It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mockdiculously Bored Already
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:04 pm 

1T) Derek Barnett 6’3 265 EDGE Tennessee- What’s this? My guy Barnett is sliding down into the 20’s??? Make the move Tombert. This kid is a “plug and play” pass rusher. My 9 yr old’s first real taste of Sanford stadium (can’t count Nichols St.) was the hail mary loss to the vols. My boy spent half the game bitching about the sun and the other half yelling at the Georgia OL to block somebody…that somebody was Derek Barnett.

2.) Cordrea Tankersly 6’0 200 CB Clemson- Another kid I’ve repeatedly mocked. Nose for the football with 5 ints this year all seemingly of the timely variety. More impressively, in two plus years as a starter, Tankersly allowed an NFL passer rating of 40.0 on passes thrown in his direction. The Tigers secondary shut down my Buckeyes and the Tide in what really was an impressive playoff run by Dabo’s Tigers.

3.) Ardarius Stewart 6’1 204 WR Alabama- Repeat’s happen when you mock as often as me, but here’s another Drama favorite. Kid is just a tough, hardnosed football player that I really enjoy watching. He’s the most physical wide receiver I’ve seen since Hines Ward. But he’s the anti-Ward in that this kid is said to be the fastest player on the Tide roster this past season. Very strong, ultra-competitive with a “dog mindset.” Want this kid whether Martavis Bryant returns or not.

4.) Traded for Barnett

4C) Eddie Jackson 6’0 194 S Alabama- Back to Tuscaloosa and another player I’ve repeatedly mocked. I’d be very happy taking him day 2, but I’m holding out a glimmer of hope that the broken leg causes him to get lost in the shuffle of a pretty deep safety class. Former corner and team leader who would look pretty damn good quarterbacking a young, enthusiastic, Steelers’ secondary.

5.) John Johnson 6’1 205 S Boston College- More years ago than I care to remember, I wanted the Steelers to draft Florida WR, Jack Jackson just because I thought he had a cool name. I want the Steelers to draft John Johnson because this former corner can both cover and hit. Mayock, the ultimate BC homer, raved about Johnson down in Mobile. Another intelligent, team leader that I think would be an ideal chess piece to cover the Gronks and Kelces of the league.

6.) Aarion Penton 5’9 177 CB Missouri- I’m glad Charles Davis didn’t cover the Senior Bowl or I’d have to suffer through stupid “mighty mouse” nicknames for this kid. Yes he’s small but if he were bigger you’d be talking about a potential 1st round pick instead of a day 3 steal. An ideal slot corner that will give the albino jackrabbits of the Patriots fits with his physicality and nose for the football. This kid is an Antoine Winfield-like tackling machine, always sticking his nose in the action. Dig this little fella.

6C) Jamaal Williams 6’0 211 RB BYU- For bowl poll purposes only, I watched this truck literally run over a Wyoming defense on a rare rainy night in San Diego. Kid’s upright running style reminds me of David Johnson. Can’t stand that but I guess you can’t argue the production as my guy Charles Demarr can surely attest. Williams rushed for a career high 286 yds and 5 tds against his Toledo Rockets.

7,) Joe Mathis 6’2 255 EDGE Washington- Can’t mock this “sleeper” enough times. Mathis recently tweeted his surgically repaired foot is 100% so I’m guessing he’ll attend the combine.If he tests well he'll enjoy a "meteoric rise" up the draft board. I said it before, kid dominated Stanford in the only game I saw him play this year but that performance was enough to convince me he’s well worth a day 3 dart throw.

Thanks as always for reading. The combine can’t get here soon enough. I’m bored already.

Post subject: Re: Mockdiculously Bored Already
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:07 pm 

A lot of the draftnik and analytics types are down and Barnett. I just watch games and can't figure out what they don't like about him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:18 pm 

SP wrote:
A lot of the draftnik and analytics types are down and Barnett. I just watch games and can't figure out what they don't like about him.

as long as other teams are down on him and he falls into the 20's

I personally do not think he makes it out of the top 12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:19 pm 

I saw one mock where the Steelers took Rivers from YSU and Barnett went undrafted in the first round.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:47 pm 

Barnett is plug and play, man. He gets the most consistent pressure of anyone in this draft-- he might get to the QB as consistently as anyone playing in power 5 since Von Miller.

I think people are down on him because he's not a classic speed rusher, which is ludicrous.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:47 pm 

SP wrote:
I saw one mock where the Steelers took Rivers from YSU and Barnett went undrafted in the first round.

I have seen several where that Pats take him at 32 or he falls to the early 2nd. My comment is that Tomlin would run over his own grandma to get to the podium.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:06 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Barnett is plug and play, man. He gets the most consistent pressure of anyone in this draft-- he might get to the QB as consistently as anyone playing in power 5 since Von Miller.

I think people are down on him because he's not a classic speed rusher, which is ludicrous.

He's not the type of athlete Miller is, for sure. He's more like LaMar Woodley. But with how so many LTs are light in the pants these days, he's going to have a lot of success converting speed to power.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:03 am 

Drama...

I still have nightmares about Williams running over the top of the Rockets D. I'm glad he's starting to get a little respect around here. We were talking about him in another thread as well. Runs a bit upright, but does not go down on first contact. Physical, big, highly productive back who played against very solid competition at BYU. I would love this kid in the 5th round range. I do believe there may be a few off-field red flags though. I will do some further research.

Trading a 4th to get Barnett? Sign me up. I like Tankersly as well. He screams Steelers corner to me.

Great job as usual.