It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This Draft Class
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:28 pm 

Is just about the best TE class I can remember. CB is deep again, also.

Post subject: Re: This Draft Class
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:39 pm 

TE:
Howard and Njoku get 1st round grades from me.
Engram, I'm not sure if he's a big WR or small TE, but he's up there too.
Leggett and Hodges are 2nd round talent. Jake Butt without the injury should be in this range.
6 guys with legit top 60 potential is a nice TE class. There are a handful of mid rounders with good potential as well, but the talent at the top.

CB
It's a good year to want a big press corner. Lattimore, Humphrey, Tabor, Conley, Tankersly, Moreau, Wilson, Douglas, King are all in that 6'0 200 lb mold. The mid round depth quality is really strong. Kazee, the two guys from Colorado, Elder, Penton can all play and help a team.

The pass rushers is a deep but flawed group. After the first few sure things come off the board, the rest have issues. I think some will be really good, some will be mediocre, some will bust.

RB group is really good and deep. The Steelers badly need to take some of the load off of Bell. There will be very good talent throughout the draft at RB. Mixon is a 1st round talent that will fall because he threw a right cross at a chick. Eljah McGuire's name will rise as people begin to study him. Very talented player. Kamara, McNichols, Gallman all fit the modern NFL RB position and can be weapons in the passing game. Even late round / UDFA types like DAngelo Henderson can contribute to teams early.

Safety group has high end talent at the top and a little depth, not great. QB crop sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:09 pm 

SP wrote:
The pass rushers is a deep but flawed group. After the first few sure things come off the board, the rest have issues. I think some will be really good, some will be mediocre, some will bust.

Perch or B2B: What are your thoughts on drafting Tim WIlliams from Bama or Tanoh Kpassagnon from Villanova?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:38 pm 

Silverback92 wrote:
SP wrote:

Perch or B2B: What are your thoughts on drafting Tim WIlliams from Bama or Tanoh Kpassagnon from Villanova?

Williams can rush the passer. He has reportedly failed multiple drug tests. Do we need another one of those guys? TK from Nova can't play. Bunch of draft nerds are jerkin off over his physique, can't play.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:16 am 

I think Williams has reached his ceiling. I am not a fan. I like Takkarist McKinley or Charles Harris.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:37 am 

Williams is without a doubt the most explosive pass rusher of the three, no question. It's the other stuff with him that is the issue. McKinley played like he was made of velcro against better competition. Hit the tackle and stuck to him. A couple other games he got good pressure. No questioning his motor though, he hustles. I'm not sure I draft Williams at all if his issues don't check out, so maybe McKinley is the guy at 30. I think I'd take him over Harris.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:55 am 

I look at all of the OLBs as raw material. Most of them have very little training beyond a few moves. None of that bothers me if they can get off the ball and are teachable.

I would agree that Williams is the most pro ready of any of the other players. All depends on the drug tests and who is on the board. Colbert and Co may shy away as the amount of fines they have paid because of the suspensions of their players due to drug issues has been high the last 2 years.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:52 pm 

SP wrote:
TE:
Howard and Njoku get 1st round grades from me.
Engram, I'm not sure if he's a big WR or small TE, but he's up there too.
Leggett and Hodges are 2nd round talent. Jake Butt without the injury should be in this range.
6 guys with legit top 60 potential is a nice TE class. There are a handful of mid rounders with good potential as well, but the talent at the top.

CB
It's a good year to want a big press corner. Lattimore, Humphrey, Tabor, Conley, Tankersly, Moreau, Wilson, Douglas, King are all in that 6'0 200 lb mold. The mid round depth quality is really strong. Kazee, the two guys from Colorado, Elder, Penton can all play and help a team.

RB group is really good and deep. The Steelers badly need to take some of the load off of Bell. There will be very good talent throughout the draft at RB. Mixon is a 1st round talent that will fall because he threw a right cross at a chick. Eljah McGuire's name will rise as people begin to study him. Very talented player. Kamara, McNichols, Gallman all fit the modern NFL RB position and can be weapons in the passing game. Even late round / UDFA types like DAngelo Henderson can contribute to teams early.

Safety group has high end talent at the top and a little depth, not great. QB crop sucks.

There are at least two TEs you didn't mention I would take as better values than many of the names you mentioned.

I'm about 1/4 of the way into looking at edge guys, and I've only been impressed by 3-4 of them, with varying degrees of polish and availability.

I think Deangelo Henderson is a UDFA and is a better fit as a Steelers backup than almost anyone I've seen so far. I've been a fan since Coastal's first FCS playoff run. Plus, they can just refer to backup RB as Deangelo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:45 am 

That why the Steelers need to sign a Fa pass rusher too. But like the ability to add a quality Te

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:40 pm 

Potentially a great safety group. The steelers needs are well represented in this draft. They better not fuck it up.