It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who Mocked My Cheese?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:12 pm 

If you ever were assigned the book Who Moved My Cheese, you know that the moral of the story is that each of us will experience change at some point in our lives, and we will all deal with it in different ways. With mice serving as the story’s characters whose supply of cheese was abruptly stopped, we learned that some of us will never let ourselves become satisfied with the status quo and will always seek to better our lives through change. Others will allow themselves to become blinded to the world around them while they focus on the gluttony of the familiar and comfortable. They will not notice the downward spiral of the source of their comfort until it is all gone and nothing remains. Then some will reluctantly move on, driven by necessity, in search of something new, while others will remain behind in the fruitless hope that their comfort will somehow be restored. The ones who move on will have a chance to find a new source of comfort, while those that remain behind are doomed to failure.

As it stands now I think it’s safe to conclude that Mike Tomlin and other key members of the Pittsburgh Steelers organization do not like to have their cheese moved. Tomlin, and his “we do what we do,“ status quo, approach definitely reflects the “Hem and Haw” mentality to dealing with the need to change. The Patriots moved the Steelers cheese. If the Steelers as an organization truly want to defeat the Evil Empire, then I suggest Tomlin and Colbert become more like “Sniff” and “Scurry” and embrace change as a means to do what is necessary to get past the Patriots roadblock and win their franchise its 7th Lombardi Trophy.

2T) Tim Williams 6’3 255 EDGE Alabama- I’m quite sure that Kevin Colbert and Art II will “Hem and Haw” at the idea of signing Melvin Ingram to fill the edge-rusher void on the roster. But maybe losing to the Patriots yet again has moved Colbert’s cheese enough to break the status quo of running to the podium the second the Steelers are on the clock. Perhaps instead, he will “scurry” to trade up or in this case trade down to acquire a kid who I feel ranks near the top of his class in terms of explosion off the edge. So why would such a beast fall out of the 1st round? Off field issues of course. Despite my not so subtle clamoring for change, I would not fault the Steelers should they chose not to draft players with a history of substance abuse. Still, this pass rushing demon would look pretty damn good terrorizing opposing qbs opposite an emerging Bud Dupree.

2.) JuJu Smith-Schuster 6’2 220 WR USC- So this week Art II shed exactly zero light on the Martavis Bryant situation, saying only that Bryant can’t be counted on. Thanks for the update, Deuce. Status quo Joe you are. So rather than sit back and simply hope the Alien returns to the field in 2017 and beyond, let’s be more like “Sniff” and be proactive rather than reactive and draft this brick shithouse that reminds me of a much better conditioned version of Alshon Jeffery. He’s great after the catch and can really “high point” the football. Speed is not great and neither was his performance against Alabama. However, after Sam Darnold was inserted as the starting qb, USC’s offense caught fire as did this dedicated, hardworking, red-zone dominator.

3T.) Adoree’ Jackson 5’11 185 CB USC- It will probably take a lot more than moving some fromunda to get Tomlin to fire some coaches but at the very least I’d like to see Danny Smith get shit-canned. Then, rather than just re-signing Greg Warren year after year, I’d actually look to upgrade the special teams unit by drafting the most explosive return man Daniel Jeremiah has ever scouted in my guy Jackson here. How many games have Devin Hester and Deion Sanders won their teams with their dynamic, field flipping return skills? Give this phenomenal athlete and respected team leader some coaching and I promise you he can be a playmaker for the secondary as well. CBS dropped this kid down to 69 in their rankings making Jackson a “grand larceny” selection here in early round 3.

3.) Justin Evans 6’0 193 S Texas A&M- My senior year of college, 1993, me and a gorgeous Alpha Gam at Three Rivers Stadium, Monday Night Football, watching MY Steelers literally decapitate HER Buffalo Bills in a 23-0 shutout. Jim Kelly was knocked out of the game, Andre Reed knocked out the game, and I don’t even know what to call what Gary Jones did to poor Don Beebe. All I know is that those Aggies sure can hit. Justin Evans is an Aggie...AND he can cover.

4,) Damontae Kazee 5’10 183 CB San Diego St.- Joins former Aztec Kirk Morrison as the only repeat winners of the Mountain West DPOY award in school history. “Blond John,” my west coast scout assured me this kid is the real deal. “Blond John’s” word is gold, but if that’s not good enough for you Mike Mayock raved about Kazee’s feet and aggressive approach in man coverage during Senior Bowl week practices. This kid LOVES contact. Vicious tackler and eager run supporter. Kama-Kazee would be an ideal nuisance to the albino jackrabbits who ran unscathed through our secondary in the horrible nightmare that was the AFC Championship game.

4C) Daeshon Hall 6’5 265 DE Texas A&M– DVR is a wonderful invention. I’m still catching up on Senior Bowl practices but from what I’ve seen so far this Hall kid has made the highly touted Antonio Garcia look like a piece of “soggy toast.” Now, our Steelers as we are all painfully aware have been reluctant to deviate from their traditional 3-4 defense, but adding a true 4-3 end such as Mr. Hall here I think that would at least free up Tomlin and I guess Butler to take a more Belichickian approach to defense by switching from 3-4 to a 4-3 during the course of a game as opposed to just “doing what we do.”

