It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WWSD? Draft
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:10 pm 

Don't take this as my endorsement, but reading between the tea leaves... my prediction for the Steelers 2017 draft class. I don't know if they will sign a superstar like Melvin Ingram-- but I think they'll sign somebody.

1.30..... TE David Njoku, Miami. He's underaged, with high productivity in a top conference, and plays a position of need. If no OLB is signed, Carl Lawson could be the pick.
2.62..... CB Quincy Wilson, Florida. Press corner with ball skills, top conference, underaged-- sound familiar?
3.92..... CB Howard Wilson, Houston. Also young, also has ball skills, took over the #1 CB job from a stud recruit and refused to let it go. Houston struggled a bit this year, but Wilson was excellent.
4.132... OLB Travis Hendrickson, Florida Atlantic. Similar story to Hargrave-- lesser known productive/high motor player, off-brand conference, burst onto the scene in postseason all-star game.
5.173... OLB Dawuante Smoot, Illinois. The solid, big conference edge guy with bend, skill vs the run, and upside.
5.181... S Damarius Travis, Minnesota. Steelers met with him at Shrine Game, he got added to Senior Bowl roster, can play at all three levels, much like Sean Davis.
6.208... WR Quincy Adeboyejo, Mississippi. Like somewhere between Sammie Coates and Martavis Bryant, with more ability to play the ball in the air. Shocking that he's still available here, according to the draft "experts".
7.253... RB De'Angelo Henderson, Costal Carolina Change of pace back, who can block and catch in pass game, very good vision.

Yes, that's two Wilsons, two Quincys, and another Deangelo backup RB. Things will get a big shakeup in the next month, so chances are this draft's point is Smoot.

Post subject: Re: WWSD? Draft
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:37 pm 

Quote:
I don't know if they will sign a superstar like Melvin Ingram-

I do...they won't.
As for your mock...I would comment, but other than Quincy Wilson, Smoot, and Travis, I know little to nothing of the others.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:20 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:

I do...they won't.
As for your mock...I would comment, but other than Quincy Wilson, Smoot, and Travis, I know little to nothing of the others.

Mario Addison? Nick Perry? Erik Walden? Lorenzo Alexander? Chandler Jones? There are really a lot coming on to the market.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 pm 

We all like Ingram. We all know the Steelers won't sign Ingram. I said Steelers should've signed Nick Perry last season, now maybe even he might be too costly...for the Steelers anyway. Most a pity.

Glad to see you mocked Hendrickson. Lot of high motor, mid round pass rushers this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:04 pm 

:lol: aren't you the guy who was just ragging on Smoot on Twitter?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:08 pm 

Did you read the fine print: I didn't say any of these guys would be *my* picks. I said these are kind of what I expect the Steelers to do in this draft.

I've seen good tape and bad tape on Smoot. Even at his best, as you said-- he struggles to finish and is not a good tackler. Can you teach those things? I don't know. He sure does seem like the kind of player they like, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:03 am 

I am not a fan of Smoot but it would be a Steeler pick rather then to swing for the fences.

I admit I only saw Quincy Adeboyejo in his rookie season but how would he fall this far. He was outstanding. Between Coates and Bryant is a good description.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:24 pm 

jebrick wrote:
I am not a fan of Smoot but it would be a Steeler pick rather then to swing for the fences.

I admit I only saw Quincy Adeboyejo in his rookie season but how would he fall this far. He was outstanding. Between Coates and Bryant is a good description.

CBS/ nfldraftscout has him in the 400s. I don't get it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:02 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVKjup5vnj4

This is showing a lot of body catches and poor hands. But a 5th round pick and a jug machine would work.

Two guys I like who are listed above 200 on CBS

WR Jehu Chesson Michigan 6'3 200
http://draftbreakdown.com/video/jehu-ch ... rida-2015/

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/jehu-ch ... te-2015-2/

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/jehu-ch ... iana-2015/

DeAngelo Yancey Purdue 6'1 220
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWSFFI_ouTY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:46 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:

I do...they won't.

Mario Addison? Nick Perry? Erik Walden? Lorenzo Alexander? Chandler Jones? There are really a lot coming on to the market.

C'mon man...you know it isn't about who's available. But if you all want to pretend that they are going to all of a sudden change their business approach and throw big money at A FA, go right ahead.