It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Five possible first round picks the Pittsburgh Steelers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:37 pm 

SP wrote:
Top 10 likeliest picks at #30 ranked, according to what I think they'll do, and who will be available:

OLB:
1. Takkarist Mckinely OLB UCLA
2. Carl Lawson OLB Auburn
3. Charles Harris OLB, Missouri
4. Sidney Jones CB Washington
5. Haason Reddick OLB Temple
6. Tre White CB LSU
7. Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama
8. David Njoku TE Miami
9. Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson
10. OJ Howard TE Alabama

Debates?

Isn't Reddick slated to be an ILB? Would the Steelers take a 1st Rounder at that position?

Really hope Harris is our pick, I think he could be really good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:38 pm 

SP wrote:
Top 10 likeliest picks at #30 ranked, according to what I think they'll do, and who will be available:

OLB:
1. Takkarist Mckinely OLB UCLA
2. Carl Lawson OLB Auburn
3. Charles Harris OLB, Missouri
4. Sidney Jones CB Washington
5. Haason Reddick OLB Temple
6. Tre White CB LSU
7. Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama
8. David Njoku TE Miami
9. Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson
10. OJ Howard TE Alabama

Debates?

It's a realistic list of players that very well could be there at pick 30. Could quibble with the order but I understand it's what you think the Steelers would do. I put Tim Williams at top of the list from pure talent grade. Obviously red flags cloud where he will ultimately get drafted. McKinnley would be near bottom. TJ Watt to me should garner some attention at pick 30 as well.

I like the corners more than the TE's from a need perspective so Njoku and Howard would be at the bottom of my personal list but perhaps Steelers will feel differently.

My hope is that Malik Hooker's shoulder and hernia surgery drop him out of top 10. I trade up for him in heartbeat. Teez Tabor and Marlon Humphrey could slide as well but doubt either makes it to pick 30.

Mayock compared Hassan Riddick to Lawrence Timmons so if Timmons not brought back, Riddick, the McMillan kid from Ohio St and my guy Jarrad Davis all in play at pick 30 as well

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:34 pm 

Reddick is like Timmons... if Timmons ran 4.3

Reddick might be faster than Shaz.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:12 am 

I am not a fan of Hooker. 1 year of starting. Misses tackles because of bad technique. Watches the QB's eyes too much to make up for a lack of coverage technique. If he fell to 30? Not sure. I was wrong about Apple last year. Hooker seems like player that will be redshirted his first season to learn a position.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:26 am 

jebrick wrote:
I am not a fan of Hooker. 1 year of starting. Misses tackles because of bad technique. Watches the QB's eyes too much to make up for a lack of coverage technique. If he fell to 30? Not sure. I was wrong about Apple last year. Hooker seems like player that will be redshirted his first season to learn a position.

Would you pass on Polamalu if he were in the draft? He was awful as a rookie and needed a red shirt year. After that....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:33 pm 

jebrick wrote:

Beauty is in the eye...I guess. IMO, Hooker is the best player in this draft. Tim Williams on the otherhand... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:57 pm 

SP wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Would you pass on Polamalu if he were in the draft? He was awful as a rookie and needed a red shirt year. After that....

Polamalu was a 3 year starter. He had some understand of coverage.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:38 pm 

Don't get the love for Lawson. I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd round. Major durability issues, & no-showed some big games the last few years. Yes I know he kicked Tunsil's ass last year, but he seems like the kind of risk you take late 2nd to mid 3rd.

Give me Taco Charlton, TJ Watt, or Demarcus Walker before him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:54 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
Don't get the love for Lawson. I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd round. Major durability issues, & no-showed some big games the last few years. Yes I know he kicked Tunsil's ass last year, but he seems like the kind of risk you take late 2nd to mid 3rd.

Give me Taco Charlton, TJ Watt, or Demarcus Walker before him.

I haven't checked out walker yet, but have seen nothing but disappointing film on the other two. If someone has something good to show, I'd happily fall in love with more edge guys.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:32 pm 

B2B check out Demarcus walker against Florida and Clemson. Kid was making plays all over the field. He's not a 3-4 olb but hes really good football player if steelers willing to find a role for him