It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post Super Bowl - Piss Everyone Off Mock
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:30 pm 

SP wrote:
Njoku is a well above average athlete for the TE position. I would say the same about his route running and hands. I was concerned about his blocking, but after watching a bunch of his tape I can say he is a surprisingly good pass blocker. Run blocking, he more or less gets in the way instead of driving people out. Not a major issue all things considered.

In other words, he's good enough as a #2 that you can see him getting reps right away. Also, he's the age Jesse James was when drafted, and everyone likes to point out how much better he'll get.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:18 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
SP wrote:
Njoku is a well above average athlete for the TE position. I would say the same about his route running and hands. I was concerned about his blocking, but after watching a bunch of his tape I can say he is a surprisingly good pass blocker. Run blocking, he more or less gets in the way instead of driving people out. Not a major issue all things considered.

In other words, he's good enough as a #2 that you can see him getting reps right away. Also, he's the age Jesse James was when drafted, and everyone likes to point out how much better he'll get.

See I disagree in this offense the Steelers tight ends are expected to do more than get in the way in the run game. James was a far better run blocker coming out of PSU than Njoku is coming out of the U.

This is all for not regardless. ZERO chance the Steelers take a tight end in round 1.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:08 pm 

FC wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
SP wrote:

See I disagree in this offense the Steelers tight ends are expected to do more than get in the way in the run game. James was a far better run blocker coming out of PSU than Njoku is coming out of the U.

This is all for not regardless. ZERO chance the Steelers take a tight end in round 1.

You want to be multiple, you're going to want different kinds of TEs. I know what they've been using; I also can see with my own eyes what works and what doesn't work with that strategy. Does Njoku block was well as Ladarius Green? Pretty much. In fact, he might be better as a pass protector. If we're sticking with that asshole Haley, then we need seam attacks to go with all the horizontal bullshit and "safe" deep sideline throws. I believe a workable formula of Haley's system is: short slots, screen game all over the place, mix in some runs, turn over the chains, hit the seams to TE and slot when the defense overly focuses on stopping 3rd and 3.

Granted I'd tell Haley to turn in his playbook yesterday and give this offense a kick in the ass, but that's me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:26 pm 

Quote:
Does Njoku block was well as Ladarius Green? Pretty much. In fact, he might be better as a pass protector.

Its impossible to compare the players at the college level because of Green's level of comp.

The Steelers love James and Grimble

I think the Steelers see TE around 6 on there list of draft needs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:02 pm 

FC wrote:
Quote:
Does Njoku block was well as Ladarius Green? Pretty much. In fact, he might be better as a pass protector.

Its impossible to compare the players at the college level because of Green's level of comp.

The Steelers love James and Grimble

I think the Steelers see TE around 6 on there list of draft needs

Perhaps-- although I don't think they'd pass on a rare talent at an offensive skill position, do you? They're not THAT good or THAT deep... and they did just sign a Ladarius Green-- a type we never thought we's see.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:08 pm 

I'd be shocked if they went TE in the top 4.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:43 pm 

cop1211 wrote:
I'd be shocked if they went TE in the top 4.

It somewhat depends on what they do in free agency, but I wouldn't rule out any young BPA at a position of need.

I'd call their needs (prior to free agency):
1. edge
2. safety
3. tight end
4. WR depth
5. CB
6. backup QB

If they make a free agent splash at Edge, I could see any position in play at 30, even the extremely unlikely-sounding QB.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:04 pm 

I'd go: pre FA.

1.OLB
2.FS
3.CB
4.WR
5RB
6.DE
7.TE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:17 am 

cop1211 wrote:
I'd go: pre FA.

1.OLB
2.FS
3.CB
4.WR
5RB
6.DE
7.TE

I don't see how DE is that big a need. I think Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave, Matthews, & Walton is a pretty good group. I maybe add one guy on day three. James and Grimble is scaring no one. WR depth is another easily upgradeable position. I'd put TE in the top 5, especailly considering the red zone/scoring inefficiency.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:40 am 

I'm guessing that Green comes back next year, and they see what happens. If he goes down again with concussions, they look for a TE in 2018.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next