It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post Super Bowl - Piss Everyone Off Mock
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:33 pm 

cop1211 wrote:
I'm guessing that Green comes back next year, and they see what happens. If he goes down again with concussions, they look for a TE in 2018.

this is the most amazing TE class in 7 years, so if you need one, this is the year

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:52 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
cop1211 wrote:
I'm guessing that Green comes back next year, and they see what happens. If he goes down again with concussions, they look for a TE in 2018.

this is the most amazing TE class in 7 years, so if you need one, this is the year

Just not in the 1st 3 rounds.

And the tight end class is really not that amazing....Plenty of oversized slot receivers

The next time Njoku Hodges Everett Ingram or Smith blocks someone will be the 1st time.

With reports Njoku Hodges and Everett are expected to be 4.6/4.7 guys this class begins to deflate.

I stand by my thought the Steelers will not draft a tight end on the 1st two days of this draft

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:02 pm 

FC wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
cop1211 wrote:

Just not in the 1st 3 rounds.

And the tight end class is really not that amazing....Plenty of oversized slot receivers

The next time Njoku Hodges Everett Ingram or Smith blocks someone will be the 1st time.

With reports Njoku Hodges and Everett are expected to be 4.6/4.7 guys this class begins to deflate.

I stand by my thought the Steelers will not draft a tight end on the 1st two days of this draft

A guy can dream, can't he? Yes, the position has become more of a glorified over-sized WR in college play... but that can work for you if you have a clever offensive mind. You can use that oversized WR to force the D to play nickel, then run it at them. Or you can spread out the TE vs a heavy look and either torture the D with an athletic TE vs LB in space or move the TE away from the box and run the football with one less big guy in there.

There are many other teams that seem to be able to make hay with TEs that are only try hard blockers, as long as their receiving talent is good enough to make a difference... and you undersell the blocking ability of some of those guys. Njoku and Hodges are pretty good blockers-- maybe better that the kid from Clemson, who looks more the part. Again, if you can play in the pass game like Jimmy Graham, you can get away with just doing your job as a blocker, not having to dominate.

When do you think Jay Jay Wilson comes out? That would be a good year to have a TE need and a top 5 pick. There's a Gronk that can out Gronk Gronk.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:58 pm 

FC wrote:
Since its a pissed off thread

David Njoku is going to struggle with the 1st thing at the combine

Height and weight

He will be under 235
He will measure under 6-4

Njoku, David says hi:
6040 246lbs 10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:27 pm 

Njoku measured in at 6'4 246 with a wingspan of 82 1/2", 10" hands. https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/sta ... 6398315520

To me Njoku is a move TE with the ability to block much in the same way as Shannon Sharpe did, on the move. He's a hands catcher with NFL capable route running ability. I think Njoku is gone before the Steelers pick at 30 anyway. LB'er is more a need I believe they'll address that position before any other. JMO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:57 pm 

Njoku is a good pass blocker. In the run game he's marginal. Who gives a fuck, it's not 1986 anymore. Split him out wide and give 3 WR looks and run that way or take him off the field on 3rd and 1. With his receiving ability any team would be happy to have him. Top 30 pick for sure. Could go top 20.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:38 pm 

I do agree when you split him out wide or give him an assignment where he has to locate a guy in space and get to him-- he is a pretty good blocker. In a phone booth, not so much.

But why the hell put him in a phone booth. He takes a guy out of the box and away from the play, anyway (good as a block) and I wouldn't even let him block on those WR screens, because he'll be better catching and running them than any Steelers WR except for maybe Martavis.

The way the draft is setting up, I think that at 1.30 there are going to be some good players at positions of need, one way or another.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:58 pm 

Quote:
Njoku is a good pass blocker. In the run game he's marginal. Who gives a fuck, it's not 1986 anymore.

Unfortunately...nobody except the Steelers brain trust...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:49 pm 

My sons high school football team played against NjokI in back to back years in the state playoffs.
They beat and eliminated us in 2012 and we.beat them in 2013 to go on and play in the state finals game at Met Life.

Always had myself saying this kid is a freak with deer speed and I hope they don't pass to him.
Watch the video below from that game.
He has a ridiculous 99 yard TD catch and run that cover 100 + yards. Crushing play that almost tied the game.

My son is #70 in black. Pulling RG and DT. Recovers a fumble about 2 minute mark. Gets penetration and in on tackle of huge extra point attempt after Njoko a long TD.

Njoko is more football fast , in pads game fast than he will be in shorts.
Speaks to the physical freak he is.
That's what you want.

He will be what Ladarius Green was and look what he did to our offense.
We did not sign Green to block.

http://jerseysportsnow.com/article.php?story=13112202&county=Bergen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:25 pm 

NjokI 4.70 40 is not great.

Howard!! 4.51 for 256lbs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next