It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Get Past The Pats Mock
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:32 pm 

How do you beat the evil empire? Press man coverage and a better 4 man pass rush seems like a good start. For the sake of living in my hopes and not my fears let's assume a few positive things. The team goes out and lands one big FA, Melvin Ingram, and otherwise signs it's own guys. Timmons is back to a modest veteran deal. Bell and Brown get their long term deals, Martavis finds Jesus who comes in and heals Ladarius. Assuming Gay is washed up, Golson is a never was, and the team doesn't intend to extend Ross Cockrell, they'll need a lot of secondary help. Here is my best attempt at fixing the defense, rebuilding the secondary, and beating those cheating bastards from New England:

1. TreDavious White CB LSU
A tick undersized, but competes and has top notch coverage skills. He can play inside or out depending on opponent and situation. I liken him to Chris Harris of the Broncos who has held NE's receivers in check over the years.

2. Marcus Williams - FS Utah
While Mike Mitchell is a big hitting enforcer, Williams is about speed and ball skills. Instead of going for the kill shot and missing or getting fooled by play action, Williams plays the ball.

3. Rasul Douglas - CB - WVU
Big physical boundary corner, big attitude, tone setter.

4. Obi Melifonwu - SS - UCONN
Big, physical, can run, and able to play either safety spot. Somebody to shut down Gronk. Quality depth and a versatile piece to the puzzle.

5. Ejuan Price - OLB - Pitt
Situational edge rusher.

5c. Deatrich Wise - DE - Arkansas
More help on the edge.

6. Elijah McGuire - RB - Rajun Cajuns
Sub for Bell, versatile and explosive

7. Jonnu Smith - TE - FIU
He can really burn it up down the seam, and his blood has to be boiling after how his season ended. (OK, 'll stop now) Another weapon for the offense.

Post subject: Re: Get Past The Pats Mock
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:41 pm 

Quote:
Jonnu Smith - TE - FIU
He can really burn it up down the seam, and his blood has to be boiling after how his season ended. (OK, 'll stop now) Another weapon for the offense.

Ok i laughed but what kind of sick bitch does that to a guy? They're out there I guess.
Totally agree with the premise of the mock. Sign Ingram, lock up our own key players, load up the secondary, pray Bryant and Green return and have positive impact. Will the Steelers follow suit?