It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mockbile, Alabama
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:41 pm 

He is a project that has great explosion off the snap. He has played with his hand on the ground his entire career. I think 5th round is about right for him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:51 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
I agree with the Dobbs over Kelly statement. Hunt will not be there in the 5th. He's solidifying himself as a 3rd to early 4th kind of a pick.

Yeah-- too good, even in a league that has de-emphasized RB in the draft.

What's your take on Michael Roberts. I don't know if he's a big upgrade over what we have here, but I like that he's a better player than testing guy.

Michael Roberts is a nice player. Pros: Great hands, huge target, good route runner, very productive the last 2 seasons. 20+ TDs Cons: Average blocker for his size, going to run 4.8-4.9 40 yd dash.

Not sure if he an upgrade or more of a lateral addition. Had good practice weeks at both the Shrine and Senior Bowl. I feel like he will be a 4th to 5th round selection. I would be happy in the 5th round range myself. I think he has a lot of upside.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:03 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
I agree with the Dobbs over Kelly statement. Hunt will not be there in the 5th. He's solidifying himself as a 3rd to early 4th kind of a pick.

Yeah-- too good, even in a league that has de-emphasized RB in the draft.

What's your take on Michael Roberts. I don't know if he's a big upgrade over what we have here, but I like that he's a better player than testing guy.

Michael Roberts is a nice player. Pros: Great hands, huge target, good route runner, very productive the last 2 seasons. 20+ TDs Cons: Average blocker for his size, going to run 4.8-4.9 40 yd dash.

Not sure if he an upgrade or more of a lateral addition. Had good practice weeks at both the Shrine and Senior Bowl. I feel like he will be a 4th to 5th round selection. I would be happy in the 5th round range myself. I think he has a lot of upside.

I sort of agreed with Mayock saying Roberts plays faster than he times-- I'm not sure he makes our group better, since he's not a great blocker at this point.