take Kevin King or Fabian Moreau

Big fan of Moreau.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:57 am 

I'm digging a couple of corners, Awuzie from Colorado is one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:12 am 

Noah Brown is a WR that could go in the 2nd or go undrafted. 1 year of starting and needs a lot of work. Has the athletic abilities. The key will be how teachable is he and how are his hands.

I normally hate taking WR that are total projects but it is swing for the fence time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:27 am 

I'm going to assume the Steelers select a TE at some point. Green may be saying he's not retiring but he's proven with steelers and San Diego he can't be trusted to stay healthy.

Smith, mayock and Jeremiah all over Fabian Moreau last week at shrine game with Jeremiah saying he could go in round 1.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:38 am 

SteelDrama wrote:
I'm going to assume the Steelers select a TE at some point. Green may be saying he's not retiring but he's proven with steelers and San Diego he can't be trusted to stay healthy.

Smith, mayock and Jeremiah all over Fabian Moreau last week at shrine game with Jeremiah saying he could go in round 1.

I disagree on the TE. The Steelers carried 4 TEs last season for the entire year. I think they are comfortable with what they have.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:03 am 

jebrick wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:

I disagree on the TE. The Steelers carried 4 TEs last season for the entire year. I think they are comfortable with what they have.

I could agree IF the Steelers are confident in the return of Martavis Bryant or spend a high draft pick on a WR. That would negate the need for a down field threat at TE. Just use James as safety valve type.

I could also agree if Steelers change coordinators or more likely change their mind about incorporating a vertical, seam stretching TE into the offense as was the plan when they signed Green in the first place.

Personally, I think they release Green and draft a receiving TE to complement James. Good year to do it with a very deep class of TEs.