5.) Tenzel Smart 6’1 296 DT Tulane- This “bowling ball of butcher knives” was unblockable during Senior Bowl practices last week. An undersized disruptor with a non-stop motor and a knack for causing chaos behind the line of scrimmage. This explosive powder keg once got in a skirmish with a teammate in practice so Tulane Head Coach, Curtis Johnson, made Smart and teammate Sean Donnelly hold hands and walk around the field for 20 minutes. In his wildest dreams, Mike Tomlin couldn’t come up with something that cool.

6.) Michael Roberts 6’4 261 TE Toledo- This kid has 11 7/8 inch hands! These aren’t effing Burger King hands we’re talking about here! They’re 11 7/8 inch hands! The ball must look like a BK mini coming into those mitts! Anyway, The Steelers swung and missed on Ladarius Green, but hey at least they swung. So if by no small miracle Martavis Bryant comes back and an early pick is spent on a red-zone weapon at WR then to me adding a kid with 16 TDs this season here on day 3 will fortify Ben’s red-zone weapons.

6C) Joe Mixon 6’1 226 RB Oklahoma- Imagine if you will a rainy Sunday afternoon in late April. You’re safely tucked away in your man-cave, half asleep on the couch, NFL draft coverage blaring from your giant, perfectly mounted, flat screen, when you’re awakened by the monotone announcement, “With the 34th pick in the 6th rd, the Pittsburgh Steelers select, Joe Mixon, running back, Oklahoma.” Whoa! “If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn’t be more surprised.” Will it happen? Hell no. Mixon could suffer the same fate as La’ell Collins when all 32 NFL teams all passed on him a couple seasons back. Screw that. Take a day 3 gamble on a day 1 talent. Take the temporary PR hit. Then enjoy having the most lethal backfield in the NFL, maybe in the history of the NFL. Run their wheels off Mike!

7.) Jordan Herdman 6’0 238 ILB Simon-Fraser (Canada)- An intense, tackling machine, this two time Great Northwest Athletic Conference DPOY, was the first Clan player to ever play in the Reese’s Senior Bowl. He made quite the impression lighting up BYU’s Jamal Williams like a Christmas tree on a pass over the middle. This cerebral, team captain plans to attend medical school when his playing days are over. Dig this DII War Daddy.

Thanks as always for reading. Maybe one day Tomlin and the Steelers will be the one’s moving Belichick and the Patriots cheese. We can only hope. Until then, “Go Falcons!”

Post subject: Re: Who Mocked My Cheese?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:41 pm 

I'd take that in a heartbeat and be very happy.
I don't think they go with a guy with off the field issues before the 4th round after what's going on with Bryant.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:42 pm 

Ummm yeah, I would be cool with this one.

oh man I remember that Gary Jones hit on the sideline to Beebe, it was ugly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:11 pm 

much of this elicited cheers, but this part elicited boos:
Quote:
2.) JuJu Smith-Schuster 6’2 220 WR USC- So this week Art II shed exactly zero light on the Martavis Bryant situation, saying only that Bryant can’t be counted on. Thanks for the update, Deuce. Status quo Joe you are. So rather than sit back and simply hope the Alien returns to the field in 2017 and beyond, let’s be more like “Sniff” and be proactive rather than reactive and draft this brick shithouse that reminds me of a much better conditioned version of Alshon Jeffery. He’s great after the catch and can really “high point” the football. Speed is not great and neither was his performance against Alabama. However, after Sam Darnold was inserted as the starting qb, USC’s offense caught fire as did this dedicated, hardworking, red-zone dominator.

3T.) Adoree’ Jackson 5’11 185 CB USC- It will probably take a lot more than moving some fromunda to get Tomlin to fire some coaches but at the very least I’d like to see Danny Smith get shit-canned. Then, rather than just re-signing Greg Warren year after year, I’d actually look to upgrade the special teams unit by drafting the most explosive return man Daniel Jeremiah has ever scouted in my guy Jackson here. How many games have Devin Hester and Deion Sanders won their teams with their dynamic, field flipping return skills? Give this phenomenal athlete and respected team leader some coaching and I promise you he can be a playmaker for the secondary as well. CBS dropped this kid down to 69 in their rankings making Jackson a “grand larceny” selection here in early round 3.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:22 pm 

If Joe Mixon falls to the 6th round I'll eat my phone. He might end up the best NFL RB from this class and talent evaluators know it. His 'incident' may drop him down a round, but he won't make it to Day 3.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:24 pm 

And as I said before, I'd draft Joe Mixon early and Jonnu Smith late so when the high horse crowd starts to cry about Mixon I can hit them with Smith. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:32 pm 

Any draft that includes my boy Tim Williams is a good one in my book.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:04 am 

Drama, you hit another one out of the park. If the draft fell that way today I would be ecstatic. Excellent haul. Keep 'em coming. Love the story lines as well as the explanation(s) regarding your picks. Always entertaining. Outstanding Sir!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:46 pm 

So, the NFL has blocked Joe Mixon from the combine. Absolute BULLSHIT!. His incident was years ago. The girl attacked and hit him repeatedly. He served his punishment. The NFL is a hypocritical joke. The only reasons they give a shit about Mixon's incident is the backlash from the Ray Rice incident and the fact it's on video. Take away the video and nobody cares about the incident. Mixon is a top 4 RB in this class and at worst a 2nd round talent. If all 32 teams pass on him they are a bunch of morons. The kid made a mistake. He's served his punishment and had a clean record ever since. If I was a GM in no way would I drop Mixon from my board. If all 32 do, it's a top down conspiracy.

- Sorry for the rant in this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:57 pm 

Id take him in the 3rd.