It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jameis Winston suspended for a half vs Clemson
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:53 am 

Big business is about image and brand

He's the most recognizable face with the institution that is Florida State University these days

Nobody says you have to like it. But at some point you'll need to accept it

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:20 am 

Iron_City wrote:
Big business is about image and brand

He's the most recognizable face with the institution that is Florida State University these days

Nobody says you have to like it. But at some point you'll need to accept it

I don't think him yelling that would reduce the attendance or lower the TV ratings come Saturday, I don't think anybody is giving away their tickets or cancelling their tail gate parties either. Just a bunch of Pharassies, hypochrites who pretend they are pious, but really full of shit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:01 pm 

I'm not trying to stir up shit, but does anyone in this thread understand what a university is? And if you do, in what universe is what he did ok?

Ok, so this took 5 seconds to google:

http://srr.fsu.edu/About-Us/Mission-Statement

Mission Statement
The Florida State University Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (SRR) mission is to facilitate student learning and development regarding community standards by balancing individual and community rights. SRR supports a safe and inclusive environment that enhances academic pursuits and student success. Institutional core values of the Seminole Creed and Responsible Freedom guide our conduct and inform policy and decisions.
Florida State University Civility Statement: Uphold the Garnet & Gold
Respect, Responsibility, Reflect
• Demonstrating respect for ourselves and others
• Taking responsibility for yourself and those around you
• Reflecting the values of Florida State
The Florida State University is a diverse community with a longstanding tradition of respect for the dignity and worth of each person. We recognize the importance of disagreement and informed debate for a dynamic learning environment, we also expect each member of our community to embrace the values of civility and ethical conduct and share in the responsibility to promote these values. Uphold the Garnet and Gold by demonstrating respect for ourselves and others, taking responsibility for yourself and those around you, and reflecting the values of Florida State

Gees, why oh why I wonder was he disciplined?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:02 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
I'm not trying to stir up shit, but does anyone in this thread understand what a university is? And if you do, in what universe is what he did ok?

Mission Statement
The Florida State University Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (SRR) mission is to facilitate student learning and development regarding community standards by balancing individual and community rights. SRR supports a safe and inclusive environment that enhances academic pursuits and student success. Institutional core values of the Seminole Creed and Responsible Freedom guide our conduct and inform policy and decisions.
The Florida State University is a diverse community with a longstanding tradition of respect for the dignity and worth of each person. We recognize the importance of disagreement and informed debate for a dynamic learning environment, we also expect each member of our community to embrace the values of civility and ethical conduct and share in the responsibility to promote these values. Uphold the Garnet and Gold by demonstrating respect for ourselves and others, taking responsibility for yourself and those around you, and reflecting the values of Florida State

Point taken

The University lawmakers are educators, not football coaches

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:06 pm 

Iron_City wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Mission Statement

Point taken

The University lawmakers are educators, not football coaches

Actually they're administrators who often don't know shit about educating anyone. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:14 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
Quote:
This is why I HATE the modern USA! A guy curses, doesn't commit a crime, doesn't do drugs, doesn't hit a precious woman, doesn't drive drunk, he say's a couple BAD WORDS-whoop-de-doo, so THAT ALONE is enough to ruin his future earnings potential? Give me a break, and FCK any country that thinks like this! God Bless Europe- a place where they'd laugh this off as a non-issue! A place where they LAUGH AT U.S. culture, deservedly so!

I get what you're saying, but three distinct points:

1. "Fuck her right in the pussy" is probably not someone who was (and is, I think) subject to a rape investigation should be yelling in public.
2. Maybe it wasn't that bad, in the grand scheme, but schools still want their high profile members, such as athletes, to reflect well on the school.
3. Shouldn't this be part of the beauty of America? No one stopped Jameis from saying it. He's not in jail. But freedom of speech isn't freedom from all repercussions.

Exactly. I've never been around a head coach or an AD wouldnt wouldn't get pissed off if one of their players stood up on a table in front of hundreds of other students and strangers in a PUBLIC area and screamed "fuck her in the pussy". That doesn't represent the team the way any coach or athletic department would want.

On what planet are people surprised he was disciplined? Student athletes are held to a higher standard and have much more to lose than Joey Jagoff down the hall in the dorm.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:31 pm 

R S wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
Quote:
This is why I HATE the modern USA! A guy curses, doesn't commit a crime, doesn't do drugs, doesn't hit a precious woman, doesn't drive drunk, he say's a couple BAD WORDS-whoop-de-doo, so THAT ALONE is enough to ruin his future earnings potential? Give me a break, and FCK any country that thinks like this! God Bless Europe- a place where they'd laugh this off as a non-issue! A place where they LAUGH AT U.S. culture, deservedly so!

I get what you're saying, but three distinct points:

1. "Fuck her right in the pussy" is probably not someone who was (and is, I think) subject to a rape investigation should be yelling in public.
2. Maybe it wasn't that bad, in the grand scheme, but schools still want their high profile members, such as athletes, to reflect well on the school.
3. Shouldn't this be part of the beauty of America? No one stopped Jameis from saying it. He's not in jail. But freedom of speech isn't freedom from all repercussions.

Exactly. I've never been around a head coach or an AD wouldnt wouldn't get pissed off if one of their players stood up on a table in front of hundreds of other students and strangers in a PUBLIC area and screamed "fuck her in the pussy". That doesn't represent the team the way any coach or athletic department would want.

On what planet are people surprised he was disciplined? Student athletes are held to a higher standard and have much more to lose than Joey Jagoff down the hall in the dorm.

Especially a Heisman Trophy QB, who is not just the face of the football team, but the face of the university, and the face of college football. Add the bad choices and other indiscretions, and it most certainly sets of warning bells.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:24 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Mission Statement
The Free Seafood University Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (SRR) mission is to facilitate student learning and development regarding community standards by balancing individual and community rights. SRR supports a safe and inclusive environment that enhances academic pursuits and student success. Institutional core values of the Seminole Creed and Responsible Freedom guide our conduct and inform policy and decisions.
Free Seafood University Civility Statement: Uphold the Garnet & Gold

Fixed it for you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:37 am 

SP wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Mission Statement
The Free Seafood University Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (SRR) mission is to facilitate student learning and development regarding community standards by balancing individual and community rights. SRR supports a safe and inclusive environment that enhances academic pursuits and student success. Institutional core values of the Seminole Creed and Responsible Freedom guide our conduct and inform policy and decisions.

Fixed it for you.

Had to google reference. Was he benched for that? It happened off campus so he was functionally neither student nor student athlete. I imagine he was disciplined for screaming about pussy because at the time he was on campus and functionally a student. This guy is a winner on and off the field!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:20 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
SP wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Mission Statement

Fixed it for you.

Had to google reference. Was he benched for that? It happened off campus so he was functionally neither student nor student athlete. I imagine he was disciplined for screaming about pussy because at the time he was on campus and functionally a student. This guy is a winner on and off the field!

I might be wrong, but I think he was suspended from the baseball team for the seafood shoplifting. Not sure about the free soft drink debacle. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next