It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: This Draft Class
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:53 pm 

SP wrote:
I've been watching more Carl Lawson tape. Opinions of him are all across the board, top 10 pick to late day 2 guy. All I know is he has a quick get off and a couple of moves that allow him to get to the QB in short order. Injuries are a concern, but of the late 1st round group he might be our best option.

Pre-combine-- which as you all know I think is a factor for predicting edge rusher success... I have Lawson at #6-7 edge. I have Barnett (safest), Garrett, (best all-around... young, safe, upside), Tim Williams (off-field is a big unknown), Solomon Thomas (young potential), and a mystery edge or two I might put above Lawson. I am down on McKinley and haven't seen the magic Harris tape that sells me. I am intrigued by a couple of the mid major guys but IMO they are mid round picks to develop, not safe bets.

If I am forced to pick an edge at 1.30, I'm probably not taking Lawson over a couple other available guys. After the combine, I think my mystery guy's names will be front and center.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:00 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
SP wrote:
I've been watching more Carl Lawson tape. Opinions of him are all across the board, top 10 pick to late day 2 guy. All I know is he has a quick get off and a couple of moves that allow him to get to the QB in short order. Injuries are a concern, but of the late 1st round group he might be our best option.

Pre-combine-- which as you all know I think is a factor for predicting edge rusher success... I have Lawson at #6-7 edge. I have Barnett (safest), Garrett, (best all-around... young, safe, upside), Tim Williams (off-field is a big unknown), Solomon Thomas (young potential), and a mystery edge or two I might put above Lawson. I am down on McKinley and haven't seen the magic Harris tape that sells me. I am intrigued by a couple of the mid major guys but IMO they are mid round picks to develop, not safe bets.

If I am forced to pick an edge at 1.30, I'm probably not taking Lawson over a couple other available guys. After the combine, I think my mystery guy's names will be front and center.

Have you watched Rivers from YSU? A lot to like there. I have him clearly over Anderson from Bama among others. Late 2nd or 3rd rounder for me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:08 pm 

SP wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
SP wrote:

Have you watched Rivers from YSU? A lot to like there. I have him clearly over Anderson from Bama among others. Late 2nd or 3rd rounder for me.

That's my dude. I'm always reluctant to be the first to mention anyone here... but Rivers might end up being a late 1st rounder after the combine and Senior Bowl. Very intriguing talent. Purely on the field-- I'd take Williams, I think... but Rivers overall might be a better Steelers fit. I think Rivers and Wise and Barnett are all intriguing also because they could be inside rushers in nickel.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:33 pm 

Quote:
I'm always reluctant to be the first to mention anyone here.

Not so fast my friend

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7379

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:56 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Quote:

Not so fast my friend

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7379

I saw him play in person during the playoffs. He's a big man and has some serious get off.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:37 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Quote:

Not so fast my friend

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7379

a steal in the 7th, buddy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:49 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:
Quote:

Not so fast my friend

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7379

Back on October 14th he was, buddy.
He definitely showed well Senior Bowl week but the O-line talent there was pretty weak IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:02 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
He definitely showed well Senior Bowl week but the O-line talent there was pretty weak IMO.

We'll see. You know I'm into the testing for sorting out the edge guys.

You've been doing a great job of covering a lot of ground through the course of all the mocks. Good discussion.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:05 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Back on October 14th he was, buddy.

He's not your buddy, guy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:21 pm 

this kind of joke gives me the blues

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next