It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jameis Winston suspended for a half vs Clemson
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:29 pm 

Apparently both of these videos were staged and never on live tv. Still funny. Still not suspension worthy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:31 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I just found out what this is about and I am so angry.

There is no way in hell Jameis Winston should have been punished for this-- he is a college kid satirizing a popular internet meme, something virtually everyone here does regularly, and we're not even college kids.

he's not representing corporate america or running for office, he's a kid. He didn't lose his temper, he didn't injure anyone, he didn't get in a fight-- he essentially told a joke in the school lunchroom.

Give me a fucking break about this incident affecting his draft chances.

I agree.

Jax wrote:
It ain't going to be pretty, but the Steelers aren't about pretty are they? I'll take 11 ugly wins and a spot in the playoffs...Get your antacid of choice ready and enjoy that shit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:35 pm 

R S wrote:
holy shit. that reporter is a legend.

But I disagree. Standing up on a table in a crowded public area and screaming that doesn't show much maturity. Much different than doing it within a group of friends or even stretching before practice. Big difference

He's in college. How corporate and antiseptic to people need to be all the time?

Jax wrote:
It ain't going to be pretty, but the Steelers aren't about pretty are they? I'll take 11 ugly wins and a spot in the playoffs...Get your antacid of choice ready and enjoy that shit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:14 am 

Apparently, very.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:26 am 

He didn't get suspended from school, he got suspended from his extra curricular activity that pays for his schooling

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:34 am 

Iron_City wrote:
He didn't get suspended from school, he got suspended from his extra curricular activity that pays for his schooling

Suspended for half of his extra-curricular activity to be exact.

Feel as one will about a suspension, but these half-game suspensions are a fuckin' joke. Either take them off the field or leave them on the field.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:34 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

There is no way in hell Jameis Winston should have been punished for this-- he is a college kid satirizing a popular internet meme, something virtually everyone here does regularly, and we're not even college kids.

he's not representing corporate america or running for office, he's a kid. He didn't lose his temper, he didn't injure anyone, he didn't get in a fight-- he essentially told a joke in the school lunchroom.

Agreed, I do shit like that all the time, I yell way worse shit while watching a Steelers game with the back door open so the neighbors hear it, I a usually drunk, havin consumed at least 8-10 beers at the time. I am sick of FUCKING DUMBASS "OUTRAGE" USA... every little fucking thing, the PUSSIES of America fly into an OUTRAGE MODE, glad I'm getting old and lived most of my life before it's come to the current PUSSIFIED world.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:53 am 

Nick79 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Agreed, I do shit like that all the time, I yell way worse shit while watching a Steelers game with the back door open so the neighbors hear it, I a usually drunk, havin consumed at least 8-10 beers at the time. I am sick of FUCKING DUMBASS "OUTRAGE" USA... every little fucking thing, the PUSSIES of America fly into an OUTRAGE MODE, glad I'm getting old and lived most of my life before it's come to the current PUSSIFIED world.

Here's the thing. Nobody gives a fuck if you live or die. You don't represent shit except a minority percentage of the overbearing part of the middle class. You could end up on a milk carton tomorrow and the only ones that would give a shit live within the confines of your 4 walls.

JW is a cash cow. He plays by a totally different set of rules than your irrelevant self

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:17 am 

Iron_City wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Here's the thing. Nobody gives a fuck if you live or die. You don't represent shit except a minority percentage of the overbearing part of the middle class. You could end up on a milk carton tomorrow and the only ones that would give a shit live within the confines of your 4 walls.

JW is a cash cow. He plays by a totally different set of rules than your irrelevant self

So what did he do that was so bad, he cursed! OMG! This is why I HATE the modern USA! A guy curses, doesn't commit a crime, doesn't do drugs, doesn't hit a precious woman, doesn't drive drunk, he say's a couple BAD WORDS-whoop-de-doo, so THAT ALONE is enough to ruin his future earnings potential? Give me a break, and FCK any country that thinks like this! God Bless Europe- a place where they'd laugh this off as a non-issue! A place where they LAUGH AT U.S. culture, deservedly so!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 am 

Quote:
This is why I HATE the modern USA! A guy curses, doesn't commit a crime, doesn't do drugs, doesn't hit a precious woman, doesn't drive drunk, he say's a couple BAD WORDS-whoop-de-doo, so THAT ALONE is enough to ruin his future earnings potential? Give me a break, and FCK any country that thinks like this! God Bless Europe- a place where they'd laugh this off as a non-issue! A place where they LAUGH AT U.S. culture, deservedly so!

I get what you're saying, but three distinct points:

1. "Fuck her right in the pussy" is probably not someone who was (and is, I think) subject to a rape investigation should be yelling in public.
2. Maybe it wasn't that bad, in the grand scheme, but schools still want their high profile members, such as athletes, to reflect well on the school.
3. Shouldn't this be part of the beauty of America? No one stopped Jameis from saying it. He's not in jail. But freedom of speech isn't freedom from all repercussions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next